Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 21 2009, 08:10 AM   #241
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: The Official Welcome Thread

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
All you newbies should head on over to The Neutral Zone, too.
We're having a Trek discussion there also. The nice thing about it is that we're all equals and free to like or dislike the movie as we so desire. We treat each other politely and fairly, and we're always looking for open minded, thoughtful people willing to dig in and speak their minds with respect and determination. If you don't know how to get there, it's in your User CP and select TNZ. The discussion's getting fun!

J.
Oh, J, you're doing it to n00bs? Oh. For shame.
Doing what? I think Star Trek can be discussed in a genuinely open manner, where everyone participates on even ground.

If you folks are interested, you can find us in TNZ.

J.
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 08:58 AM   #242
Australis
Writer

Welcome xman, good to see you're starting them early.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2009, 09:03 PM   #243
xman
Commander

Borgminister wrote: View Post
xman wrote: View Post
I loved TNG as well, didn't warm too much to DS9 because after the first season it seemed to dilute itself.
Go dilute yourself, San Diego...

How so though...? DS9 was my favorite.
The first few episodes were supposed to be gritty, a darker dirtier Trek and while I think it eventually got there, it lost that sense for quite some time after the first few episodes and I stopped caring. That was just me.

Cute kid. Must take after his mother...
Are you trying to make friends with me?
Old May 21 2009, 10:37 PM   #244
Sub-Odeon
Ensign

Howdy do. I thought I had an account here from a couple of years ago? Had to re-sign up just now.

Anyway, I runt he STSTCSOLD&A and occasionally lurk on this forum. Excitement over Star Trek 2009 has had me reading here more than usual. Thought I should throw in my two cents.

Are custom avatars denied for new users? In my profile it has a single radio button that is permanently checked for disabling the avatar.
Old May 22 2009, 12:03 AM   #245
trampledamage
Clone

I loved TNG as well, didn't warm too much to DS9 because after the first season it seemed to dilute itself.
Go dilute yourself, San Diego...

How so though...? DS9 was my favorite.
The first few episodes were supposed to be gritty, a darker dirtier Trek and while I think it eventually got there, it lost that sense for quite some time after the first few episodes and I stopped caring. That was just me.
It did go through a run of pretty generic TNG-like episodes, I agree. I kept watching though because the cast were always worth it.

Welcome to the BBS

Oh, and Sub-odeon - yes, avatars come in after a certain amount of posts, can't remember how many - click on the FAQ link at the top of the screen, it should tell you.

And he says that like it's a bad thing...
trampledamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 03:11 PM   #246
friedebarth
Lieutenant Commander

Okay, another Hello thread.

I'm Friedebarth, a trekker from Germany and I hate the new movie. Well, except for fanon 24th century designs of the altered movie timeline. And I like the new technobabble and stuff. Yeah, but apart from that, I think the new movie is utter crap. McCoy doesn't have a southern Accent, the Enterprise looks like Apple iDildo-prise and so forth.

Good film, but bad Trek.
Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be follow my faith."
friedebarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2009, 01:26 AM   #247
jeremiah_jux
Ensign

Hi everyone! My name is Jeremiah, you can just call me Jux. I became a fan after watching STXI. Now I'm watching the Star Trek Original series! It's awesome!
jeremiah_jux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2009, 01:31 AM   #248
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

jeremiah_jux wrote: View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Jeremiah, you can just call me Jux. I became a fan after watching STXI. Now I'm watching the Star Trek Original series! It's awesome!
Cool. Enjoy it.
Old May 23 2009, 06:50 AM   #249
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Crusher Disciple wrote: View Post
Cool. Enjoy it.
I remember the first time I watched TOS. I think that's why I love the movie so much. It brings back that magic and wonder of a being a Trekkie as a kid.

J.
Old May 23 2009, 02:25 PM   #250
Bobatiel
Commodore

Hey Jux, Welcome!

What is it about Star Trek that you like so much?

How many episodes have you watched so far?
Bobatiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2009, 04:29 PM   #251
Minuialeth
Lieutenant Commander

I remember the first time I watched TOS. I think that's why I love the movie so much. It brings back that magic and wonder of a being a Trekkie as a kid.
That's exactly how I felt exiting the theater. The four times

How I envy you, Jux, to discover all this!
I think it's wonderful that STXI is going to bring new people to the fandom. The fact that Jux seems to enjoy TOS as well is telling about the movie.
Old May 25 2009, 05:48 AM   #252
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Minuialeth wrote: View Post

I think it's wonderful that STXI is going to bring new people to the fandom. The fact that Jux seems to enjoy TOS as well is telling about the movie.
Indeed. I'm crazy about my TOS, and I still love this movie. It feels like an updated original series movie.

J.
Old May 26 2009, 07:44 AM   #253
jeremiah_jux
Ensign

Bobatiel wrote: View Post
Hey Jux, Welcome!

What is it about Star Trek that you like so much?

How many episodes have you watched so far?
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! The entertainment value of the movie is what drew me in at first. It just looked really fun to watch! I then looked into TOS and I just loved how awesome the stories are and how cool things look! I've just been zooming through the episodes!

I just finished watching "The Conscience of The King" so I guess I've seen 13.
Old May 26 2009, 07:48 AM   #254
jeremiah_jux
Ensign

Minuialeth wrote: View Post

Oh how I envy you for being able to watch the movie four times! I'm too broke to watch it again.
Old May 27 2009, 02:33 AM   #255
indranee
Vice Admiral

All you newbies should head on over to The Neutral Zone, too.
We're having a Trek discussion there also. The nice thing about it is that we're all equals and free to like or dislike the movie as we so desire. We treat each other politely and fairly, and we're always looking for open minded, thoughtful people willing to dig in and speak their minds with respect and determination. If you don't know how to get there, it's in your User CP and select TNZ. The discussion's getting fun!

J.
what I want to know is why are you dragging these good people outta this forum?! at this rate, we won't have anyone left!
indranee is offline   Reply With Quote