Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 15 2009, 10:04 PM   #31
SummerDream
Lieutenant

Re: Fri, 8pm Join the Resistance - Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles

Tim M wrote: View Post
SummerDream wrote: View Post
Thomas Dekker (John Connor) on YouTube (for real, uploaded 2 hours ago)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7B2IYR-HCo
from
http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/thread...g+to+save+TSCC
"Even Thomas Dekker is trying to save his Job, and the show by calling Fox."
:tech man:
Hehe. Dekker is a real goofball.
Lots of fans worried about his smoking habit in the comments.
Three hours left to wait for the wiki worldwide mapmeet.
SummerDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2009, 10:45 PM   #32
payndz201
Commodore

Have to admit, the fact that I've become very invested in T:SCC (even with the tedious 'Sarah triptych' arc) has actually made me less interested in Terminator: Salvation, since the two timelines were already apparently unrelated, and the final episode of T:SCC season 2 ripped them apart entirely. I'm more interested in finding out what happens with teen John/Cameron/alt-Derek/Alison/Weaver/John Henry than SHOUTY INTENSE adult John.
payndz201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2009, 10:51 PM   #33
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

I dont find myself interested in the new terminator movie at all. I want the show back.
Old May 15 2009, 11:06 PM   #34
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

payndz201 wrote: View Post
I'm more interested in finding out what happens with teen John/Cameron/alt-Derek/Alison/Weaver/John Henry than SHOUTY INTENSE adult John.
Funny cause it affects me 180degrees opposite.
I keep expecting TV John to be "saved by the bell" and end up at the Peach Pit fighting over Donna and Kelly.

Give me badass military intense John that I'm being shown in Salvation.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 12:59 AM   #35
DarkHorse
Commander

I'm there now.

Count is just under 200.

Where is everyone?
Old May 16 2009, 02:18 PM   #36
SummerDream
Lieutenant

DarkHorse wrote: View Post
I'm there now.

Count is just under 200.

Where is everyone?
Alas, it seems it was not nerds who put the map there. So it only counted those who were there exactly at the time. Meaning if you was there for 10 seconds and then went elsewhere, you only showed in the stat for 10 seconds. They probably should have asked for others' advice before doing that. Am sorry to have put the link here.
Possibly they figure out how to ask for the real statistics from the site. The map did not show me at all, at least.
Old May 16 2009, 11:34 PM   #37
Tim
Vice Admiral

The counter peaked out at around 600, but it would be good to see how many unique user log-ons there were during the period.
Old May 18 2009, 06:19 AM   #38
SummerDream
Lieutenant

Tim M wrote: View Post
The counter peaked out at around 600, but it would be good to see how many unique user log-ons there were during the period.
http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/page/U...nor+Chronicles

They have the statistics now. I guess they should have advertised more. Probably not many from outside the wiki came. I for example have been a fan of the series for some time now but only found the wiki last month after the rumors of the show being possibly cancelled started to come. I do hope they were advertising only or rumors started by competing series' people and today they announce the show will come back.

Even with telling in forums like imdb and tv.com forums (I dont know which are the big forums, but imdb registration seemed too hard for me, did not bother with using a phone, as that would have meant I would have had to lift my behind from the table and fetch the phone and tv.com did not send the link to register when I tried those two, then gave up so only told here about it, yet here the fans probably knew already) there might have been a couple hundred more and even more by telling computer-specific sites (as there are lots of nerds usually in those.)

http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/page/U...nor+Chronicles
In attendance--Fans from every populated continent on the globe, filling more than 10 chatRooms in the biggest fan chat ever!
THANK YOU FANS FOR JOINING IN THIS WORLDWIDE EVENT!
EVENT FACTS:
MAXIMUM CONCURRENT ONLINE ATTENDANCE: 611
UNIQUE VISITORS, DAY OF EVENT: 3,456
GUESTBOOK SIGNATURES: 180 within first 15 minutes
Old May 27 2009, 07:35 PM   #39
Kermett
Ensign

I just netflixed the season 1:disc 1 of the series and I am extremely impressed by the quality and special effects.

After watching terminator 4, they should have no problems to start introducing the original T-1,000.

I can't understand why the series is even being considered to be cancelled when T4 is a success.
Kermett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 08:01 PM   #40
nx1701g
Admiral

^ It's not being considered for cancellation, it is cancelled.
Old May 27 2009, 08:52 PM   #41
SummerDream
Lieutenant

But it will be back!
Only Fox cancelled it. Fox is only one part of it since Fox did not own the rights.
The franchise did not disappear. The actors did not disappear. The writers did not disappear.
In the podcast, Brian told, that almost 70 countries had tscc as number one.
That is more than enough. About 16 minutes in skynext_bag.

Last edited by SummerDream; May 27 2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old May 27 2009, 10:09 PM   #42
nx1701g
Admiral

It's over. The creator of the show and the writers are already moving on to other projects as are the cast. Friedman - who controls the show as its Executive Producer - has said they were only going to go to Fox and since Fox said no the show is over. I'm glad you liked the show so much, I really am, but now its just getting a bit sad. Terminator is terminated. The show is over and its not coming back.
Old May 27 2009, 11:07 PM   #43
SummerDream
Lieutenant

nx1701g wrote: View Post
It's over. The creator of the show and the writers are already moving on to other projects as are the cast. Friedman - who controls the show as its Executive Producer - has said they were only going to go to Fox and since Fox said no the show is over. I'm glad you liked the show so much, I really am, but now its just getting a bit sad. Terminator is terminated. The show is over and its not coming back.
You are being quite silly now. The decision if the show continued or not was not his. He had no say in the matter.
The rights holders and Fox were the negotiating parties. Josh Friedman was there to make it happen. Now the rights holders still are there, Fox isn't. This simply means the show is now looking for a new home.
Old May 27 2009, 11:12 PM   #44
nx1701g
Admiral

You are being quite silly now. The decision if the show continued or not was not his. He had no say in the matter.
The rights holders and Fox were the negotiating parties. Josh Friedman was there to make it happen. Now the rights holders still are there, Fox isn't. This simply means the show is now looking for a new home.
You calling me silly? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Friedman is in a better position to know what was going on than you are or anyone involved with your little quest to getting the show renewed. He has said more than once that Fox was their only choice because they were the only ones that could afford to make the show. Terminator is a very expensive show to make and produce, other channels can't afford it. The sooner that you come to realize this the better off you're going to be.

Move on.
Old May 28 2009, 01:02 AM   #45
SummerDream
Lieutenant

You calling me silly? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Friedman is in a better position to know what was going on than you are or anyone involved with your little quest to getting the show renewed. He has said more than once that Fox was their only choice because they were the only ones that could afford to make the show. Terminator is a very expensive show to make and produce, other channels can't afford it. The sooner that you come to realize this the better off you're going to be.

Move on.
You continue to be silly. If Friedman's name is so important to you, he called the show average in terms of cost. So everyone can afford it.
When and where did he say only Fox could afford it? Of course, as long as Fox was his employer he would not say anything to discredit them - or even now, it being his ex-employer. But by leaving the show in a cliffhanger, he made it obvious to every single viewer he would like it to continue.

But as for the continuation of the series, the decision is not Friedman's and the rights are not owned by him.