Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 14 2009, 02:22 PM   #31
erebus
Commander

Re: What Star Trek toys did you grow up playing with?

I had a tos enterprise alarm clock with voice and sound effects samples. I must admit i liked to set the alarm off just for the heck of it.
erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2009, 03:33 AM   #32
David49
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was born in 1959 so I remember watching the originial (in color) but did not get into it until teen years. I built the original Starship Enterprise plastic model. I loved the hand phaser so much that I made a crude one out of wood. I still have it today.
David49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2009, 05:22 AM   #33
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

A bunch of Playmates TNG stuff.

I had action figures of basically all the main cast, the awesome action-figure sized Type 6 shuttle (And I had a TNG: TM at the time and knew what a Type 6 was! Bless you, Sternbach!) and bridge. I had the Enterprise that had lights and sound, which was activated by 4 buttons on the back of the saucer or the neck or something. I also had the obligatory phaser-tricorder-commbadge 1-2-3 punch.

This is a bit speak-of-the devil because today I caved to my inner child and got the ST: XI communicator, phaser and tricroder.
Old May 15 2009, 08:45 PM   #34
USS Kongo
Fleet Captain

View USS Kongo's Twitter Profile

When I was a kid in the 70s, I played with my Mego Star Trek action figures, and the Enterprise bridge playset.

I built the AMT model kits of the Trek ships, and would play with them, along with the figures, as a way of seeing the action play out in "exterior shots." I'd play with the ships, then "cut to" the interior of the ship by playing with the figures.

I'd spend hours creating my own episodes of Star Trek. Those were the days....

Sean
USS Kongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2009, 09:00 PM   #35
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

Anybody have the walkie talkies that were dressed up as communicators? There was also a communications console I had that could talk to the communicators and send them messages in morse code.
ToddPence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2009, 09:11 PM   #36
DGCatAniSiri
Captain

I had the phaser and tricorder toys that I'd use when I played Star Trek with the kids up the street (we would often make stories that bore no resemblance to the serieses themselves, but it was FUN, so that was all that counted), and I still have most of the Playmates figures I got in a pillowcase in my closet (since they're fairly used, I considered it the best way to hold on to them.). I think my dog chewed up and destroyed my Neelix figure. (Insert joke here) The Bridge set I got has seen better days, though - I think I can only locate the main stand and a few pieces of the walls at this point. And the transporter set was apparently placed downstairs by my family (why I don't know) and then when the bulbs were all burnt out, I tried to replace them myself, which pretty much did it in.

I also remember getting that big Micro Machines set with a whole bunch of the different ships, and my third grade teacher offering to fix one of the nacelles that had broken off of the original Enterprise and never getting it back.

Oh, and there was also the 'All Good Things...' Enterprise that would shift between the traditional Enterprise-D and the anti-time future version. Loved that thing.
DGCatAniSiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 12:21 AM   #37
Praetor
Vice Admiral

USS Kongo wrote: View Post
When I was a kid in the 70s, I played with my Mego Star Trek action figures, and the Enterprise bridge playset.

I built the AMT model kits of the Trek ships, and would play with them, along with the figures, as a way of seeing the action play out in "exterior shots." I'd play with the ships, then "cut to" the interior of the ship by playing with the figures.

I'd spend hours creating my own episodes of Star Trek. Those were the days....

Sean
I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one to "play" that way. (Though I was 20 years later. )
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 12:52 AM   #38
miraclefan
Commodore

WOW am I the only one here who had the OLD Galoob ST TNG figuers? I loved those especialy since that was the only series thet had a ''beard-less'' Riker!

THEY WERE THE JUDGES!
miraclefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2009, 02:19 AM   #39
Dayton Ward
Word Pusher

View Dayton Ward's Twitter Profile

Born in '67, so I had a bunch of the 70s Trek toys as a kid. Built the AMT Enterprise, Klingon Cruiser, Shuttlecraft, Spock shooting the serpents, and the Exploration Set. Played with the Mego bridges and figures. Nearly shot my eye out with one of those tracer guns/"phasers."

Only one of my Mego communicator/walkie-talkies survived, and I have it in a box somewhere.

"tlhingAn HoL, Mother F*cker! Do you speak it?!"
Dayton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 09:23 AM   #40
Tom Riley
Commodore

View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley

Oh damn, I think I've just found my favorite thread lol.

I was born in '89 so I didn't really start to understand and get really into Star Trek till the TNG re-runs in the late '90s. However, my parents were both trekkies so they watched TNG and decided they would get me Star Trek toys. I had about 12 of the Playmates 4.5" TNG action figures. I had the transporter that went with them, and a shuttlecraft set for them as well. I also had the Playmates battle damaged Enterprise D with the two hull pieces that "exploded" off the top of the saucer section. It always bothered me that the top of the ship had all those phaser burns but the underside was untouched... I had the Playmates Innerspace tricorder, phaser, borg-compound-hidden-inside-a-borg-face, and a klingon-temple-thing-hidden-inside-a-klingon-face... (lol). I also had the Playmates Strike Force Enterprise-D, it was a little ship, maybe 6 or 7 inches long. The saucer module detached and the saucer opened up, right along the dorsal phaser array, to reveal what looked like the helm from the bridge surrounded by random computer interfaces on all sides. I had the Playmates science tricorder as well, along with the Voyager style commbadge, and a type II phaser.

That was all I had as a child, however, recently I've taken to being tons of Star Trek stuff, and I now have around 100 of the Playmates 4.5" action figures, the Art Asylum figures of Geordi, Deanna Troi in her lavender outfit, and Locutus, tons of the micromachines ships, all of the Furuta line of starships, a set of the Konami ships, a few of the Johnny Lightning ships, the Art Asylum Enterprise-E from Nemesis, a regular un-phaser burned Playmates Enterprise-D, the Playmates bridge and engineering playsets for TNG, a bridge playset(sort-of) for TOS, and the Mega Blocks Enterprise-D, along with 50 custom made LEGO First Contact era Starfleet officers of various rank, a LEGO EMH, a Mega Blocks Captain Picard, and a LEGO Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Plus I pre-ordered the new Art Asylum Enterprise-D that is set to ship later this month...

And... I actually manage to use most of these in my spare time...

My main thing is the 4.5" Plamates action figures though... I'm making it my business to get one of every single one out there if possible... I've looked up so much about them lol, I really think I might know all there is to know about the 4.5" Playmates figures...
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 10:12 AM   #41
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

I had the original Mego figures of Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty.

Toy TOS phaser and communicator

The Mego TMP figures.

The ERTL TVH Kirk and Spock figures

The Galoob TNG figures

The Playmates TOS, TNG, DS9 & VOY crew, assorted alien figures, and ships.

Playmates TOS communicator, tricorder, & phaser and the the TNG phaser and tricorder.

Various MicroMachines
Old June 4 2009, 10:51 AM   #42
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Aneas wrote: View Post
Oh damn, I think I've just found my favorite thread lol.

I was born in '89 so I didn't really start to understand and get really into Star Trek till the TNG re-runs in the late '90s. However, my parents were both trekkies so they watched TNG and decided they would get me Star Trek toys. I had about 12 of the Playmates 4.5" TNG action figures. I had the transporter that went with them, and a shuttlecraft set for them as well. I also had the Playmates battle damaged Enterprise D with the two hull pieces that "exploded" off the top of the saucer section. It always bothered me that the top of the ship had all those phaser burns but the underside was untouched... I had the Playmates Innerspace tricorder, phaser, borg-compound-hidden-inside-a-borg-face, and a klingon-temple-thing-hidden-inside-a-klingon-face... (lol). I also had the Playmates Strike Force Enterprise-D, it was a little ship, maybe 6 or 7 inches long. The saucer module detached and the saucer opened up, right along the dorsal phaser array, to reveal what looked like the helm from the bridge surrounded by random computer interfaces on all sides. I had the Playmates science tricorder as well, along with the Voyager style commbadge, and a type II phaser.

That was all I had as a child, however, recently I've taken to being tons of Star Trek stuff, and I now have around 100 of the Playmates 4.5" action figures, the Art Asylum figures of Geordi, Deanna Troi in her lavender outfit, and Locutus, tons of the micromachines ships, all of the Furuta line of starships, a set of the Konami ships, a few of the Johnny Lightning ships, the Art Asylum Enterprise-E from Nemesis, a regular un-phaser burned Playmates Enterprise-D, the Playmates bridge and engineering playsets for TNG, a bridge playset(sort-of) for TOS, and the Mega Blocks Enterprise-D, along with 50 custom made LEGO First Contact era Starfleet officers of various rank, a LEGO EMH, a Mega Blocks Captain Picard, and a LEGO Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Plus I pre-ordered the new Art Asylum Enterprise-D that is set to ship later this month...

And... I actually manage to use most of these in my spare time...

My main thing is the 4.5" Plamates action figures though... I'm making it my business to get one of every single one out there if possible... I've looked up so much about them lol, I really think I might know all there is to know about the 4.5" Playmates figures...
Sounds like you raided my childhood toy cabinets... albeit about four years later.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 11:06 AM   #43
BigC
Lieutenant Commander

I built models and read books mostly. But I did make phasers and communicators out of bars of my Mom's soap. I was a baaaaaaad kid.
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 04:38 PM   #44
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

How exactly did that work out? Heh.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 07:30 PM   #45
Middle Earther
Commodore

View Middle Earther's Twitter Profile

I was born in '65, so I had that transporter playset that the OP mentions. You spun the doll around and it looked like it disappeared. I had the large dolls of Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Uhura, the Gorn and a Klingon. I may have had other aliens, but I don't remember quite. I bought all the models that I could - I was a model nut. At one point I had all the original James Blish novelizations of the TV show. I still have some of the micromachines, which I got later in life. I wasn't quick enough to get them all.