RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,581
Posts: 5,403,300
Members: 24,866
Currently online: 516
Newest member: Griznuq

TrekToday headlines

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

View Poll Results: Khan in the sequel?
YES 16 13.91%
NO 99 86.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 12 2009, 04:05 AM   #31
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral
 
Jar Jar Binks's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

T'Paul wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Please, it's "Khan," not "Kahn."

You know, as in Genghis Khan, Kublai Khan . . . .
Maybe things are different in this timeline.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but the timelines only diverge in 2233. Everything that happened before then happened in both realities.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:08 AM   #32
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain
 
Captain Fine's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, ON
View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

Honestly I'd rather have a completely canon-unrelated movie. Do we really need to retread old ideas? The new timeline/universe whatever gives us soooo many possibilites. No shoehorning please.
Captain Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:10 AM   #33
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

If they do Khan, they better get Javier Bardem. He'd be perfect.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:12 AM   #34
T'Paul
Commander
 
Location: Parents' basement
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

Skywalker wrote: View Post
T'Paul wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Please, it's "Khan," not "Kahn."

You know, as in Genghis Khan, Kublai Khan . . . .
Maybe things are different in this timeline.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but the timelines only diverge in 2233. Everything that happened before then happened in both realities.
Did the whale people, Borg, and NASA probe happen in the new reality?
T'Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:13 AM   #35
alicelouise
Commander
 
alicelouise's Avatar
 
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

Javier Bardem? Only in our dreams. I'm sure there are some fine Bollywood actors who would do well.
alicelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:15 AM   #36
Ovation
Vice Admiral
 
Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

T'Paul wrote: View Post
Captain_Rogers wrote: View Post
I disagree.

I want to see something completely different and new, I don't want retreads of religious canon.

I would much prefer to see something where going in I have absolutely no clue about anyone. I want it all to be a surprise and new.

A new alien species maybe, anything but that which has already been.
How could a new alien species show up without time travel. The area of space within the Federation's range in the movie time period has already been well explored by the TNG era.
Try to follow along now. IT'S. A. DIFFERENT. TIMELINE. The possibilities are endless. Moreover, even if we were to adopt your narrow vision, not every single species has appeared onscreen. There are numerous "first contact" possibilities with a wide range of species that go on to join the Federation (or not). The current movie even provides a pre-text. With the loss of Vulcan, the Federation may well step up its exploration in search of potential allies.
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:16 AM   #37
alicelouise
Commander
 
alicelouise's Avatar
 
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

"Space Seed" and "The Wrath of Khan were so good, Since, we have a different timeline, things can be different as well.
alicelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:17 AM   #38
Ovation
Vice Admiral
 
Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

T'Paul wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
T'Paul wrote: View Post
Maybe things are different in this timeline.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but the timelines only diverge in 2233. Everything that happened before then happened in both realities.
Did the whale people, Borg, and NASA probe happen in the new reality?
We DON'T KNOW. That's the beauty of the new, alternative timeline. Nothing is pre-ordained and we are free to explore new situations.
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:34 AM   #39
Garibaldi O'brien
Rear Admiral
 
Garibaldi O'brien's Avatar
 
Location: FL, USA
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

I have been reading other JJ sequel properties and one of the ideas been tossed out is Shatner as the villain in the next one.

That could work.
Garibaldi O'brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:57 AM   #40
Acheron
Ensign
 
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

No! The Khan plot should not be repeated, that would just be more lazy storytelling. JJ Abrams can tell any story with this kind of budget, go do something original for goodness sake!
__________________
"You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was! How important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you?"
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 05:15 AM   #41
Campe98
Commodore
 
Campe98's Avatar
 
Location: Tennessee
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

The last thing I want to see is Khan. In all honesty, Khan could take the new franchise in a very, VERY dark direction. Star Trek is about hope and while I'm not necessarily sure it would take it down that path, the "Supreme Court" would need to walk a very fine line to risk making it campy a la "Space Seed" vs. making it TOO dark.

Besides, I'd like to see them go in some new directions and do something different now that they've got the origin story out of the way.
__________________
"Living is easy with eyes closed."
John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever
Campe98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 05:18 AM   #42
Thrall
Commodore
 
Thrall's Avatar
 
Location: A Quesada Free Zone.
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

Khan would be cool. But you just know they'll bring in The Borg at some point.
__________________
"Spider-Man doesn't have fans. He has people who follow him. Like Jesus. Now I have fans! People who adore and worship every little thing I do or say. Like David Koresh. Or The Jonas Brothers."
Thrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 05:28 AM   #43
Garibaldi O'brien
Rear Admiral
 
Garibaldi O'brien's Avatar
 
Location: FL, USA
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

Acheron wrote: View Post
No! The Khan plot should not be repeated, that would just be more lazy storytelling. JJ Abrams can tell any story with this kind of budget, go do something original for goodness sake!
We should also remember the cloning the Khan plot gave us Nemesis. It's like this movie erased it from the timeline... ;p
Garibaldi O'brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 06:13 AM   #44
T'Paul
Commander
 
Location: Parents' basement
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

Ovation wrote: View Post
T'Paul wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
Not sure if you're joking or not, but the timelines only diverge in 2233. Everything that happened before then happened in both realities.
Did the whale people, Borg, and NASA probe happen in the new reality?
We DON'T KNOW. That's the beauty of the new, alternative timeline. Nothing is pre-ordained and we are free to explore new situations.
But if they didn't happen, why are they in the original timeline but not in this divergent timeline?
T'Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 11:04 AM   #45
Brutal Strudel
Rear Admiral
 
Brutal Strudel's Avatar
 
Location: Here, frozen between time and place, not even the brightest lights escape...
Re: My argument for a Kahn sequel...

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Please, it's "Khan," not "Kahn."

You know, as in Genghis Khan, Kublai Khan . . . .
...Madeline Khan, James Khan, the Khan-Khan Dancers of Le Moulin Rouge.
__________________
Once every lifetime, we're swallowed by the whale.
Brutal Strudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
khan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.