The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old May 12 2009, 03:49 AM   #751
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: "That's Me!" Avatar Week? (Silly idea inside.)

Thor Damar wrote: View Post
I've changed mine for the next few days. And as you can see my face is now as red as a Bolshevik on Mayday!
I like it, my good Cardassian.

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
← Well, I changed mine again, too.
I'm liking this one, too.

I really really really hope we can do this again at some point in the future. Maybe in a year or so. Let's make it a tradition, okay?
I'm game for that.

It's a pleasure to finally have seen all your faces. It really feels like I know most of you better now. And I hope some of you feel the same about it. It has been a strange experience showing my face to everyone. But at the same time it was funny, too.
I feel that way, too, about everyone. It's certainly been a fun journey.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 03:53 AM   #752
M
Vice Admiral

trekkiedane wrote: View Post
Count Zero wrote: View Post
Ooh, I like your new picture, NCC1701.
I think it's kinda funny how you sound a lot nicer than you look, NCC1701!

Not that you don't look nice! (actually you're quite hot!) but you sound real friendly-like but look like the kind of guy that would make most people change sidewalks if they saw you coming towards them
I guess it's just the eyeliner I wore for this shooting. I also kinda try to look badass in most images. I don't think I look very manly, so I want to make up for it with an earnest stare at least. Believe me, in reality I don't look intimidating at all. Rather confiding and needy actually. Plus, I can't say I ever noticed people changing sidewalks when they catch sight of me.

But ... thanks for the compliment. You're certainly one of the nicest guys around here, too.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 03:57 AM   #753
M
Vice Admiral

Praetor wrote: View Post
I'm liking this one, too.
Thanks. But I think I finally ran out of nice pictures of myself.

Praetor wrote: View Post
I'm game for that.
Cool!
Old May 12 2009, 03:59 AM   #754
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

But I will probably go back to my regular animated (and anonymous) avatars by tomorrow. This has truly been a fun week. I'm so glad everything worked out the way it did. I really really really hope we can do this again at some point in the future. Maybe in a year or so. Let's make it a tradition, okay?

Once again I want to thank everyone who participated. It's a pleasure to finally have seen all your faces. It really feels like I know most of you better now. And I hope some of you feel the same about it. It has been a strange experience showing my face to everyone. But at the same time it was funny, too.
Got to be honest with you. I saw the picture and the first thing through my head was "Six..six six! The number of the beast! Hell and fire was spawned to be released! YEAH!"

I like it though!

If I ever get my rock band together, you're invited to join!

J.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:05 AM   #755
M
Vice Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Got to be honest with you. I saw the picture and the first thing through my head was "Six..six six! The number of the beast! Hell and fire was spawned to be released! YEAH!"
Which is one of the two songs I know by Iron Maiden. The other is Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter. But I can see why I remind you of that. And I can live with it. I am a rocker, after all. (Well, at least I try to be.)

I like it though!
Thank you!
Old May 12 2009, 04:13 AM   #756
freakishdane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to freakishdane

But ... thanks for the compliment. You're certainly one of the nicest guys around here, too.
You're welcome -and- dang, there goes my rep!
Old May 12 2009, 04:25 AM   #757
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

Which is one of the two songs I know by Iron Maiden. The other is Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter. But I can see why I remind you of that. And I can live with it. I am a rocker, after all. (Well, at least I try to be.)

I like it though!
Thank you!
You're welcome, my good sir.
At heart, I am a rocker also. I just hide it really well under layers of niceness. Niceness and polyester.

J.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:32 AM   #758
Daneel
Rear Admiral

I like it -- you look kind of intimidating, but artfully so. Definite metal rock material.

But I will probably go back to my regular animated (and anonymous) avatars by tomorrow. This has truly been a fun week. I'm so glad everything worked out the way it did. I really really really hope we can do this again at some point in the future. Maybe in a year or so. Let's make it a tradition, okay?
Sounds good to me! It truly has been a nice change, hasn't it? I feel so much closer to all of you (okay, someone stop me before I become really sappy).

I'll probably go back to some cartoon character or muppet or whatever within the next day or so as well, but before that happens, I've decided to use one last pic. As a way of saying to this whole thread, my last avatar is one of me boozing it up -- this was taken last year, when I was out enjoying the nightlife in Leeds, England with my sister (whom I have cropped out of the picture, because a Trek board is probably one of the last places she'd want her photo posted ).

I look forward to the next time we do this.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 04:56 AM   #759
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

It has been a fun week. Smashing idea! I'm deciding if I want to go back to my Gore-zilla Av or find something new.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 05:32 AM   #760
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

trekkiedane wrote: View Post
Count Zero wrote: View Post
Ooh, I like your new picture, NCC1701.
I think it's kinda funny how you sound a lot nicer than you look, NCC1701!

Not that you don't look nice! (actually you're quite hot!) but you sound real friendly-like but look like the kind of guy that would make most people change sidewalks if they saw you coming towards them
I guess it's just the eyeliner I wore for this shooting. I also kinda try to look badass in most images. I don't think I look very manly, so I want to make up for it with an earnest stare at least. Believe me, in reality I don't look intimidating at all. Rather confiding and needy actually. Plus, I can't say I ever noticed people changing sidewalks when they catch sight of me.

I don't think you have anything to be worried about, with your looks.

(BTW...I think I'll go back to my Tekeny Ghemor avatar in a few days, but it's been fun letting you see me as I would be if I were actually able to get hold of the right facial makeup. )
Old May 12 2009, 06:10 AM   #761
DaveyNY
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY Send a message via Yahoo to DaveyNY

Heyyy.....

My WEEK is jest startin'....

Can't end it now...

Stick around for the rest of US..., slow-on-the-uptake, Folks...

HI YA FLUKIE...

I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 06:38 AM   #762
JimCasy
Captain

I'm too lazy to find another avatar right now, so I'll probably leave it like this for a while. Though I really don't post much.
JimCasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 07:03 AM   #763
plague
Lieutenant

Well, I changed mine again, too.

I like this one better, so agree with everyone that said so. I think it's the eyeliner that does it for me.

I like how you rounded the edges too.
plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2009, 10:20 AM   #764
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

TJinLOCA wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
And to join the 15 meme: When I was 15, it was the Bicentennial. And I don't think they had even started talking about the Star Trek: Phase II that eventually became TMP.
Same here! 1961ers, unite!
And take over the world. They need us.
Old May 12 2009, 10:43 AM   #765
Goliath
Vice Admiral

Well, that was fun.

*Sheds human skin like an alien from V*