Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old May 6 2009, 10:31 PM   #391
bbally
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Hello I've joined today, I first got into Star Trek after watching an Arabic dub of the animated series back in Egypt.

As you know from my first post, I am a muslim and yes, I am aware of Gene Roddenberry's opinion on religion and quite frankly I don't care, I just disagree with his views on religion.
bbally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2009, 10:41 PM   #392
trekkiedane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane

Welcome bbally

bbally wrote: View Post
Hello I've joined today, I first got into Star Trek after watching an Arabic dub of the animated series back in Egypt.
I hope you've had opportunity to watch it in original too, 'cause Doohan does a lot of great voices in that!

May I ask; what made you register in this asylum?
As you know from my first post, I am a muslim and yes, I am aware of Gene Roddenberry's opinion on religion and quite frankly I don't care, I just disagree with his views on religion.
(Never saw your first post) That's cool, I too don't care about anyone's views on religion -frankly, this species is much too smart for that sort of thing.

-And if you took anything I said, besides welcome and the part about Doohan of course, serious you won't ever feel like you belong here
Old May 6 2009, 11:02 PM   #393
bbally
Lieutenant Junior Grade

trekkiedane wrote: View Post

I just felt like joining a Star Trek web community since I've been a fan of the franchise for quite a long time, I've seen TNG, I've seen the Wrath Of Khan, I also am a fan of the flash parody Stone Trek and am also a fan of Shatner (Denny Cran... I mean Captain James T. Kirk) and with the new movie coming, I've realized I've joined so many fan communities of shows/movies/comics/cartoon titles but not Star Trek (and I'm a member of a Doctor Who forum too) so I decided to join.

I hope I didn't get turn many people off with my thoughts on Roddenberry's opinions on religion.
bbally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2009, 11:21 PM   #394
trekkiedane
Admiral

I just felt like joining a Star Trek web community since I've been a fan of the franchise for quite a long time, I've seen TNG, I've seen the Wrath Of Khan, I also am a fan of the flash parody Stone Trek and am also a fan of Shatner (Denny Cran... I mean Captain James T. Kirk) and with the new movie coming, I've realized I've joined so many fan communities of shows/movies/comics/cartoon titles but not Star Trek (and I'm a member of a Doctor Who forum too) so I decided to join.

I hope I didn't get turn many people off with my thoughts on Roddenberry's opinions on religion.
Star Trek wrote:
Cop: What is your name?
Kid: James Tiberius Kirk.
indeed. (luv that part of the trailer!)

Nope, I think you're ok here - lots of faith based people around! (you did see the religion thread in Misc, right? (I've read your first post in the meantime you see)) -you'll fit right in!

Well, like I said: Welcome!

ETA: I better add this: don't let the current flow of weird avatars scare you away, it's only temporary and there is sort of an explanation somewhere in Misc.
Old May 8 2009, 10:22 PM   #395
SpocksBondmate
Ensign

Location: Massaging Spock's back and shoulders after a rough day.
Send a message via AIM to SpocksBondmate Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SpocksBondmate Send a message via Yahoo to SpocksBondmate

I'm SpocksBondmate, but you can call me Sarah. I've been a Trekkie for going on four years. My favorite series are TOS and TNG, and my favorite character has always been Spock. I got into Trek through my mom, when she showed me the fourth Trek film one night in 2005. I think that is enough to get you started; feel free to contact me!
SpocksBondmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2009, 10:27 PM   #396
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

SpocksBondmate wrote: View Post
I'm SpocksBondmate, but you can call me Sarah. I've been a Trekkie for going on four years. My favorite series are TOS and TNG, and my favorite character has always been Spock. I got into Trek through my mom, when she showed me the fourth Trek film one night in 2005. I think that is enough to get you started; feel free to contact me!

Welcome to you all. Now go have some fun being geeks.
Old May 8 2009, 10:35 PM   #397
trekkiedane
Admiral

You started by watching the cheesy comedy yet still somehow managed to become a trekkie! -I'm impressed!

Welcome SpocksBondmate!

So, why the long inactivity? -you joined MONTHS ago yet have only two posts!!!
Old May 9 2009, 12:55 AM   #398
SpocksBondmate
Ensign

Location: Massaging Spock's back and shoulders after a rough day.
Send a message via AIM to SpocksBondmate Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SpocksBondmate Send a message via Yahoo to SpocksBondmate

You started by watching the cheesy comedy yet still somehow managed to become a trekkie! -I'm impressed!

Welcome SpocksBondmate!

So, why the long inactivity? -you joined MONTHS ago yet have only two posts!!!
Honestly, I don't know. I would guess because I sometimes can't find my way into topics I like when I'm new somewhere. And also because I visit so many other forums that it's hard to keep track of where I post.
SpocksBondmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2009, 01:10 AM   #399
trekkiedane
Admiral

SpocksBondmate wrote: View Post
Honestly, I don't know. I would guess because I sometimes can't find my way into topics I like when I'm new somewhere. And also because I visit so many other forums that it's hard to keep track of where I post.
Other forums What are these other forums of which you speak?

Old May 9 2009, 07:10 AM   #400
Vitrikor
Cadet

Greetings one and all,

I go by the alias Vitrikor on this, and several other websites (odds are, if you see someone by that username, it's either me or some asshole impersonating me. xD). Old Norse portmanteau of the words for "truth/wisdom" and "leader/speaker", and I thought it just sounded cool. Anyways...

I'd consider myself an all-around geek; as far as fiction goes I'm a large fan of Star Trek (obviously), several anime series, Star Wars (-cringes a bit on this one-), Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the Ender's Game series, and several others that I can't recall at the moment but still love, all in no particular order. As far as non-fiction goes, I'm an avid fan of anything in the field of pioneer sciences (Stephen Hawking in particular is a wonderful writer and brilliant theoretician), and political theory as well.

As far as real life things go, I'm a 19 year old college student; going to be a junior in the fall, going for a double major in Political Theory and Asian Studies on a pre-law track. So I'm pretty busy during the school year; just taking 6 credits over the summer though at a local community college, so I'm fairly free over the summer at least.

Anyways, I'm new here.

Live long and prosper.
Vitrikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2009, 03:23 PM   #401
trekkiedane
Admiral

Vitrikor wrote: View Post
Anyways, I'm new here.

Live long and prosper.
Welcome Vitrikor!

Good luck.
Old May 10 2009, 05:07 AM   #402
Australis
Writer

Welcome, fellow travellers.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2009, 08:57 PM   #403
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

Hey, everyone. My name is Gabriel Ricard. I've been a fan for fifteen years or so and found this place when I was doing some reading on the movie. Sadly, I've never been to a Trek convention (I do staff several Anime conventions along the east coast, so it's vaguely possible that I've run into some of you), and I don't own any cool memorabilia.

I'm a writer, editor and stand-up comic (though I haven't done a show in ages and ages), and I suppose I'm glad to be here.

And since I'm rather wretched at introductions, I'm just going to shut up and head over to the bar.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2009, 09:02 PM   #404
trekkiedane
Admiral

Welcome barnaclelapse!

barnaclelapse wrote: View Post
I'm just going to shut up and head over to the bar.
I didn't even know the redshirt lounge still had a bar! -Yeah you go there, kick some farmboy ass!
Old May 10 2009, 09:04 PM   #405
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

Well, the downside to being a writer is that I have to be an embarrassing drunk for some or all of my career, or ninjas break into my house and steal my computer.

It's true. It's on Wikipedia and is mentioned in several chapter of The Bible. Look it up.

(Nods)
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote