IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 3 2009, 07:55 AM   #196
The Illusive Man
LeadHead's Cerberus Title

Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

I hope that's the product of some real good booze and not conscious thought. :P
Old May 3 2009, 07:57 AM   #197
Jaespol
Captain

Gates wrote: View Post
I saw some of the others on your website too....its beyond weird. Why the fascination with making Neelix half naked? Its just beyond my comprehension, kinda gives Star Trek fans a bad name that crazy stuff.
Jaespol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2009, 07:59 AM   #198
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

NickInABox wrote: View Post
OHH! Can someone put Björk in a Starfleet uniform?!
It's a bit quick and dirty, but here:

J.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2009, 08:13 AM   #199
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Jaespol wrote: View Post
I'll never understand the JC-ers, they're like a different species...
let's keep shipper comments out of this thread and stick with photoshop. No need to drag drama in with creative works. I'm sure there's a better thread to discuss J/C shipping. The fact that they're both there with a bed isn't all that big of a deal.
Old May 3 2009, 08:18 AM   #200
Gates
Lieutenant Commander

View Gates's Twitter Profile

I saw some of the others on your website too....its beyond weird. Why the fascination with making Neelix half naked? Its just beyond my comprehension, kinda gives Star Trek fans a bad name that crazy stuff.
A bad name? Really? That's news to me. I think it's called a sense of humor... apparently ours are different. Oh well, that's life.
Old May 3 2009, 08:22 AM   #201
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

A bad name? Really? That's news to me. I think it's called a sense of humor... apparently ours are different. Oh well, that's life.
Speaking of, I was zipping through your classic Hollywood fiddles, and WOW Kate Mulgrew has that classic look. I love the one where Chakotay's head is poking through cell bars and she's right there next to him. Nicely done!

J.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Old May 3 2009, 08:27 AM   #202
Gates
Lieutenant Commander

Thank you very much, J. Allen. The picture in question is originally from Bringing Up Baby, most if not all of the pics in that album were originally Katharine Hepburn, KM fits her well
Old May 3 2009, 08:30 AM   #203
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

And the one in KJ in black dress, by Gates, is absolutely stunning.

No matter what is the underlying tone of these pics, I think one reason why we do what we do is to see, if we can do it. There is no harm in that one, if you ask me.
Old May 3 2009, 08:42 AM   #204
Gates
Lieutenant Commander

Aww thanks, T. I know I do them for my own amusement.
Old May 3 2009, 08:46 AM   #205
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Thank you very much, J. Allen. The picture in question is originally from Bringing Up Baby, most if not all of the pics in that album were originally Katharine Hepburn, KM fits her well
Oh yes. She does remind me of a young Katherine Hepburn.
You know, I'm not a big fan of Voyager, but I love Kate Mulgrew. She's spectacular. (Okay, well I love the Doctor too ).

J.
Old May 3 2009, 11:12 AM   #206
ITHell
Vice Admiral

A wee Scotty mock-up:

Old May 3 2009, 03:19 PM   #207
NickInABox
Captain

View NickInABox's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to NickInABox Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NickInABox Send a message via Yahoo to NickInABox

I'm still trying to decide if Jaes was being sarcastic or not...
NickInABox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2009, 03:23 PM   #208
NickInABox
Captain

View NickInABox's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to NickInABox Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NickInABox Send a message via Yahoo to NickInABox

Also, I think I should start saving all of Tachyon's stuff. It's great. Good crossovery stuff.
NickInABox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2009, 04:18 PM   #209
The
Rear Admiral

View The's Twitter Profile

trampledamage wrote: View Post
The wrote: View Post
Just practicing. I'm still a newbie.
I love them! Especially the one with Peter Davison as Doctor Who in the group - the way they're all grouped together just works so well.
Thanks!! With Peter Davison's "Doctor" as part of THAT group, I was going for a "one-of-these-kids-is-doing-his-own-thing" vibe.

Like I said, I'm still learning the basics. A friend of mine told me the only way to learn Photoshop is to just practice, sooo, expect quite a few subpar pics from me as I "feel it out"...
The is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2009, 04:42 PM   #210
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

I'm sorry but I find it effin disturbing that someone would spend their time photoshopping two fictional characters in post coital positions

I assume you are familiar with the rorschach test.

Most pictures work the same way.

People's interpretations of pictures tend to tell more about the people making the interpretation than the the picture.
Abba Anthony [St. Anthony the Great] said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.' " -- Wisdom of the Desert Fathers
AJBryant is offline   Reply With Quote