Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode:
Excellent 1 3.03%
Good 13 39.39%
Average 11 33.33%
Bad 4 12.12%
Terrible 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 28 2009, 10:42 PM   #136
Procutus
Admiral

Re: Smallville 8x19 "Stiletto" - Discussion/Spoilers

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Rowan Sjet wrote: View Post
Hermiod wrote: View Post

Eh, I Disagree.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you Hermiod. I don't see that happening, which pretty much spells bad news for the cute little blond.

If she IS the one who gets killed, I at least hope they make her death somewhat meaningful, in context to the show.
Old April 29 2009, 12:14 AM   #137
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
^ I'm surprised he allowed them to put him on the cover in a shirt and tie.
It's probably the closest thing to the proper Red and Blue suit we'll get.
Old April 29 2009, 01:27 AM   #138
TGTheodore
Writer

Procutus wrote: View Post
If she IS the one who gets killed, I at least hope they make her death somewhat meaningful, in context to the show.
I hear it might be death by tar creature ...

--Ted
Old April 29 2009, 01:30 AM   #139
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Nah, a Terminator shoots her in the head as she turns a corner.
Old April 29 2009, 03:24 AM   #140
the Dagman
Commodore

People, it isn't Chloe that is the person who is technically a veteran who dies. It is guest star Kyle Gallner aka Bart Allen. His dying will be why Cosmic Boy/Rokk Krinn makes a return (although he likely won't come out and say it), just as the Legion was in the present when Bart Allen died in Flash, Fastest Man Alive #12. He is here to capture Bart's essence before it is lost in the Speed Force and to take it to the future with him. Bart will use his faster-than-Kryptonian speed somehow in a way that will enable the League to get rid of the threat of Doomsday at the cost of his own life.

Remember, Ausiello said it was in line with established DC comics mythos. And my scenario is taken directly from said mythos.

Also consider, we already have a speedster for the Justice League in Clark. Bart may be faster, but he is also redundant. Plus Kyle Gallner's movie career seems to be taking off. So they use his death as a way to illustrate the League's need for Clark, making him step up even more. Hopefully Ollie will make him a costume based off their established ones and Clark's colors, staying away from any tights which should be enough to please Welling.

This will hit Chloe doubly hard, giving her story arc the tragic end as advertised. As Watchtower, she has had much more contact with Bart than Clark has had. She likely considers the entire team as close friends. So her losing both Bart and Davis at the same time, on top of losing Jimmy, will leave her devastated in the finale and give her character lots of material to plumb next season.
Old April 29 2009, 03:52 AM   #141
Checkmate
Commodore

I've tried watching the last two episodes but get so damned bored I give up half-way through. Not sure why the show is doing it now as opposed to all the really stinker episodes in the past, but I just can't watch it anymore. Sucks.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2009, 10:30 AM   #142
Procutus
Admiral

the Dagman wrote: View Post
People, it isn't Chloe that is the person who is technically a veteran who dies. It is guest star Kyle Gallner aka Bart Allen. His dying will be why Cosmic Boy/Rokk Krinn makes a return (although he likely won't come out and say it), just as the Legion was in the present when Bart Allen died in Flash, Fastest Man Alive #12. He is here to capture Bart's essence before it is lost in the Speed Force and to take it to the future with him. Bart will use his faster-than-Kryptonian speed somehow in a way that will enable the League to get rid of the threat of Doomsday at the cost of his own life.

Remember, Ausiello said it was in line with established DC comics mythos. And my scenario is taken directly from said mythos.

Also consider, we already have a speedster for the Justice League in Clark. Bart may be faster, but he is also redundant. Plus Kyle Gallner's movie career seems to be taking off. So they use his death as a way to illustrate the League's need for Clark, making him step up even more. Hopefully Ollie will make him a costume based off their established ones and Clark's colors, staying away from any tights which should be enough to please Welling.

This will hit Chloe doubly hard, giving her story arc the tragic end as advertised. As Watchtower, she has had much more contact with Bart than Clark has had. She likely considers the entire team as close friends. So her losing both Bart and Davis at the same time, on top of losing Jimmy, will leave her devastated in the finale and give her character lots of material to plumb next season.

Dagman, you've just about got me convinced. Your theory/scenario is as sound as any I've heard and fits with what we've heard and/or know about the finale. You're right, this would leave Chloe an emotional wreck and give Allison some great material to work with next season.

I also like the part about this forcing Clark to step up to the plate as it were, and finally join the JL.

See you tomorrow night for the commentary.

Old April 29 2009, 03:29 PM   #143
nx1701g
Admiral

I have long suspected that Allison Mack will leave the series this season and, to be honest, won't be surprised when she leaves.

The Lana theory doesn't work because her green Kryptonite won't have any effect. She would be useless against Doomsday because he's adapted to that type of death, which could explain her getting killed.

I think - if not Chloe - it'll be Tess. Remember its only been implied that she's Mercy.

As I've said in the Terminator threads too: don't trust Ausiello. He's been wrong before.
Old April 29 2009, 11:10 PM   #144
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

I said I'd leave it alone, but just thought I'd let you know that I now believe Oliver to be safe. The other one I mentioned, I'm now 90% convinced will be the one to die.
Old April 30 2009, 05:27 AM   #145
TGTheodore
Writer

Allison Mack will slide more into a director's role if Chloe is killed off. She's only directed one episode and Smallville would be the perfect place for her to get some more experience before venturing outside the WB/CW cocoon.

To me Chloe has been the main character holding Clark back anyway.

--Ted
Old April 30 2009, 06:04 AM   #146
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

To me Chloe has been the main character holding Clark back anyway.
I think this season has shown that, even if this was true before, it's not any more. She's been actively encouraging a heroic secret identity quite a few episodes this season, and even in OOC episodes where she's telling him to cut down on the heroics and quit the Daily Planet to protect himself from Tess, Clark brushes off her arguement and tells her he's going to continue doing what he's doing. That doesn't sound like he's being held back.

Honestly, I roll my eyes every time someone accuses Chloe of slowing Clark's development, and not the actual writing team dragging out the story for years so they can keep a steady pay check.