Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: Which Starfleet uniform do you enjoy the most?
TOS TV Show Uniform 33 11.11%
TOS: TMP Uniform 15 5.05%
TOS Movies 2-6 Uniform 74 24.92%
Early TNG Uniform 1 0.34%
TNG Season 3-7 Uniform 23 7.74%
Early DS9/Generations Uniform 16 5.39%
Late DS9/First Contact-Nemesis Uniform 108 36.36%
ST: Enterprise Uniform 27 9.09%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 25 2009, 03:32 PM   #16
Michael Chris
Admiral

Re: What is your favorite Star Trek uniform?

At the moment ST:2-6. But they all kind of suck to be honest.
Old April 25 2009, 03:37 PM   #17
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce

sbk1234 wrote: View Post
Had they used black pants for the TMP uniforms, they may have actually gotten my vote. I think the colors of the uniforms had to be broken up more. That would have also eliminated all the comparisons to pajamas.

Here:http://www.tinypic.info/files/hregvzd3dbf9uwunp1jv.jpg

^Top row, second from left - TMP uniform, but with black & red coloring! I really like how it looks!

So yeah, a little *color* does wonders for that uniform!

(Odd about the coloring...'cause I was surprised at how well the animators got many/most of the Trek details - including a future Starfleet com-badge from TNG/Voy...I wonder if the coloring folks in Korea or India or burundi burundi or wherever they outsource it to was responsible for that...?)
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 03:50 PM   #18
Rulius
Fleet Captain

View Rulius's Twitter Profile

I've always loved the TWok-TuC movie uniforms, though I do see where they would be rather impractical. The jumper cadets and enlisted wore would probably be a better standard outfit.
Rulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 04:00 PM   #19
lceb
Commander

I voted the Enterprise uniform. It's not very pretty but it seems practical and realistic.
lceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 04:20 PM   #20
captcalhoun
Admiral

FC/INS/NEM version.

ENT ones a close second for having, y'know POCKETS

TOS a close third for sheer iconicness
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 05:27 PM   #21
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7

I voted First Contact version. It seems more logical that a military uniform look... you know... like a uniform more than a rainbow.

My one exception is TMP's Admiral Kirk wearing his grey/white uniform. With black pants it would have been perfect.
Old April 25 2009, 05:54 PM   #22
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce

You know...I've always wondered what those TWoK onward movie "band uniforms" would have looked like if they weren't just red...but red, gold, and blue, like the TOS ones...

Would they have looked to....garish...and silly? (The colors could have been muted, not technicolor or anything...)

^Though, that would have been a good time to implement the later TNG-ear change between who wore red or gold...I can't imagine Shatner looking so good in a gold version of the TWoK/TSFS/etc uniform for some reason...red just seems to suit him better in the films... *shrug* (Maybe that's because that's just what color I am *used* to seeing him wear in the films! Lol!)

I did read once - many years after first seeing the first three post TMP-movies - that the undershirts, jacket lining/backing & shoulder strap's of the TWoK red uniforms were supposed to be color-coded for department...but they didn't always follow that (and white seemed to be the default "dress" undershirt color) and I don't think most people noticed it even...(I sure didn't until it was pointed out to me!)
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 06:05 PM   #23
Lynx
Rear Admiral

I like the ones we saw in DS9 and Voyager, the black uniforms with red, gold or blue shoulders.

I also like the TNG uniforms.

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 06:11 PM   #24
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

I have a few favourite uniforms. For a long, long time, the TOS uniforms were Star Trek uniforms to me - so they are favourite. I also really, really like the FC/late DS9 uniforms. Everyone looks good in them. I also like Kirk's admiral cream and teal uniform from TMP. And I like the TWOK/movie unforms. I think, overall, though, it's the late DS9 uniforms. My least favourite are the Voyager jumpsuits followed by the season one TNG uniforms.

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 06:43 PM   #25
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

My favorite uniform of all Trek is Captain Kirk's wraparound from the first season, as seen in "The Enemy Within," "Charlie X," and "Court Martial." I even own a damn near close replica of it. Gotta change the braid to something a bit more accurate. Oh, and the ship's patch also needs to be changed out. Right now, it's the third-season more pointy emblem, not the rounded tip of the earlier seasons.

Okay, I'm a Trek uniform geek. There I admit it.

Then it's TOS in general.

Second, the TMP uniforms because of the variety they had.

Third, the first and second season TNG uniforms. I like the clean lines of Thesis design, although I would've gone with a more forgiving fabric. You have to be really fit to wear one of those puppies.

Finally, the utilitarian look of ENT. In fact, I loved the entire look of that series overall. The uniforms, the NX-01, and the sets.

But I gotta say, I'm loving the nuTrek uniforms.
Old April 25 2009, 07:33 PM   #26
Cali
Admiral

View Cali's Twitter Profile

The late-DS9/FC/Nemesis uniform is my favourite.

http://allinmykeyboard.wordpress.com/
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 07:37 PM   #27
Jaespol
Captain

Ugh, why do people love the TNG films uniforms? I thought they were boring because there was so little color on show. I preferred the season 3-7 TNG uniforms, I thought they looked great.
Jaespol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 07:38 PM   #28
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

As much as I liked the others, I still went for the Enterprise uniforms. They actually looked like space flight suits.

Zion Ravescene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 07:45 PM   #29
M
Vice Admiral

Thinking about it, I more or less like all of the uniforms we have seen throughout the various series and movies. But I have a soft spot for the classic TOS uniforms and DS9's later First Contact uniforms. I voted for the TOS ones since I can only vote for one.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2009, 10:46 PM   #30
DaleC76
Captain

bryce wrote: View Post
You know...I've always wondered what those TWoK onward movie "band uniforms" would have looked like if they weren't just red...but red, gold, and blue, like the TOS ones...

Would they have looked to....garish...and silly? (The colors could have been muted, not technicolor or anything...)

^Though, that would have been a good time to implement the later TNG-ear change between who wore red or gold...I can't imagine Shatner looking so good in a gold version of the TWoK/TSFS/etc uniform for some reason...red just seems to suit him better in the films... *shrug* (Maybe that's because that's just what color I am *used* to seeing him wear in the films! Lol!)

I did read once - many years after first seeing the first three post TMP-movies - that the undershirts, jacket lining/backing & shoulder strap's of the TWoK red uniforms were supposed to be color-coded for department...but they didn't always follow that (and white seemed to be the default "dress" undershirt color) and I don't think most people noticed it even...(I sure didn't until it was pointed out to me!)
http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=658