Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 11 44.00%
Good 11 44.00%
Average 2 8.00%
Bad 1 4.00%
Terrible 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 21 2009, 09:33 PM   #181
SlyCardie
Commander

Re: 24: Day 7: 2:00AM - 3:00AM. Discussion and Spoilers

spinnerlys wrote: View Post
Neroon wrote: View Post

Ali Larter from Heroes I think.
No, I 'm positive it's not her, though she has been in a commercial for a new movie coming out.

I think the actress in question is Amy Price-Francis. Be careful with that link, because towards the bottom is an indication as to how long she will be on the show.

Yip, you seem to be right. The first photograph of Amy Price-Francis reminded me of Ali Larter, and Ali Larter doesn't have anything in her IMDB record, that alludes to a role in 24.
i do wish 24 would do a better job controlling the spoilers. Between the "next week on 24," cast list at the beginning of the season and other info out there, I feel like most things are spoiled before I see them.
SlyCardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2009, 12:36 AM   #182
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

SlyCardie wrote: View Post

No, I 'm positive it's not her, though she has been in a commercial for a new movie coming out.

I think the actress in question is Amy Price-Francis. Be careful with that link, because towards the bottom is an indication as to how long she will be on the show.

Yip, you seem to be right. The first photograph of Amy Price-Francis reminded me of Ali Larter, and Ali Larter doesn't have anything in her IMDB record, that alludes to a role in 24.
i do wish 24 would do a better job controlling the spoilers. Between the "next week on 24," cast list at the beginning of the season and other info out there, I feel like most things are spoiled before I see them.
Much of this information is just a product of the industry with nothing to do with those who work on the show and more to do with the promotions people at Fox and SAG.

I do miss how twists, developmens and other things were drawn out over episodes like in the first couple seasons. Now turncoats and twists all happen in the same episode.
Old April 22 2009, 12:43 AM   #183
Harvey
Admiral

Finally saw it. Thought it was a pretty good episode. Still looking for Tony's motivation, though, and now that John Voight is out of the picture, the big bad(s).

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2009, 02:14 AM   #184
TGTheodore
Writer

I still think Tony is a double or triple agent (I've lost track). All the genuinely "bad" things he's had to do to "good" people, he looks very sorry about, but it's necessary to keep his cover. I think the last three years he actually INFILTRATED all these high-up bad guys and has had to do horrible things to maintain his cover.

--Ted
Old April 22 2009, 02:29 AM   #185
Rat Boy
Vice Admiral

Holy crap, Jack Bauer's a grandpa!
Rat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2009, 02:57 AM   #186
Harvey
Admiral

TGTheodore wrote: View Post
I still think Tony is a double or triple agent (I've lost track). All the genuinely "bad" things he's had to do to "good" people, he looks very sorry about, but it's necessary to keep his cover. I think the last three years he actually INFILTRATED all these high-up bad guys and has had to do horrible things to maintain his cover.
After watching Jack have a seizure in front of him at the end of this episode? I don't buy it. But all remains to be seen.

Old April 22 2009, 03:49 AM   #187
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Harvey wrote: View Post
After watching Jack have a seizure in front of him at the end of this episode? I don't buy it. But all remains to be seen.
I dunno, he could have left Jack to die but he got him some help.

I'm going with the double-gainer-triple-backflip-with-lemon-twist theory. I can see Tony being impulsive, getting mad at the gubmint and doing some bad things and then coming to his senses - his original backstory - but for him to be doing it all in such a calculated manner strikes me as wrong for the character.

Tony has decided that he's such damaged good that he can't rejoin society, so his final acts will be to take Jack's lone-wolf game and really go over the top with it. In the end, Tony knows his fate is prison or death (and it's clear to the audience it has to be the latter). Now that we know John Voight was merely a pawn in a larger game, it makes sense that Tony has gone off the reservation to expose the Even Bigger Fish in the pond.

I could even see this being a variant of what guys often do with guy friends - the almost unconscious game of one-upmanship. Jack shoots Ryan Chappelle? Tony is willing to take out a whole housing project of FBI agents for the greater good! Whether he admits it to himself or not, Tony is determined to finally beat Jack at his own Lone Wolf/Psycho/Self-Destructive Epic Martyr game.

Also, the Bad/Good/Bad/Good Tony theory will allow Jack to shoot Tony in the final episode (we know that's coming!) only after learning the truth and realizing that Tony is just an exaggerated version of himself. But he shoots him anyway - maybe that's the real reason why he does it? Double the angst! That's classic 24.

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; April 22 2009 at 04:00 AM.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2009, 03:50 AM   #188
Harvey
Admiral

^^
He only "got Jack some help" when some FBI agents walked over. He seemed pretty ready to watch Jack die until then.

Old April 22 2009, 04:03 AM   #189
Aragorn
Admiral

Tony knows he's Doomsday.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2009, 07:06 AM   #190
Sheep
Vice Admiral

If I'm not mistaken, Amy Price-Francis' name was actually in the opening credits of this episode. I deleted the episode, but it should be pretty easy to verify.

As for the episode itself, it was pretty unremarkable. Still not buying the Tony twist.

And dammit, I missed Agent Freckles' PSA and only saw the one with Tony at the end.
Old April 22 2009, 07:28 AM   #191
TGTheodore
Writer

Hmmmm .... I'd LOVE to see the reaction on this board if KIM shoots Tony to save Jack.

--Ted
Old April 22 2009, 05:12 PM   #192
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Hmmmm .... I'd LOVE to see the reaction on this board if KIM shoots Tony to save Jack.

--Ted
I think we'd rather Jack shoots Kim to save Tony. Or Tony shoots Kim to save Jack.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2009, 05:20 PM   #193
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Sheep wrote: View Post
And dammit, I missed Agent Freckles' PSA and only saw the one with Tony at the end.
So did I, but I suspect this is what they're talking about.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2009, 05:30 PM   #194
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I'm grasping at straws here, but I hope Tony does not die this season and is apprehended by a Jack Bauer unable to kill his old friend and comes back next year as the "bad guy we have to cut a deal with to get some intel on the current threat" guy and we get to see him redeem himself.
Old April 22 2009, 07:15 PM   #195
TGTheodore
Writer

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post

--Ted
I think we'd rather Jack shoots Kim to save Tony. Or Tony shoots Kim to save Jack.
TONY: Jack, are you sure you're cured?

JACK: Yeah.

TONY: Positively?

JACK: Yeah. Tony, what's this all about?

TONY raises his gun and blows away KIM at point blank range.

--Ted