The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 25 40.32%
Above Average 26 41.94%
Average 11 17.74%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 16 2009, 04:20 PM   #46
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

Re: Lost 5x13: "Some Like It Hoth"

Miles looked like Rufio from Hook too!

On another note, now that we know that Miles can't actually see the dead, does this mean, that scene with claire, miles and sawyer where Miles says "Are you sure about that?" to Claire. Does that mean, she's really not dead after all, just in some weird astral projection state possibly? I dunno.
Old April 16 2009, 04:22 PM   #47
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

ObiWanShinobi wrote: View Post
^not even in the mid to late 70s?
No, otherwise none of us "old farts" with fillings that pre-date the 70's could have MRI's ran today, but that's clearly not the case.
Old April 16 2009, 04:25 PM   #48
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Wow. Three excellents in a row. This show is in high gear now!
Ok, help me understand. What about it did you see as excellent?

I sincerely want to know, I'm not looking for a fight. I'm trying to understand what happened that I apparently missed that was so excellent.

Aside from a few moments with Hurley, and the part where they were putting the numbers on the hatch, I couldn't see that anything really happened. The guys in the van were mildly interesting because it was like "Ok who are they and who are THEY working for?" But other than that, I just don't see the attraction. Certainly not worthy of an excellent compared to last week's show.
1. Sawyer is about to be exposed.
2. Bram and the "what lies in the shadow of the statue"
3. Hurley/Miles
4. The fact that every person on the show has daddy issues now. That has to come into play in the finale, right?
5. The return of Daniel. I honestly thought he wasn't going to recognize Miles. That would have been trippy.
6. Characters finally interacting with Dr. Chang
7. Miles FINALLY gets some more flashback
8. What are they doing with bodies at The Orchid?

I just liked it. I like Lost no matter what, usually, though.
I guess I'm just fatigued with the show. None of that really wowed me. As I said, Hurley/Miles was entertaing but after that it was a big snoozefest for me, especially coming on the heels of last week's episode.

I'd kind of forgotten about the Sawyer thing. But again that was just simply setup as was Faraday's return at the end.

Supposedly the next episode is going to focus on Faraday so maybe it will be more enlightening/entertaining.
Old April 16 2009, 05:47 PM   #49
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Normally, I only give excellents to completely mind blowing episodes. This wasn't that, but it was one of the best character episodes in a long time (with interesting plot developments as well). I'm really excited about the Swan. Everything having to do with Miles this episode was awesome. And the Hurly/Miles conversation was very funny.

So, yeah, this episode earns an excellent.
Old April 16 2009, 06:05 PM   #50
Vic Sixx
Commodore

I liked it. I loved the Hurley/Miles routine. But something struck me as odd. Sawyer made reference to Miles' talking to the dead ability a week or so ago, but Hurley only now found out?

Next week is the clip show, two weeks until a new show.

It was nice to see Naomi however briefly.
Old April 16 2009, 06:13 PM   #51
Jaron
Captain

Vic Sixx wrote: View Post
But something struck me as odd. Sawyer made reference to Miles' talking to the dead ability a week or so ago, but Hurley only now found out?
Did Miles' sixth sense come up while they were unstuck in time? Even if it didn't, Sawyer and Miles have been together for three years; Hurley just arrived.
Old April 16 2009, 06:25 PM   #52
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Excellent. As "Whatever Happened, Happened" demonstrated, Miles + Hurley = Pure Gold.

However, I was mildly disappointed that the episode couldn't quite live up to its title. Which, by the way, is the best in TV history. I was aghast a month ago when there was scuttlebutt that it wouldn't stick. Glad they kept it.
Old April 16 2009, 08:25 PM   #53
Irvy
Commander

Just a random thought, but what if the Monster is "The Shadow of the Statue". What if this is a group who worship / deify the Monster?
Old April 16 2009, 08:47 PM   #54
Jenee
Dancing Goddess

EDIT TO ADD: I also wondered if the writers know that fillings in teeth are not made of magnetic metals.
Did they say the filling was pulled through his brain because of the magnetics? I just assumed it was an 'island' thing. like he was somewhere where he shouldn't have been.

Miles didn't pick him up from the swan.

Jaron wrote: View Post
Vic Sixx wrote: View Post
But something struck me as odd. Sawyer made reference to Miles' talking to the dead ability a week or so ago, but Hurley only now found out?
Did Miles' sixth sense come up while they were unstuck in time? Even if it didn't, Sawyer and Miles have been together for three years; Hurley just arrived.
When they were back in 1954, being marched at gunpoint back to the other's camp. Miles said he just walked over the grave of 3 soldiers. a conversation about his abilities ensued.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Old April 16 2009, 08:51 PM   #55
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Jenee wrote: View Post
EDIT TO ADD: I also wondered if the writers know that fillings in teeth are not made of magnetic metals.
Did they say the filling was pulled through his brain because of the magnetics? I just assumed it was an 'island' thing. like he was somewhere where he shouldn't have been.
No they didn't explicity say that, but I'm sure that's what we're going for since they have previously established the highly magnetic field around "the hatch" (I don't pay attention to the names of the stations).

But this is LOST afterall, with time travel, dead people walking around, and a smoke monster, so I guess non-magnetic materials being yanked out by a magnet is not that far-fetched relatively speaking.
Old April 16 2009, 08:55 PM   #56
Jenee
Dancing Goddess

That didn't even occur to me. Just thought he was somewhere where he wasn't supposed to be and the island took care of him.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Old April 16 2009, 09:10 PM   #57
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Well it could be, but that seems like a strange way for the island to kill him. But as I said, this is LOST, so anything is possible.
Old April 16 2009, 09:25 PM   #58
Mr Light
Admiral

I just randomly flipped to the rerun of Miles' introductory flashback scene in "Confirmed Dead" and the rules of ghostbusting seem to be completely contradictory from what they said in last night's episode. In this one, he goes up to the dead son's room and tells him to stop haunting his mom and to tell him where the money is. There is a thunk sound revealing the vent where the money is hidden. Then he leaves saying to move on and leave his mom alone. This suggests that the ghost IS intelligent and he DOES communicate with it, rather than just hear mindless memory echoes like he said in "Hoth".

Old April 16 2009, 09:30 PM   #59
Mr Light
Admiral

Maybe the worker was Russian and they used real metal teeth?

Old April 16 2009, 09:39 PM   #60
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I just randomly flipped to the rerun of Miles' introductory flashback scene in "Confirmed Dead" and the rules of ghostbusting seem to be completely contradictory from what they said in last night's episode. In this one, he goes up to the dead son's room and tells him to stop haunting his mom and to tell him where the money is. There is a thunk sound revealing the vent where the money is hidden. Then he leaves saying to move on and leave his mom alone. This suggests that the ghost IS intelligent and he DOES communicate with it, rather than just hear mindless memory echoes like he said in "Hoth".
maybe it can work both ways for him, he's still right that he doesn't actually see the person though, like hurley does

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us