Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old April 15 2009, 11:32 PM   #1
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Was Tuvok born on Vulcan?

I don't recall when (if ever) Tuvok's actual birthplace was ever stated. Was he born on Vulcan?

The reason I ask this is (WARNING: STAR TREK XI SPOILER AHEAD, I'M NOT KIDDING, DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO READ IT, MAJOR STAR TREK XI SPOILER IS APPROACHING):

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Was Tuvok born on Vulcan?

Sounds like an Enterprise script they kept recycling.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 11:39 PM   #3
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Well, according to Memory Alpha, which cites several episodes of Voyager, he was born on the Vulcanis Lunar Colony.

And I will NOT read your spoiler, I won't, I won't, I won't. Yet, anyway.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2009, 11:40 PM   #4
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

I'm sorry if anybody actually read my spoiler without wanting to. I thought if I revealed it was from Trek XI, it would be too obvious. I fixed it.

JustKate wrote: View Post
Well, according to Memory Alpha, which cites several episodes of Voyager, he was born on the Vulcanis Lunar Colony.
We don't know exactly where that is, do we? We do know that Vulcan has no moon of course. So it can't be in Vulcan orbit. If it were, my spoiler would apply.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old April 16 2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Dane_Whitman
Fleet Captain

Different universes.

- Bertrand Russell
Dane_Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 02:15 PM   #6
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

Gaah! I read that spoiler! Why Tachyon, WHY?!
Old April 16 2009, 02:39 PM   #7
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Because...it was there.

I have very little self-control now, so I shall leave this thread immediately.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 03:50 PM   #8
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Dane_Whitman wrote: View Post
Different universes.
Well, yeah, I know that. Obviously the existing universe/timeline won't be affected. I was strictly speaking of the new one.

Tachyon wrote: View Post
Gaah! I read that spoiler! Why Tachyon, WHY?!
Hey, don't come crying to me. I clearly labelled it as a spoiler. And I relabelled it as a Trek XI spoiler before you read it.

Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; April 16 2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old April 16 2009, 03:59 PM   #9
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy

I dunno how canon promos are, but in the Home Promo for Voyager's final season Tuvok states his "home" as "Vulcan".
Old April 16 2009, 04:30 PM   #10
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

Babaganoosh wrote: View Post
Hey, don't come crying to me. I clearly labelled it as a spoiler. And I relabelled it as a Trek XI spoiler before you read it.
But, but... Oh, in the name of Janeway - I'm a spoiler-whore with zero self-disclipine. When I see a spoiler button, me pushes it. I was programmed that way.

Old April 16 2009, 07:30 PM   #11
TMara
Commodore

I don't recall when (if ever) Tuvok's actual birthplace was ever stated. Was he born on Vulcan?

The reason I ask this is (WARNING: STAR TREK XI SPOILER AHEAD, I'M NOT KIDDING, DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO READ IT, MAJOR STAR TREK XI SPOILER IS APPROACHING):

That was the very first thing my friends and I thought about when we saw that movie on Tuesday night!!

I checked my notes on Tuvie-boy, though (http://www.timrusstribute.com/Voyager.htm), and I don't think there is a problem. He was indeed born on Vulcanis Lunar Colony at Stardate 38774, which, according to my calculations would be the year 2264. It could work out.
Old April 16 2009, 07:58 PM   #12
Praetor
Vice Admiral

We don't know exactly where that is, do we? We do know that Vulcan has no moon of course. So it can't be in Vulcan orbit. If it were, my spoiler would apply.
Why, it's the moon of neighboring sister planet Vulcanis of course. Ya know the one that Vulcanians come from.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 09:10 PM   #13
JB2005
Commodore

Old April 16 2009, 09:28 PM   #14
Crewman47
Commodore

TMara wrote: View Post

That was the very first thing my friends and I thought about when we saw that movie on Tuesday night!!

I checked my notes on Tuvie-boy, though (http://www.timrusstribute.com/Voyager.htm), and I don't think there is a problem. He was indeed born on Vulcanis Lunar Colony at Stardate 38774, which, according to my calculations would be the year 2264. It could work out.
The only problem there though is that the stardate is a TNG era stardate and 38774 would fall somewhere mid 2361. TOS stardates for 2264 would be hard to hazard an accurate guess becuase of the way TOS season 1 was aired but the dates went between 1312 and 3417.
Crewman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2009, 09:55 PM   #15
TMara
Commodore

Crewman47 wrote: View Post
TMara wrote: View Post

The only problem there though is that the stardate is a TNG era stardate and 38774 would fall somewhere mid 2361. TOS stardates for 2264 would be hard to hazard an accurate guess becuase of the way TOS season 1 was aired but the dates went between 1312 and 3417.
I know. But stardates have never made much sense to me anyway. And maybe there are different "stardate calendars" as well (like there are Islamic and Jewish and the Gregorian calendar on Earth right now) and Vulcanis Lunar Colony used a lesser used one to record birthdates (Vulcans probably have their own traditions...). ;-) I'm sure Tuvie is fine.