New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 25 40.32%
Above Average 26 41.94%
Average 11 17.74%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 16 2009, 03:11 AM   #16
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x13: "Some Like It Hoth"

3.5/4 Another enjoyable "Dharma Era" episode!

It's about time we finally learn what Miles' story is, 1.5 years after his introduction! And we get confirmation he's Chang's kid. Sweet. We ALSO see the construction of the Swan. I bet they stuck the worker's body in the Orchid teleporter and shot it to Tunisia to get rid of the evidence.

I enjoyed the Hurley and Miles pairing. They make a good comedic team.

Do they intentionally make Kate into the most annoying character ever? Hey Roger don't worry about your mysteriously abducted dying son I'm sure he's okay wink wink nudge nudge say no more no more!

The biggest shocker this evening: Widmore is NOT behind Illana and the "shadow of the statute" conspiracy. So that leaves A) Ben, B) Modern Day Dharma, C) unknown new party. Given that Ben knew the exact amount to offer Miles in early S4 it would seem that these people are with him. But that doesn't explain their post-crash actions against Ben or why Ben killed Cesar. Unless Cesar really was an innocent and not in on it? But why would Ben be mysteriously fleeing the survivors then? Could this be a collection of all the Natives exiled from the Island over the years that Ben is now offering a ticket back home just like he's getting?

FINALLY we see Faraday again. Yeesh. I was all excited about finally meeting the DeGroots. Hopefully in a Faraday flashback. And I would love to see Hanso too! So he's been working with the Dharma founders. My first thought was 'Faraday IS Gerald DeGroot!' but then I remembered he would have to have travelled to 1970 or sooner for that.

Old April 16 2009, 03:11 AM   #17
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Above Average

A good, light-hearted episode. It was nice to see Miles' backstory and finally confirm that Candle is Miles' dad.
Old April 16 2009, 03:13 AM   #18
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
My theory is that he told his mother everything, and that is how she knows the future.
That's a good theory.
Old April 16 2009, 03:16 AM   #19
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
The biggest shocker this evening: Widmore is NOT behind Illana and the "shadow of the statute" conspiracy. So that leaves A) Ben, B) Modern Day Dharma, C) unknown new party.
I thought about Modern Day Dharma as a possibility.
Old April 16 2009, 03:17 AM   #20
Jaron
Captain

The biggest shocker this evening: Widmore is NOT behind Illana and the "shadow of the statute" conspiracy. So that leaves A) Ben, B) Modern Day Dharma, C) unknown new party. Given that Ben knew the exact amount to offer Miles in early S4 it would seem that these people are with him. But that doesn't explain their post-crash actions against Ben or why Ben killed Cesar. Unless Cesar really was an innocent and not in on it? But why would Ben be mysteriously fleeing the survivors then? Could this be a collection of all the Natives exiled from the Island over the years that Ben is now offering a ticket back home just like he's getting?
Miles gave Ben the amount, and Ben replied "Why 3.2?" They might be working for Ben, but we can't really be sure.

As for Cesar, he could very well be the one passenger who actually thought he was going to Guam.
Old April 16 2009, 03:19 AM   #21
Mr Light
Admiral

Ah I mis-remembered about the Miles/Ben thing. So I guess they're not from Ben then. So that means Modern Day Dharma or Unknown. It's probably Dharma... wasn't their most recent Comicon online game thingee about Dharma recruiting new members in the modern day or something?

Old April 16 2009, 03:22 AM   #22
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Jaron wrote: View Post
As for Cesar, he could very well be the one passenger who actually thought he was going to Guam.
Old April 16 2009, 03:22 AM   #23
Mr Light
Admiral

I completely missed this; the dude who abducts Miles into the van and talks about the shadow of the statue... is the same dude who gets the guns and talks about the shadow of the statue will Illana in the present day Ajira crash survivors camp!

Old April 16 2009, 03:27 AM   #24
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Excellent episode. I really connected with Miles' story and I felt that the scene where he saw Chang with the baby Miles was one of the most moving scenes we've had in a long time. There was other great stuff as well such as the mystery of the body, the building of the hatch, more of Chang being a badass, the great banter, Jack being cool once again and, of course, Juliet's rockin' body.
Old April 16 2009, 03:45 AM   #25
The Habs Fan
Commodore

I completely missed this; the dude who abducts Miles into the van and talks about the shadow of the statue... is the same dude who gets the guns and talks about the shadow of the statue will Illana in the present day Ajira crash survivors camp!
I missed it too. But I did think the actor looked familiar (I just couldn't place him).
Old April 16 2009, 03:50 AM   #26
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Loved the episode...it made Miles a more rounded human being,rather than just a "replacement Sawyer".

Heroes recently did a similar thing, as they have also with Ben: make what was a mainly sarcastic and/or negative character even more depth than the actor has portrayed, and gave us a glimpse of these characters when they were truly more innocen
Old April 16 2009, 07:11 AM   #27
Aragorn
Admiral

If you really must know, he's also James T. Kirk's uncle that really screws little Jimmy up.
Old April 16 2009, 08:43 AM   #28
Capt. Vulcan
Vice Admiral

Even though I missed sections of the episode I gave it an above average. We get some answers and some new questions. We didn't get the characters acting idiotically for plot purposes. (I just consider Kate an idiot so what she did was in character.) But Miles and Hurley worked well together, and the little starwars thing was funny. Even though I was expecting Fariday at the end, the actor pulls it off well enough to be a satisfying reveal. He seemed way more confident than the Fariday we'd seen in the past. He knows stuff and he's been up to no good.
Old April 16 2009, 10:09 AM   #29
Sxottlan
Commodore

View Sxottlan's Twitter Profile

I figured with it being 1977, there'd have to be a Star Wars reference at some point.
The Crimson Shadow: ***
Old April 16 2009, 12:19 PM   #30
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Wow,

Not understanding all the "excellent" and "above average" comments. If there was an option in the poll that said "Boring as hell" that would have been my picked. That's 60 minitues of my life I'll never get back.