Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old March 25 2009, 03:58 PM   #76
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept
Re: Fitness Checkin

I've been trying to walk 2 miles in 40 minutes
that would require an average speed of 3mph
I'm almost there, but the best I've been able to do is 1.8-1.9 in 40 minutes

I have short legs and I'm not very flexible, so I have to work on my stride so that walking at, say, 3.2 mph on the treadmill feels natural instead of OMG I"M GONNA FALL OFF THIS THING!

haven't gotten to the point where I'm comfortable running . . . I need a bra for my belly or something
Old March 25 2009, 04:01 PM   #77
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

jamestyler wrote: View Post
Crusher Disciple wrote: View Post
I'm thinking about taking dancing lessons.
If you do it, I'll do it. I'm tempted to fill my time by joining an AmDram club which requires me to be able to do the whole dance thing
I really want to learn Foxtrot and Tango. I caught the Dancing With the Stars bug. But the studio's really close to my house and it's great exercise.

I'm now trying to train with broken ribs which has resulted in vomiting and getting annoyed at all the locker room hugging.
Ow, that's not good. Hope you get to feeling better.
Old March 26 2009, 02:16 AM   #78
RoJoHen
Awesome

I just finished my first workout with the P90X program, and I feel like I'm dying. Holy crap, that was one of the hardest workouts I've ever had. I felt like vomiting about 1/3 of the way through!
Old March 26 2009, 03:33 AM   #79
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Had a rough run Saturday. Was supposed to do 4 hours and ~20miles. It was my first time running trails (my big thing) in a couple of months, so I was pretty excited. However, I made two huge mistakes. One, I had forgotten how much different trails are from dirt roads... 20 miles on dirt roads are nothing, but they won't get you ready for 20miles on trails. Second, I accidentally got caught up in the excitement of being out there again, and started off way, way, way too fast. In the end, I only ended up pulling 11 miles and 3 hours. I'm still pretty thrashed from it.

This weekend, I'm going to Moab, Utah with my mom. She's trying to do the 24 hours of Utah race solo, and is going to have me come out and pace her during the night. It should be a pretty fun time.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2009, 08:10 PM   #80
RAMA
Vice Admiral

jamestyler wrote: View Post
I'm thinking about taking dancing lessons.
If you do it, I'll do it. I'm tempted to fill my time by joining an AmDram club which requires me to be able to do the whole dance thing
I really want to learn Foxtrot and Tango. I caught the Dancing With the Stars bug. But the studio's really close to my house and it's great exercise.

I'm now trying to train with broken ribs which has resulted in vomiting and getting annoyed at all the locker room hugging.
Ow, that's not good. Hope you get to feeling better.
We want proof of dancing...like video proof!
Old March 29 2009, 11:44 PM   #81
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

I did 83 miles today on a mountain bike in a bit under 5 hours. The ride was mostly on the Silver Comet trail.
"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Daedalus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2009, 12:13 AM   #82
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Last week was one of the single best weeks of working out I've had in a long time. Just the general feeling I have along with the results have been phenomenal, but chief amongst it all is that I've been very happy with my new training partners.

RAMA
Old April 6 2009, 04:33 PM   #83
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

Went for my intro class in Argentine Tango on Thursday. Tonight is the first regular group class. Belly dance class was yesterday. Since I got the new student unlimited special, I'm planning on Lindy hop tomorrow and salsa on wednesday.
Old April 6 2009, 09:36 PM   #84
RoJoHen
Awesome

I've only worked out once in the last 2 weeks. I've been having a horrible time sleeping lately and haven't had any energy to go to the gym. I need to take some time off work to help correct myself.
Old April 7 2009, 04:54 AM   #85
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

Went for my first group Argentine Tango lesson with my man.

We're still together. I even let him lead.

'TIS A MIRACLE!!!
Old April 7 2009, 05:32 AM   #86
jamestyler
Commodore

View jamestyler's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jamestyler

I'm back in the gym on a proper schedule - Strength is spot on, coordination and technique is fine, I just need to get my cardio back on track and using the Army fitness guides to help.

I feel odd that as I get closer to the end of my wrestling career I'm in far better shape.
Old April 8 2009, 04:30 PM   #87
jamestyler
Commodore

View jamestyler's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jamestyler

I hate double posting.. but am too pleased with myself not to.

After putting it off for ages, I finally got weighed as I've got fitness tests to pass.

I was 112k this time last year, a little over 103k when I started to take it more seriously a couple of months ago ad I'm now at 84. 2-5k to go and I'll be happy.

I'm still in shock it was so low.
Old April 8 2009, 05:17 PM   #88
RAMA
Vice Admiral

After battling some injuries, I've worked my way back up to a 405lb bench press. My friend and I are making so much progress, that we're planning on buying bench press shirts in the fall (after we lean down for summer)and competing in some bench press only competitions. I'm hoping for 525-575lbs with a shirt, and my friend wants to get 450. I outweigh him by 60-70lbs.

RAMA
Old April 11 2009, 02:44 PM   #89
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

I'm down 16lbs since I started this adventure 3 months ago
Old April 12 2009, 06:20 PM   #90
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Got a pretty nice muddy, snowy, losty, post-holey run in yesterday in the mountains. I was with my mom, so there wasn't as much running as I would have liked, but it was still a pretty good workout, especially since every place I would step would collapse into at least a foot deep hole.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote