RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,691
Members: 24,207
Currently online: 797
Newest member: Stevie Trek

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 57 79.17%
Above Average 15 20.83%
Average 0 0%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 9 2009, 03:15 AM   #16
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x12: "Dead is Dead"

Oh yeah I was 100% convinced that he killed Penny, so that was a welcome surprise as well. It was also a nice human moment when he sees she has a little child just like Rousseau did.

Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more of Des and Penny soon, their absence has been annoying. Not nearly annoying as Faraday's disappearance though!

Hmm, I wonder why we never saw Hawking at all with Widmore? Aren't they a couple? She was implied to be his equal in the previous episode.

Also, we learned that Penny is NOT Hawking's child. So Faraday and Penny are not related.

Old April 9 2009, 03:17 AM   #17
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Not nearly annoying as Faraday's disappearance though!
They said Faraday left the Island, I think he went on the sub to the mainland in the 70's, like when they first got there to the DI, but what has he been doing, i can't wait to find out.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old April 9 2009, 03:18 AM   #18
Mr Light
Admiral

We knew from "Cost of Living" that Cerebus spares those who are repent and say they'll change their ways, and punishes those unrepenant and unchanging. This leads me to believe that Ben's new outlook is for reals or else he woulda been smoked by Smokey. Ben truly will be Locke's loyal disciple now. That should be fun to see!

Old April 9 2009, 03:19 AM   #19
Mr Light
Admiral

They didn't say Faraday left the Island, only that he wasn't there. That could mean anything. He might have just been at another Station (like constructing the Orchid).

Old April 9 2009, 03:19 AM   #20
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

We knew from "Cost of Living" that Cerebus spares those who are repent and say they'll change their ways, and punishes those unrepenant and unchanging. This leads me to believe that Ben's new outlook is for reals or else he woulda been smoked by Smokey. Ben truly will be Locke's loyal disciple now. That should be fun to see!
Perhaps, though he was thinking about killing Locke again, unless that little exchange with Alex really has changed him, we will see....

Old April 9 2009, 03:19 AM   #21
Brent
Admiral

They didn't say Faraday left the Island, only that he wasn't there. That could mean anything. He might have just been at another Station (like constructing the Orchid).
I guess so, My theory is that he left the island then, I can't wait to find out what he is up to.... though there was that episode where we saw him in the Orchid, so at some point he must end up there

Old April 9 2009, 03:19 AM   #22
Agent Richard07
Admiral

From the live commentary thread...
Gertch wrote: View Post
I just love Ben and Locke's conversations.
They are funny aren't they?

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
How does Ben not remember LaFleur and the rest in DHARMA? makes no sense...
Didn't Richard say that he'd forget stuff last week?

Legolas wrote: View Post
LOL whidmore was voted off the island??

that was actually kind of anti climactic
Yeah, I thought he was thrown off the island by a wheel-turn.

Jaron wrote: View Post
Legolas wrote: View Post
LOL whidmore was voted off the island??

that was actually kind of anti climactic
I'm sure that's not the last we've seen of Widmore's time on the island.
Maybe he still has time to go back and turn that wheel.

Trippy wrote: View Post
But Desmond got shot didn`t he
Yeah, he got shot in the shoulder and was knocked unconsious, TV-style!
Old April 9 2009, 03:22 AM   #23
Brent
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Didn't Richard say that he'd forget stuff last week?
True, Richard did say this last week, that he would forget what happened

Old April 9 2009, 03:22 AM   #24
Mr Light
Admiral

Well since it's telepathic and knew he was planning to kill him again, and then spared him, I can only assume his promise to change was legit or he would have been killed.

Oh yeah another thing we learned. We saw the interior of the "Cerebus Summoning Chamber". Interesting that he has to pull out a drain in a puddle. I can't figure that out. And when he talked to it and said I'll be outside... was he really speaking to it as a person? That seemed odd to me. Particularly since he knew it wasn't there yet... does it have really good hearing?

Old April 9 2009, 03:23 AM   #25
Gertch
Admiral

We finally get to see inside the Temple/Cerebus Vent. We literally see where Cerebus comes out of (and he's Anubis' pet snake!).
Seems the smoke moving through the holes in the vent make the eerie whistling sound.
Old April 9 2009, 03:24 AM   #26
Velocity
Commodore

Oh yeah I was 100% convinced that he killed Penny, so that was a welcome surprise as well. It was also a nice human moment when he sees she has a little child just like Rousseau did.
He probably didn't want little J to grow up motherless like he did. If he even thought that far. He was pretty shocked by the kid.
Old April 9 2009, 03:24 AM   #27
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Jaron wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
- Question: Did Rousseau name the baby "Alex"? I don't remember if she did and called the baby Alex in front of Ben.
She did call the baby Alex when Ben was taking her.
Thanks.

Trippy wrote: View Post
I think it was the smoke monster posing as Alex.
Yeah, but this time I started thinking seriously about whether or not the smoke monster simply poses as someone else or if the dead person is somehow "alive" through the smoke minster. I got to thinking that because it would be nice for Alex to know that Ben only said what he said to Keamy to try and save her.

I was absolutely convinced Ben was going to die in this episode, so his being spared was a welcome surprise.
I thought that he might die too.

We literally see where Cerebus comes out of (and he's Anubis' pet snake!).
This was the first time I noticed that the smoke monster sounded like hissing beetles. A snake could work too though.
Old April 9 2009, 03:24 AM   #28
Brent
Admiral

Well since it's telepathic and knew he was planning to kill him again, and then spared him, I can only assume his promise to change was legit or he would have been killed.

Oh yeah another thing we learned. We saw the interior of the "Cerebus Summoning Chamber". Interesting that he has to pull out a drain in a puddle. I can't figure that out. And when he talked to it and said I'll be outside... was he really speaking to it as a person? That seemed odd to me. Particularly since he knew it wasn't there yet... does it have really good hearing?
Maybe the hole in the ground leads to the temple, kinda like a long tube to carry sound to the temple, that's my best guess.

Old April 9 2009, 03:24 AM   #29
Mr Light
Admiral

From my viewing, the bullet hit the grocery bag and not Des at all. I didn't see any hits on his body.

As for him not remembering, I believe Alpert said only that he wouldn't remember the past day or something like that, not that he would forget the three years that LaFleur was in charge.

Old April 9 2009, 03:26 AM   #30
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

^well he was a kid and the guy was named Lefleur, not Sawyer. Maybe Ben doesn't remember faces well

LJ

LJ2