Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 25 2009, 04:58 PM   #91
clint g
Admiral

Re: Resident Evil 5

Yeah i know, they must have changed the code or something so i decided to just put in some spaces
Old March 25 2009, 10:22 PM   #92
Cky
Captain

By the way, going back 2 pages or so now. I tried the egg trick and it worked like a charm,the only problem is that I can never seem to find a rotten egg, and the only place I know a chicken spawns he always craps out a white or a brown, never a golden egg.

Ooh, playing Professional now with basic guns and no unlimited ammo WITH the AI. Got to 2-2 and I'm shitting my pants.
Old March 25 2009, 10:45 PM   #93
clint g
Admiral

Cky wrote: View Post

By the way, going back 2 pages or so now. I tried the egg trick and it worked like a charm,the only problem is that I can never seem to find a rotten egg, and the only place I know a chicken spawns he always craps out a white or a brown, never a golden egg.
In chapter 3-1 there is an island in the middle of the giant lake thats filled with chickens. You have a decent chance of getting one there. Ive also seen 2 gold eggs spawn in the section of that level where you have to do the assist toss in order to get the door plate. That being said, In 6 full play throughs and 2 partial play throughs, I've only seen the golden egg spawn 3 or 4 times. Rotten eggs are a little easier to get but they arent all that common either and you seem to have to get them from enemies or snakes

Ooh, playing Professional now with basic guns and no unlimited ammo WITH the AI. Got to 2-2 and I'm shitting my pants.
You're just a sicko who enjoyes pain and frustration arent you?
Old March 27 2009, 10:56 AM   #94
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
can someone IM me the spoliers, i Love the story line, but don't like playing the games, not a single one of them has a decent controll scheme
here's a visual walkthrough

http://www.dipity.com/timeline/Resid...-5-Walkthrough
TheMasterOfOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2009, 01:48 PM   #95
Cky
Captain

[quote=clint g;2756564]
Cky wrote: View Post

You're just a sicko who enjoyes pain and frustration arent you?
Haha, I'm not doing that bad to be honest, the first Urorboros that took 1 hit in Beginner and Normal took 4 and he was fast as anything, so much panic, but no frustration :P.

I even unlocked the Knife blocking acheivement during .
Old March 28 2009, 01:18 PM   #96
Cky
Captain

Sorry to double post, but I got very annoyed yesterday. I waited for like 25 minutes and finally got a golden egg, so I decided to waste time and do the egg trick to get a bit of cash, and then I ended up with around 150,000 (which takes 4 attempts to get with 45 eggs on Sheva), I upgraded the handcannon and went on to 5-2 (I think!!) to fight Wesker and Jill to get one of the achievements. On the way, guess what drops... A rotten egg.

Just my luck.
Old March 28 2009, 05:02 PM   #97
Jax
Admiral

did a system linkup yesterday with a friend and we did several achievements (43 out of 50 now)....

* Obtain all available weapons

* Egg Hunt

* Jumping headshot

* Gattling Gun 30 kills

* Bulls-Eye

* Obtain all treasures in the game.

Also did game in under 5 hours to unlock infinite Rocket Launcher and got all but 1 figurine because Capcom thought it would be clever to have to get S grade on all chapters before I am allowed last one
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2009, 12:08 AM   #98
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Well, you could just get S grades on amateur. That's really not hard at all.
Old March 29 2009, 09:24 AM   #99
Cky
Captain

I completed the game again yesterday but I wasn't checking my rankings, I was just playing around with the Gatling gun and I had like 13% accuracy (which somehow equated to an A rank) and the rest was an S, which bought it all down to an A.
Old March 29 2009, 03:55 PM   #100
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Yahtzee reviews it...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...esident-Evil-5
Old March 29 2009, 08:50 PM   #101
judge alba
senior street judge

got the game a week ago got the the bit where you meet the first of the chain saw guys and got stuck. wish there was a cheat on the ps3 for unlimited health or something. still wont give up must be away of getting thruogh or no one would complete the game.

not too keen on the game as such, it hasnt really got that resident evil feel to it. i feel this one and re4 have wandered off track some what though i still enjoy them they are not as scary as the others.
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2009, 11:00 PM   #102
clint g
Admiral

A good way to deal with that guy is to chuck a fiore grenade at him at the very beginning. Back up, pop a few rounds into his eye (its his weak spot) and when he staggers, punch him. Back up a little and he will chase you. shoot the transformer that is above the bottom part of the stairs and it will fall down and do some damage to him.
Old March 29 2009, 11:25 PM   #103
Cky
Captain

The way I do it is just get a shotgun (which you can get before you reach him, it's in the locked room in 1-1, before you meet the blonde lady. Basically I get right up close and personal to him, aim high and shoot him in the face, he'll drop back and then you can melee him, wait for him to raise the chainsaw back up and he'll run at you again, wait for him to come close again, shoot and melee, repeat until he's dead. If you get stuck, run back to one of the red barrels, wait until he's close and fire, then run up to him and melee.
Old March 30 2009, 02:04 AM   #104
Jax
Admiral

I used red barrels and then after that any nades and if hes still standing just play hit n run with the odd meele attack. I really liked that boss one of the few TBH because the others get rather boring and well similar.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old April 6 2009, 12:58 AM   #105
Jax
Admiral

I just gotten the 50th achievement out of 50 and may I say, Pro Mode is a total bitch Me n my friend died more times in that mode than Amateur, Normal & Veteran combined, the Wesker/Jill fight was a bitch though after we found out that you can shoot Jills red thing when holding her plus a combo of flash nade rounds, it got easier.

Anyone else gotten all 50 ? oh and the Hyrda shotgun rules

Also has anyone gotten any sales info o Resident Evil 5 ? I know it started well but has that carried on with word of mouth ?