Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 20 31.25%
Above Average 29 45.31%
Average 11 17.19%
Below Average 3 4.69%
Poor 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 2 2009, 05:36 PM   #46
Gertch
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x11: "Whatever Happened, Happened"

I gave this episode, yes a Kate episode, an Excellent rating.

So, Ben really was reBorn on the Island. And who's to blame for making Ben the 'evil' Ben? Sayid, Jack, Sawyer and Kate. Awesome. Three of which are later (season 3) captured by Ben.
Old April 2 2009, 06:12 PM   #47
Vic Sixx
Commodore

I also found Kate's story about what happened to Aaron and why she went back a bit of a let down. Wasn't very traumatic or mysterious.

I liked the time travel discussion between Miles and Hurley a lot, they should have been having this talk from the beginning not just now.

What Jack did and what Sayyid did created evil Ben? They also gave him a convenient excuse as to why he didn't remember any of them. Wasn't very surprised the ew website said Jack refuses to help Ben. But evil little Ben returns to them at some point doesn't he, so he can kill them all.
Old April 2 2009, 07:18 PM   #48
exodus
Fleet Admiral

I'm not sure this has been covered yet, I didn't read everyones comments, so forgive.

When Richard took young Ben, one of the Others says:" Shouldn't we tell Charles & Ellie?"

Charles is Widmore.

Who is Ellie?
Old April 2 2009, 07:31 PM   #49
ITL
Vice Admiral

Mrs Hawking! From the Church Of Pendulum Based Island Finding. She was also the blond lass on the island (1953 segment) in Jughead.

That's right....I think....
Old April 2 2009, 07:34 PM   #50
Darth_Pinche
Captain

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I don't think she's redeemed, I think she's as annoying as ever... Incidentally does anyone think that when Aaron went missing in the grocery with that strange woman, that the woman was really one of Ben's people?
I think that the strange woman was actually Claire,just older due to some time travel tom-foolery. She looked to be in her 50's which if the "plane crash Claire" winds up also back in the late 70's would make her age about right.
Old April 2 2009, 07:37 PM   #51
Dream
Admiral

Wow. This was the best Kate episode the show has ever done.
Old April 2 2009, 08:03 PM   #52
exodus
Fleet Admiral

ITL wrote: View Post
Mrs Hawking! From the Church Of Pendulum Based Island Finding. She was also the blond lass on the island (1953 segment) in Jughead.

Ok, thanks.

..From the Church of the Pendulum Based Island Finding.
Old April 2 2009, 08:37 PM   #53
Mr Light
Admiral

"Left Behind" is my favorite Kate episode, I just saw it yesterday on Sci-Fi Channel. You got Kate and Juliet paired together running around in the jungle and fighting Cerebus. BAM! And we learn that the purpose of the Sonic Fence is to keep out Cerebus. It was also the episode that linked Kate's backstory to Sawyer's with Cassidy.

Old April 2 2009, 08:56 PM   #54
exodus
Fleet Admiral

AviTrek wrote: View Post
The Hippocratic Oath only applies to Jack's patients. If Jack had been helping Juliet and then they discovered the more serious problem he would have been bound to help. But there is nothing in the oath that compels Jack to help a random person. And as others have pointed out, the Oath didn't seem to stop Jack from putting Ben's life in danger to help Kate before.
Interesting turn of events though.

If Jack had helped young Ben, he wouldn't have gone to the Others to become who he is today.

So Jack's stubborn inability to change sets everything into motion.
Old April 2 2009, 09:13 PM   #55
Dream
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
"Left Behind" is my favorite Kate episode, I just saw it yesterday on Sci-Fi Channel. You got Kate and Juliet paired together running around in the jungle and fighting Cerebus. BAM! And we learn that the purpose of the Sonic Fence is to keep out Cerebus. It was also the episode that linked Kate's backstory to Sawyer's with Cassidy.
I'm sure Kate and Juliet mud wrestling was pretty good too wasn't it?
Old April 2 2009, 09:56 PM   #56
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

ITL wrote: View Post

I knew she was the chick from back in time, but I didn't make the connection to Hawking. Good catch there.

BTW, I will say this about Ben. His Dad's asshole-ness led him to hate the Dharma Initiative and support the Hostiles. If it weren't for that, he wouldn't have busted out Sayid and gotten shot. It wasn't entirely Jack and Sayid's fault.
Old April 2 2009, 10:57 PM   #57
roliver
Fleet Captain

exodus wrote: View Post
If Jack had helped young Ben, he wouldn't have gone to the Others to become who he is today.
Not necessarily. If Jack had agreed to helped with Ben then the timeline would have self-corrected and events would have still played out more or less the same.

Example: Jack agrees to help, but on the way to the infirmary he trips on a rock, smacks his head on (insert random object) and is knocked unconscious for a long period of time. Events play out the same as if he had not agreed to help.

Not the best example, but you get the point. Jack is not to blame. Sayid is not to blame. Whatever happened, happened.
Old April 2 2009, 11:26 PM   #58
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

There's a good recap and breakdown of lastnight's episode among other things LOST here:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1550...269517,00.html

Some things I didn't even really think about. Like if Locke was the proxy for Christian, instead of Christian dying from an alcohol bender, could he have actually been murdered like Locke was by Ben? Good article though. You guys should take a gander.
Old April 2 2009, 11:47 PM   #59
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Campe98 wrote: View Post
The Habs Fan wrote: View Post
Average

This episode was filler. Entertaining filler, but filler nonetheless.
Filler? We find out why Ben is the way he is, clear up what happened to Aron, actually move Kate's character in an interesting direction and give her an actual purpose and resolve an important character point from last season's finale and you call that filler?

Definitely a high Above Average on the Lost scale, but if it was the "Everything else" scale, it would be Excellent.
An important character point? What a big twist giving Aaron to his grandmother was! Who didn't see that one coming? Anyone?

Ok...who didn't see Ben getting saved by The Others? *crickets*

This episode was so obvious it was boring. I did however like the time travel discussion between Hurley and Miles and we got some good character stuff for Kate (although she is still as dumb as ever).
Old April 2 2009, 11:47 PM   #60
chrisspringob
Commodore

So it sounds like Widmore and Hawking are both still on the Island in 1977. So, then have Faraday and Penny been born yet? Are they living on the Island, as toddlers or something?

In "Jeremy Bentham", Widmore indicates that Ben exiled him from the Island. I've wondered how this squares with Penny having presumably grown up in the outside world. As far as we know, Penny has never indicated to Desmond that she had ever been to the Island, or knew anything about it before he got shipwrecked there. So is she hiding this from him? Or did she leave the Island when she was too young to remember? Or did Widmore go back and forth between the Island and the outside world, and he fathered her when he was in the outside world?

Actually, maybe Penny *does* remember being on the Island, and is hiding it from Desmond, for whatever reason. At the end of "Live Together, Die Alone", those guys in that arctic station report to her that they've found the anomaly, which indicates that they've detected the Island. But how does Penny know what to look for, in trying to locate the Island? She's never explained this to Desmond, or any other character, has she?