Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 20 27.40%
Above Average 36 49.32%
Average 17 23.29%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 29 2009, 03:49 PM   #91
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Or blow his brains out. Zombie rule. I can only assume that Sayid was seriously not right in the head when he did this, either through the trauma of returning to the Island seeing Young Ben or the "truth serum" or a combination of the two, because I really felt that he was out of character in this episode.

Old March 29 2009, 05:22 PM   #92
Gertch
Admiral

^ Haven't they been doing that with characters they are going to kill off? And I agree, he was out of character.
Old March 30 2009, 12:00 AM   #93
mirandafave
Fleet Captain

I hope they are not building up to killing Sayid off. Because if they are they need to use him a lot better before then He has been sadly and badly underused this season.

I know it was slow and harked back to classic Lost and the ending was predictable but I kinda thought something might happen to cause Sayid to reconsider what he was going to do.

Lil' Ben has to revive obviously and like others say it must fuel his obsession with the island,however, this whole thing makes you wonder how Ben didn't recognise Sawyer ed co after the crash as an adult. Memory tripping or is that what fuelled his interest in the crashed ones?

Anyway a good episode, tho slow it filled in a few gaps about Sayid but sadly underwhelming fill ins. So I'll rate it an average. Would have helped to throw in a few reveals or curve balls amongst the other characters if not the Sayid storyline.

Plus I missed the flashbacks but am seeing a lack of connections to other cast in the flashbacks. Use to be cool to see someone in thr background who belonged in another person's story. ...Sigh...
Old March 30 2009, 04:20 AM   #94
McCoy
Commodore

Who's to say Ben didn't recognize them? That guy never reveals all his secrets at once.
Old March 30 2009, 08:42 AM   #95
Hermiod
Admiral

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Yeah, but they later said they weren't (and were never Dharma anyway).
Plus, the episode where they said that was called "Not in Portland", IIRC.
Old March 30 2009, 11:50 PM   #96
mirandafave
Fleet Captain

McCoy wrote: View Post
Who's to say Ben didn't recognize them? That guy never reveals all his secrets at once.
Valid point.
Old March 31 2009, 07:21 AM   #97
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

It's so rare that I get to vote/comment in the Lost forum because of spoilers. But since Sky is doing such a good job of keeping us up to date with US airings at the moment... I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the others this season. I was a bit bored by Kate and Jack being back on the island, and the distracted glances across the Dharmaville bored me, too. On the up side I'm still enjoying Jim Lafleur. I hope Sawyer stays like this. I love Sayid and Naveen Andrews a great deal but I didn't really enjoy Naveen's acting when he was drugged. It's the first time I've never bought it. So, I'm letting it pass. I can't believe that someone from the Dharma group didn't start pondering the stuff he'd been telling them. Unless that's the reason one or two amongst them were so adamant they kill him. And finally, to end on a trivial note. Sayid looked mighty hot coming down those stairs in Moscow. That is all.

Old March 31 2009, 08:10 PM   #98
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Or blow his brains out. Zombie rule. I can only assume that Sayid was seriously not right in the head when he did this, either through the trauma of returning to the Island seeing Young Ben or the "truth serum" or a combination of the two, because I really felt that he was out of character in this episode.
I thought the scene where he shot lil Ben was played so that we were supposed to regard Sayid as being almost completely out of it. Without the truth serum, he probably would have restrained his impulse to kill lil Ben.
Old March 31 2009, 09:39 PM   #99
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

Seems to me the point of the entire episode was to set up the final scene as being in-character, that that was really his true character.
Old March 31 2009, 10:19 PM   #100
Mallet
Fleet Captain

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Seems to me the point of the entire episode was to set up the final scene as being in-character, that that was really his true character.
I agree. It shows Sayid as someone who will make the hard choices and will do what needs to be done. Everyone else has seemed to forget that Ben is an evil, lying, bastard who tormented & tortured them when they first crashed on the island. Had his minions kidnap and kill the losties from the front and tail sections of the plane and then he continued to manipulate them even when they got off the Island, forcing them to go back.

Sayid knew that killing Ben, young or old, was the right thing to do. And if killing Ben as a kid prevented all the bad stuff from happening in the future, then that is even better.

it's like the age old question, if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before he rose to power, would you do it?

Sayid would.
Old April 1 2009, 02:29 AM   #101
Mr Light
Admiral

^^ But what if causing a paradox erases your reality and kills the six billion people in your timeline? Sayid was never told the time travel rules by anyone was he?

Old April 1 2009, 03:55 PM   #102
Jono
Rear Admiral

^Star Trek rules: Old timeline no longer canon so it doesn't matter.

Liked this episode, another good one and firming this season as my favourite.
Old April 2 2009, 03:06 AM   #103
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
To me, this episode harkened back to the days of the "art of the stall." For example, Kate's statement that she didn't know why everybody else came back but she knew why she came back. But of course she didn't go on to explain exactly what that was. Typical LOST bullshit.
DeafPoet wrote: View Post
It was abundantly clear to me that she was talking about Sawyer. Seemed abundantly clear to him, too.

Well I guess I"m just dense then, because it wasn't clear to me. You may be right, but I'm not convinced it's that simple, if for no other reason than we don't know what happpened to Aaron. It looks like to me there's more going on with Kate than just a desire to come back and bone Sawyer.
Given the scene with Claire's mom at the motel, perhaps it wasn't as clear as you thought?
Old April 3 2009, 02:57 PM   #104
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

To me, this episode harkened back to the days of the "art of the stall." For example, Kate's statement that she didn't know why everybody else came back but she knew why she came back. But of course she didn't go on to explain exactly what that was. Typical LOST bullshit.
DeafPoet wrote: View Post
It was abundantly clear to me that she was talking about Sawyer. Seemed abundantly clear to him, too.

Well I guess I"m just dense then, because it wasn't clear to me. You may be right, but I'm not convinced it's that simple, if for no other reason than we don't know what happpened to Aaron. It looks like to me there's more going on with Kate than just a desire to come back and bone Sawyer.
Given the scene with Claire's mom at the motel, perhaps it wasn't as clear as you thought?
Okay, there's clearly an argument to be made there so I won't begrudge you that. However, no matter what Kate said to Claire's mom, the dramatic underpinnings of her story point pretty clearly to Sawyer.
Old April 3 2009, 03:08 PM   #105
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Well forgive me, but in rereading my post, I didn't intend to come off as such a smartass. My apologies.

Chalk it up to my frustrations with the writers who do this thing with the characters where they talk to each other but yet THEY DON'T SAY ANYTHING. That's why I called that scene between Sawyer and Kate "typical LOST bullshit."

As for the "dramatic underpinnings of her story" I guess that will rely a lot upon what she does going forward, i.e. searching for Claire or just mooning over Sawyer.