Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 20 31.25%
Above Average 29 45.31%
Average 11 17.19%
Below Average 3 4.69%
Poor 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 1 2009, 04:05 AM   #1
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Lost 5x11: "Whatever Happened, Happened"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Lost 5x11: "Whatever Happened, Happened".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"Whatever Happened, Happened"

"Kate goes to extreme measures to save Ben's life when Jack refuses to help. Meanwhile, Kate begins to tell the truth about the lie in order to protect Aaron." - Wikipedia
Old April 2 2009, 03:04 AM   #2
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile
Re: Lost 5x11: "Whatever Happened, Happened"

Above average. Holy crap, I can't believe I said that about a Kate episode!
Old April 2 2009, 03:05 AM   #3
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Kira's Mom wrote: View Post
Above average. Holy crap, I can't believe I said that about a Kate episode!
Me too

LJ

LJ2
Old April 2 2009, 03:05 AM   #4
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Good episode. Its funny a time traveling paradox is really the only major way that all of this crazy shit makes the slightest bit of sense. I really do wonder if the writers always intended this to happen or retrofitted it becasue it was a convenient way to come up with answers?
Old April 2 2009, 03:07 AM   #5
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

I voted Excellent.

After a subpar episode last week, Lost came roaring back with a great episode. Very character-driven, with good stuff from Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. The Hurley/Miles discussion was quite amusing and they make a good pair. It was cool to get back to the whole Sawyer's daughter thing.

Kate and Sawyer's girlfriend meeting up is the kind of thing we haven't seen much of in Lost. What I mean is the characters usually never realize their connections to others.

Although Evangeline Lilly's performance was quite good, this episode demonstrates the weakness of her charactaer. Kate exists solely to be the love interest of Sawyer and Jack. Nothing more. She was a far more interesting character back in Season 1.

That being said, great episode!
Old April 2 2009, 03:07 AM   #6
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Above Average. That was a great episode. It felt like it was two hours, but it didn't drag at all.

- Sawyer is really shaping up to be a pretty good guy.

- I laughed out loud at Hurley and Miles' conversation about time travel. Hurley did bring up a good point too, one we've been debating. Why doesn't Ben that remember Sayid shot him?

- I'll let Evangeline Lilly's hair extentons go. Kate looked great all dressed up in her flashback.

- So... Kate thinks Claire is alive. What comes out of this oughta be good. Wasn't it agreed that Claire was dead?

- I wonder what Richard is going to do to Ben. At least it answered why Ben doesn't/won't remember Sayid.
Old April 2 2009, 03:09 AM   #7
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Another very slow episode for me. The scene with John and Ben was pretty good. And it was good to find out about what happened to Aaron. (on a side note, it does appear that Kate came back for more than just Sawyer.)

When Richard said Ben would forget everything, I couldn't help but think of the "reset button." What a "Smallville-ian" cop out.

Next week's episode looks a lot more interesting.
Old April 2 2009, 03:10 AM   #8
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Excellent. Loved this Kate episode. I don't hate her as a character anymore... wow.
Old April 2 2009, 03:12 AM   #9
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Average

This episode was filler. Entertaining filler, but filler nonetheless.
Old April 2 2009, 03:18 AM   #10
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I notice I've voted Above Average in almost every episode. Basically, everything is quality and keeps my attention, but I don't come running back saying "Holy Shit!"

It's a Kate episode, which usually hurts things. In this case, it worked out. If I were to break things down, the material of the flashback would be an above average (especially for a Kate episode), the connection to the island plot is average (although it does work with the idea of Kate caring about Ben), the revelation of why she came back is excellent (absolutely perfect to have Kate look for Claire. I can't wait until she does).

For the island stuff. I'll go with above average. Not a significant amount of stuff happened, but it raises my interest. Honestly, the Others here are what I wanted of the Others in the third season (although I think they being on a second island limited out interaction with their more mysterious stuff and it wasn't until later with Richard that they seemed mysterious again). I'm really interested in next week. Points for the time travel conversation as well.

BTW, would anyone agree that Jack is becoming Locke and Sawyer is becoming Jack? Jack is seeming like a dick, but Locke did at times too.

Also, did anyone else catch that the Hostiles (trying to show time period here) seemed to think of Charles (Widmore, I would assume) as their leader and Richard said "I don't answer to him." Richard seems to have an odd situation when it comes to leadership. He's always there, I wonder why he doesn't lead (there was a point in season 3 that we thought he was fighting with Ben for power. Then we found out he's immortal and it didn't seem as likely).
Old April 2 2009, 03:19 AM   #11
Campe98
Commodore

The Habs Fan wrote: View Post
Average

This episode was filler. Entertaining filler, but filler nonetheless.
Filler? We find out why Ben is the way he is, clear up what happened to Aron, actually move Kate's character in an interesting direction and give her an actual purpose and resolve an important character point from last season's finale and you call that filler?

Definitely a high Above Average on the Lost scale, but if it was the "Everything else" scale, it would be Excellent.
Old April 2 2009, 03:24 AM   #12
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Boring as all hell for forty-two minutes. Excellent for one minute. John Locke's ten second scene was more entertaining than everything that came before it.
Old April 2 2009, 03:24 AM   #13
Mr Light
Admiral

3/4

For a Kate episode, it coulda been worse. Though I'm seriously disappointed she didn't drown him in the bathtub. That really woulda been shocking and yet totally in character. Even when she goes to talk to Claire's Mom and says he's waiting in the next room... I was hoping she would go in there all hopeful... only to find him floating facedown in the tub! Oh well.

Wow I really got something mixed up. I coulda sworn that was Claire's AUNT and not her mother. Whoops.

The Dharma Era story was pretty much just there but decent. The only part I found particularly interesting was that Ellie and Charles were nominally in charge of the Natives, which to me confirms that Widmore was the Others Leader who Ben duped into being exiled and that Ellie is his wife, which makes Faraday the son of Widmore and the step-sister of Penny.

Also, Ben was taken into the Temple and changed with "the sickness" just like Rousseau's friends. I was really hoping to see Cerebus come and drag in Lil'Ben himself but oh well. I hope we get to see how Lil'Ben changes after that intiation. I'm sure this initiation is also the thing that prevents the Others from time-skipping (recall even Cindy didn't time-skip).

Old April 2 2009, 03:29 AM   #14
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

One thing I do like is that they managed to stick in part of the Lost continuity that I figured was gone. All they really need now is Locke's pot growing friend to have a point.
Old April 2 2009, 03:30 AM   #15
Velocity
Commodore

I don't know. I'm beginning to feel that it's become too convoluted and I'm forgetting lots of parts. I can't remember what happened to Daniel Farraday, for one thing. I never thought that I'd lose interest in Lost, but it's starting to happen. It's beginning to feel like blaming the victims.