The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 300 71.94%
Above Average 59 14.15%
Average 20 4.80%
Below Average 19 4.56%
Poor 19 4.56%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 28 2009, 08:05 AM   #646
JonathonWally
Admiral

View JonathonWally's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to JonathonWally Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JonathonWally
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post
For anyone who forgot to record tonight's episode, it took place a week after last week's episode. Helo caught some virus and Cottle used Hera's blood to save him. Tyrol was attacked by a savage and when he cut off his head, lighting struck him and someone Tyrol become "more." And Baltar had sex with a hairy cave woman.
This gives me the horrible idea of putting together faux grading and live discussion threads where we just make shit up about these character's lives on Earth.
5-01 "Slowly the Hands on a Shovel"
Are you hearin me, like I'm hearin you?
Old March 28 2009, 08:06 AM   #647
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

For anyone who forgot to record tonight's episode, it took place a week after last week's episode. Helo caught some virus and Cottle used Hera's blood to save him. Tyrol was attacked by a savage and when he cut off his head, lighting struck him and someone Tyrol become "more." And Baltar had sex with a hairy cave woman.
Jesus. Jump the shark much, RDM?
Old March 28 2009, 08:10 AM   #648
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Jesus. Jump the shark much, RDM?
Just more proof he is a talentless hack who was just making it up as he went along, now he's written himself into a corner trying to come up with believable and interesting plots on Earth when every major plotline has already been concluded. For shame!
Old March 28 2009, 08:16 AM   #649
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

JonathonWally wrote: View Post
This gives me the horrible idea of putting together faux grading and live discussion threads where we just make shit up about these character's lives on Earth.
I'll do it if you'll play along.
Old March 28 2009, 09:48 AM   #650
JonathonWally
Admiral

View JonathonWally's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to JonathonWally Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JonathonWally

JonathonWally wrote: View Post

I'll do it if you'll play along.
I'm in!
Are you hearin me, like I'm hearin you?
Old March 28 2009, 07:15 PM   #651
arch101
Fleet Captain

Bear's music when Lee FINALLY got that fire started on the desolate mountaintop brought a tear to my eye. Too bad it went out right away. Where did that lighter go?
Old March 28 2009, 07:17 PM   #652
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

arch101 wrote: View Post
Bear's music when Lee FINALLY got that fire started on the desolate mountaintop brought a tear to my eye. Too bad it went out right away. Where did that lighter go?
There's a grading thread up for "Slowly the Hands..." here.

And I agree. Touching scene, and a nice nod to the 'good lighter' from season one.
Old March 30 2009, 12:25 PM   #653
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

I finally got around to seeing Daybreak Pt. 2 on Saturday. It took me a while to digest everything I'd seen and reach an opinion (for now).

I actually waded through almost the entire thread here (which took me a while considering it's 30+ pages). At this point, there probably isn't very much I could add that hasn't already been said before. So I'll keep this relatively short.

When I was finished watching the episode, I didn't really know what to think. There were scenes I adored (Adama's and Roslin's final scenes, Baltar's final scenes, many of the flashback, and many other things) and scenes that left me feeling somewhat uncomfortable or unsatisfied (e.g. wanting to give Cavil resurrection technology or the scenes with the robots at the end).

And, certainly, the finale was quite different from what I'd expected. I'd expected it not to be what I expected but in a different way, if that makes any sense. So I needed a while to wade through where I was feeling uneasy because the episode was different from what I'd expected (which isn't a bad thing) and where it was because I actually wasn't fond of what happened.

Basically, there's really only one issue left that bothers me, and that's wanting to give Cavil resurrection technology. I don't understand why the characters would want to do that or why they think they could entrust Cavil with something that equalled a lot of power.

But in the end, that's not enough to knock the episode over for me by any means.

As a consequence, and after a lot of going back and forth, I decided to go with "Excellent" because I really feel the episode deserves it. It was complex, it was emotional, it was exciting, it was bold and daring, and it was IMHO a beautiful end to a beautiful story.

Interestingly, Daybreak perfectly lines up with something I've said a few times about this show. I think it's a show that's very much about hope. And Daybreak, on many different levels, is an episode about hope.

It's really sad to see this show go. It's sad to see the characters go. But I'm extremely grateful that I was in for the ride. This, so far, has been the most rewarding TV show I've ever seen. And my thanks go out to everyone who invested their talent, their dedication and their passion into making nuBSG - in my mind - a work of art that will be remembered for a long time in my opinion.

I look forward to re-watching S4.5. when it comes out, and I look forward to re-watching the entire series even more so. I think it will be amazing to go back to the Mini and realize the journey all those characters were about to embark upon.

I'll end with what is possibly my favorite quote from the episode or maybe even from the show:

"I laid out the cabin today. It's going to have an easterly view. You should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains. It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."