IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 27 2009, 06:42 PM   #16
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Wolverine And The X-Men - anyone watching?

Will there be a complete season set at a later date or do I have to get all these damn penny-ante releases? I got screwed on this with the recent Fantastic Four cartoon. I bought all the individual releases, THEN they released the complete series set which had 9 episodes unreleased previously but I wasn't about to shell out 30 bucks just to see 9 episodes!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2009, 06:48 PM   #17
Ethros
Vice Admiral

How far is up to on American TV? has the season finished yet, as it finished on CBBC here in Blighty about 2-3 weeks ago and I know we were ahead.

I only started watching around episode 7-8 or whatnot, and at first I thought it was another male adaption like X-Men Evolution, but after a few episodes it became really enjoyable with the Xavier-in-the-future plot arc, and no one ever tires of some serious sentinel bashing. The last few episodes of the season were awesome

Still as I grew up in the 90s it will never be as good as the 90s animated series
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2009, 08:13 PM   #18
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Ethros wrote: View Post
How far is up to on American TV? has the season finished yet, as it finished on CBBC here in Blighty about 2-3 weeks ago and I know we were ahead.

I only started watching around episode 7-8 or whatnot, and at first I thought it was another male adaption like X-Men Evolution, but after a few episodes it became really enjoyable with the Xavier-in-the-future plot arc, and no one ever tires of some serious sentinel bashing. The last few episodes of the season were awesome

Still as I grew up in the 90s it will never be as good as the 90s animated series
The last ep. shown was the one with Psylocke & Nitro.
Old March 27 2009, 08:17 PM   #19
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Will there be a complete season set at a later date or do I have to get all these damn penny-ante releases?
They usually do both these days; wait out for the season set.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2009, 08:23 PM   #20
Ethros
Vice Admiral

exodus wrote: View Post

Episode list
What, episode 8? Thought it'd be further on than that
Old March 27 2009, 08:36 PM   #21
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Episode list
What, episode 8? Thought it'd be further on than that
Yeah, that's it.

So did I but they've given us repeats two weeks in a row after that ep.
I'm hoping tonight will be new.
Old March 27 2009, 10:02 PM   #22
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Weird. Well from that list I think I only started watching at episode 14, and I nearly gave up with 15 as I hate Mojo. But 16 is great, and from 18 onwards its awesome.

21 "Rover" is a good un, you won't believe how much the word "destroy" can express such a wide range of emotions and meanings
Old March 28 2009, 01:21 AM   #23
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

Will there be a complete season set at a later date or do I have to get all these damn penny-ante releases? I got screwed on this with the recent Fantastic Four cartoon. I bought all the individual releases, THEN they released the complete series set which had 9 episodes unreleased previously but I wasn't about to shell out 30 bucks just to see 9 episodes!
The pattern nowdays seems to be to release a "sampler" dvd early then a season set latter on. If for some reason the sampler "tanks", they can simply cancel the season set.

I don't expect that to happen though, X-men is a good seller on video. The only time there's been a problem is with Warner Brothers and X-men Evo (stupid frakkers STILL won't release S4).
darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2009, 01:24 AM   #24
exodus
Fleet Admiral

darkwing_duck1 wrote: View Post
The pattern nowdays seems to be to release a "sampler" dvd early then a season set latter on. If for some reason the sampler "tanks", they can simply cancel the season set.

I don't expect that to happen though, X-men is a good seller on video. The only time there's been a problem is with Warner Brothers and X-men Evo (stupid frakkers STILL won't release S4).
Yeah, why is that?
Old March 28 2009, 01:40 AM   #25
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

Yeah, why is that?
If you're talking about Evo...back when the show was cancelled, the way it was done raised a few eyebrows. No one but the producers and the studio know ALL the details, and none of them are talking (publicly). I've heard that the producers tried REALLY hard to get an S5, but they just got stonewalled.

I know that they HAD a S5 planned out (at least the arc) that supposedly dealt 1) with the fallout from Apocalypse's attack and 2) the Evo-vese's Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga. Some variant of DoFP might've been in the mix or it might not have (though the imagery in the final ep of S4 with all the Sentinels suggests they were thinking about it).

But the studio told them pretty much to "wrap it...right here and right NOW". It could be as simple as that Evo is a Marvel product, and WB is the home of DC. It also could have been that they had 4 seasons, and that's about as long as WB lets their shows run.
Old March 28 2009, 02:14 AM   #26
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, why is that?
If you're talking about Evo...back when the show was cancelled, the way it was done raised a few eyebrows. No one but the producers and the studio know ALL the details, and none of them are talking (publicly). I've heard that the producers tried REALLY hard to get an S5, but they just got stonewalled.

I know that they HAD a S5 planned out (at least the arc) that supposedly dealt 1) with the fallout from Apocalypse's attack and 2) the Evo-vese's Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga. Some variant of DoFP might've been in the mix or it might not have (though the imagery in the final ep of S4 with all the Sentinels suggests they were thinking about it).

But the studio told them pretty much to "wrap it...right here and right NOW". It could be as simple as that Evo is a Marvel product, and WB is the home of DC. It also could have been that they had 4 seasons, and that's about as long as WB lets their shows run.
That's too bad because at that point the show was really starting to pick up a strong momentum.
Old March 28 2009, 02:24 AM   #27
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

Yeah, why is that?

That's too bad because at that point the show was really starting to pick up a strong momentum.
To borrow a phrase: "So say we all!"

Evo fans have found getting dvds out of WB to be like pulling teeth from a chicken. We yelled, screamed, and offered up virgin sacrifices (fortunately we had a plentiful supply, being superhero fans ) for over a year and a half to get the S3 set.

Since then, there have been multiple "logical opportunities" to get S4 out there, but WBs attitude seems to be: "F*** Off!"
Old March 28 2009, 02:43 AM   #28
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Evo fans have found getting dvds out of WB to be like pulling teeth from a chicken. We yelled, screamed, and offered up virgin sacrifices (fortunately we had a plentiful supply, being superhero fans ) for over a year and a half to get the S3 set.

Since then, there have been multiple "logical opportunities" to get S4 out there, but WBs attitude seems to be: "F*** Off!"
I can empathize.

That's how we "Gargoyle" fans feel about Disney.
Old March 28 2009, 02:59 AM   #29
Robotech Master
Rear Admiral

And studios wonder why people download or bittorrent content.

I've got all of it on disc somewhere... TAS too, since I did not think that would ever come out on DVD. Since it is, I'll probably go ahead and buy it and ditch my video discs...

But sometimes the studios are just so damned clueless.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2009, 05:55 AM   #30
roguephoenix
Captain

not i. just don't want to support anymore wolvercrap.
roguephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote