Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 20 27.40%
Above Average 36 49.32%
Average 17 23.29%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26 2009, 03:42 AM   #31
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Dude, speaking of Desmond, how long has it been since he and Penny disappeared and we still don't know what happened with them and Ben?!

Old March 26 2009, 03:55 AM   #32
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

To me, this episode harkened back to the days of the "art of the stall." For example, Kate's statement that she didn't know why everybody else came back but she knew why she came back. But of course she didn't go on to explain exactly what that was. Typical LOST bullshit.

It's pretty apparent to me that they're close to the endgame but now they've got to put some filler in to make enough episodes to get us to the end of next year.
Old March 26 2009, 03:58 AM   #33
Mr Light
Admiral

Plus... still waiting on flashbacks for Miles and Daniel and Char-err, so much for that one! And will we ever learn the truth about Libby?

Old March 26 2009, 04:05 AM   #34
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
To me, this episode harkened back to the days of the "art of the stall." For example, Kate's statement that she didn't know why everybody else came back but she knew why she came back. But of course she didn't go on to explain exactly what that was. Typical LOST bullshit.
It was abundantly clear to me that she was talking about Sawyer. Seemed abundantly clear to him, too.

I'm gonna go with Above Average. This and "Namaste" were both really good but "LaFleur" set a high water mark for me this season.

The thing this week and last week had in common were Young Ben-related non-endings. Unless we've been totally bamboozled about "the rules" there's no stakes involved here. We know Ben lives to kill everyone and go on his nefarious spree through the lives of the Losties.

That said, it's forgivable because the ride is still fun as hell. Sayid episodes always rock. There were a little too many shades of Eko's childhood in the teaser but other than that the Sayid flashbacks were all cool. There was nothing earth shattering revealed but I love all that character stuff. Does Sayid think he's a bad guy? Even he's not sure. Until the end when he makes peace with it.

People always give episodes like this grief because it's all "stalling", but if Sayid goes on the war path for the rest of the season (as I think he might) none of that shit would make sense without this. Also, this is the most interesting the quadrangle's been since... well since ever, really. So that stuff's all good too. Although Kate's the weak link as usual. I hope they've got a serious redemption for her character coming up before this thing's all over.

There's more but my mind's still kind of bursting so I'll leave it for later.
Old March 26 2009, 04:06 AM   #35
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
She came back for Sawyer was how I read it.
Old March 26 2009, 04:09 AM   #36
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, we don't really know. From what happened with Desmond I think the facts point to it just happened now, so now all of the sudden Ben is going to "remember" all of this happening all the sudden.
I think we're in for an interesting explanation about what Ben does and doesn't remember from his childhood. I don't think it's going to go down like it did with Desmond. As Faraday said, the rules don't apply to Des, making those sudden memories possible.
Old March 26 2009, 04:12 AM   #37
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

I love all things Dharma. I love Sayid. I liked the episode.

That being said, for some reason it felt a little boring. The thing with him going after Ben wasn't a twist ending...they were telegraphing it the whole time. The minute you saw him kill the chicken you knew he would kill L'il Ben.
Old March 26 2009, 05:39 AM   #38
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Assuming the island rezzes Ben the way it did Locke (twice). That makes Richard and the Hostiles accept Ben as a possible leader.
Old March 26 2009, 05:44 AM   #39
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Yeah, but is healing/resurrection a relatively new development? It would have to be for Richard and the Others to consider Ben special for doing so.

I have a pet theory that maybe Richard somehow has a vision or some other knowledge that the Island will resurrect a guy and he's destined to be their leader. Young Ben comes back to life and Richard assumes it's him. But it's really Locke thirty years later.
Old March 26 2009, 05:45 AM   #40
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

^ agreed. (to Stone Cold Sisko)

I'm sure Roger 'Workman' isn't going to be any nicer to his recovering from being shot son, either.

I can just see it. "You should have died, because you killed your mother."

Last edited by Capn Flukie; March 26 2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: the thread moved in time
Old March 26 2009, 05:56 AM   #41
Arrqh
Vice Admiral

View Arrqh's Twitter Profile

Average. I don't consider it "stalling" or whatever, it's just that this season has been REALLY good and been moving at a quick pace... by comparison this one lacked punch, I thought. The whole thing was just a vehicle to get Sayid to shoot Ben and that intention was pretty clear at the end of last weeks ep.

It was, though, nice to see what happened to Sayid in that bit of time we were missing and his reason for getting on the plane. I assume we'll be seeing what happened to the other characters we're lacking detail on in the next few eps.

Re: Kate's reason... well it looked like her reason was Sawyer in this ep, but given that she was dead set on staying away and then all of a sudden she changed her mind and Aaron seemed to be missing... I don't see her not answering as stalling at all. We just won't see the answer until she gets her next flashback ep
Old March 26 2009, 06:28 AM   #42
Capt. Vulcan
Vice Admiral

Another average for me. Same issues with stalling and predictable plot. Even though I expected Sayid to shoot Ben, it was still cool to see. Love triangle stuff was boring, the Dharma people stuff was pretty boring, Sayid's bits in the past were pretty boring. Sayid's interrogation was interesting, but seemed to kind of peter out before anything REALLY interesting happened. Radzinsky is annoying. The introduction of the bounty hunter could have been cool, but turned out to be boring and pointless. I mean, we already knew she captures Sayid... so the fact that she turned on him isn't going to be a surprise. So the best they could come up with is cliche seduction followed up with a "take off my shoe" and a kick to the face? No doubt they'll do a flashback for her, which is unfortunate because they've already made me not care about her.

My theory is that the island is just out of synch with time, which started when the government buried a nuke on an island already containing strange natural properties. The people are being rezzed and brought to the island as time's natural reaction to heal itself. Or if you think of time as a boat moving through the water dragging buoys, if you yank a buoy out of the water and throw it off to the side, eventually as you go the buoy will fall back in to line on it's path as it did previously. Ben killed Locke full knowing that he would be ressureccted.
Old March 26 2009, 09:45 AM   #43
chrisspringob
Commodore

So wait......do the Dharma people know about time travel or not? In the season premiere, Chang tells that guy in the Orchid that they're drilling because into the rock because there's energy there that will allow them to manipulate time. So, doesn't that mean that the higher ups at Dharma know that something about their mission there has to do with time travel? So when Sayid tells them that he's from the future, do they just totally dismiss that out of hand, or might they think that he might actually be telling the truth?
Old March 26 2009, 09:56 AM   #44
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
So wait......do the Dharma people know about time travel or not? In the season premiere, Chang tells that guy in the Orchid that they're drilling because into the rock because there's energy there that will allow them to manipulate time. So, doesn't that mean that the higher ups at Dharma know that something about their mission there has to do with time travel? So when Sayid tells them that he's from the future, do they just totally dismiss that out of hand, or might they think that he might actually be telling the truth?
The caveat is that we don't know when that scene takes place. It depends on what happened to Daniel. There's a good chance it happened before "LaFleur" chronologically but it could just as easily have happened after. We can assume (I think) that Dr. Chang at least suspects time wackiness by the time he gives Jack his orientation in "Namaste".

Also the Dharma "higher ups" aren't on the island. The one guy who could credibly know about time travel during that period wasn't at Sayid's interrogation, so it's possible that Horace (who's running the show ON the island) has no idea.
Old March 26 2009, 10:27 AM   #45
chrisspringob
Commodore

DeafPoet wrote: View Post
chrisspringob wrote: View Post
The caveat is that we don't know when that scene takes place. It depends on what happened to Daniel. There's a good chance it happened before "LaFleur" chronologically but it could just as easily have happened after. We can assume (I think) that Dr. Chang at least suspects time wackiness by the time he gives Jack his orientation in "Namaste".

Also the Dharma "higher ups" aren't on the island. The one guy who could credibly know about time travel during that period wasn't at Sayid's interrogation, so it's possible that Horace (who's running the show ON the island) has no idea.
It just seems weird that all these people are working for Dharma, yet everyone seems oblivious to what Dharma is actually doing there. They always talk about maintaining the stations and keeping the peace with the Hostiles and so forth, but there's never any mention of the point of Dharma being on the Island. You'd think that would come up a bit more often.

Also, Chang seemed to mention time travel to that guy at the Orchid rather casually. It doesn't actually seem like it was a secret that was being held that tightly. Folks like Horace would presumably know.