RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,683
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 430
Newest member: Enabran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 20 27.40%
Above Average 36 49.32%
Average 17 23.29%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26 2009, 03:21 AM   #16
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Re: Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
It ended with a bang though and I'm curious to see what the side effects are.
It ended with a bang, all right! Since that "bang" seems to have effectively eliminated a certain pivotal figure in the Lost timeline, I wonder if this means we're now supposed to forget everything we think we know about this series. Gotta love a show that keeps you guessing five years in!
Old March 26 2009, 03:23 AM   #17
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
However, a thought just occurred to me, what if it is the gun shot here that causes older Ben in the future to develop that spine problem that Jack had to fix.
Nice. That hadn't even occured to me, despite the fact that the episode containing Ben's back surgery was on the Sci-Fi Channel recently.
Old March 26 2009, 03:24 AM   #18
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I think the other problem I have with this and the Economist is that it makes Sayid too self-guessing and weak. I treasure his character for being so cool and decisive and unhesitating.
I saw him as pretty sharp, quick on his feet and as cool as ever. I don't mind that he has a few issues to grapple with. It's understandable too, since he wants to be a new man yet people around him are trying to label him as a killer who can't change.
Old March 26 2009, 03:24 AM   #19
Mr Light
Admiral

Something tells me that being shot by his trusted Hostile buddy is going to turn Lil' Ben into the malicious bastard he is today. His trust was betrayed in the worst way possible. I bet next episode Alpert will find him in the jungle and heal him back to health, Island Willing.

Old March 26 2009, 03:26 AM   #20
Mr Light
Admiral

Sayid intentionally kept himself around to be tortured and executed rather than escaping. That's not very James Bond

Old March 26 2009, 03:27 AM   #21
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Sayid intentionally kept himself around to be tortured and executed rather than escaping. That's not very James Bond
I got the impression that he thought he was "put there" to kill Ben.
Old March 26 2009, 03:27 AM   #22
roliver
Fleet Captain

Sayid intentionally kept himself around to be tortured and executed rather than escaping.
No, he kept himself around in order to get at Li'l Ben.
Old March 26 2009, 03:28 AM   #23
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Above Average

This episode was a step down from the last few episodes but it was still interesting.

And I'll wade into the time travel discussion as it pertains to Ben...

If young Ben is killed in this episode, old Ben could still be alive (old Ben did not die in his timeline). I guess it depends if the producers are going the Back To The Future route or the scientific route of parallel universes.
Old March 26 2009, 03:30 AM   #24
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Something tells me that being shot by his trusted Hostile buddy is going to turn Lil' Ben into the malicious bastard he is today. His trust was betrayed in the worst way possible. I bet next episode Alpert will find him in the jungle and heal him back to health, Island Willing.
Wouldn't being shot by a hostile make him ditrust the hostiles? Why would he join the hostiles after a hostile shot him?
Old March 26 2009, 03:31 AM   #25
Mr Light
Admiral

Alright, that's a better interpretation. I guess nobody got a chance to explain the time travel rules to him eh?

Old March 26 2009, 03:32 AM   #26
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

^His pal Richard will let him know that Sayid was no hostile.

LJ

LJ2
Old March 26 2009, 03:34 AM   #27
Mr Light
Admiral

Maybe he'll come to revere Richard for saving his life, but at the same time secretly despise the Hostiles in general for Sayid's betrayal. After all, Ben is often of two minds on things.

Old March 26 2009, 03:35 AM   #28
Legolas
Commodore

Oh I forgot about the ending, heh. On the hand it was shocking since we know Ben doesn't die... on the other hand it's a cheap fake-out because we KNOW Young Ben doesn't get killed there so it's just there to end the episode on. The time travel rules have been established, "Whatever Happened, Happened", Ben can't die in 1977.

However, a thought just occurred to me, what if it is the gun shot here that causes older Ben in the future to develop that spine problem that Jack had to fix.
I dont think it works that way because it didnt happen yet and ben would have recognized sayid when he first appeared on the island, right?

America
1776-2004
Old March 26 2009, 03:36 AM   #29
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Legolas wrote: View Post
Oh I forgot about the ending, heh. On the hand it was shocking since we know Ben doesn't die... on the other hand it's a cheap fake-out because we KNOW Young Ben doesn't get killed there so it's just there to end the episode on. The time travel rules have been established, "Whatever Happened, Happened", Ben can't die in 1977.

I dont think it works that way because it didnt happen yet and ben would have recognized sayid when he first appeared on the island, right?
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, we don't really know. From what happened with Desmond I think the facts point to it just happened now, so now all of the sudden Ben is going to "remember" all of this happening all the sudden.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 26 2009, 03:40 AM   #30
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Average. It wasn't slow but it wasn't nearly as interesting as what we've been getting. The ending was a shocker but I can't see it having much of a lasting effect. I felt this episode could've been halved.