Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 20 27.40%
Above Average 36 49.32%
Average 17 23.29%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 25 2009, 04:05 AM   #1
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Lost 5x10: "He's Our You".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"He's Our You"

"Things begin to unravel when one of the survivors goes rogue and takes matters into their own hands, risking the lives of everyone on the island." - Wikipedia
Old March 25 2009, 04:08 AM   #2
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile
Re: Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Can't wait! Too bad I'll probably be sitting through that awful Better OffTed first.

*gets out the sugar cubes*
Old March 25 2009, 01:13 PM   #3
cubbie
Vice Admiral

It's Wednesday!!
Old March 25 2009, 05:37 PM   #4
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

Just watched the sneak peeks....excellent...I was a bit worried with this season because I found a lot of the Ajira 316 stuff and the Jeremy Bentham episode kind of disappointing but it looks like things are back on track now, we're gearing up toward the season finale and I love it.
Old March 25 2009, 08:57 PM   #5
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

I can't wait!

LJ

LJ2
Old March 25 2009, 09:48 PM   #6
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
Just watched the sneak peeks....excellent...I was a bit worried with this season because I found a lot of the Ajira 316 stuff and the Jeremy Bentham episode kind of disappointing but it looks like things are back on track now, we're gearing up toward the season finale and I love it.
I was a little worried the show turning into Quantum Leap. Things are developing very nicely, now.
Old March 26 2009, 03:07 AM   #7
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

The first 3/4th's were average and the last 1/4th was excellent. Good performances by Andrews and Holloway but this episode just wasn't as interesting as the previous few weeks. It ended with a bang though and I'm curious to see what the side effects are.
Old March 26 2009, 03:11 AM   #8
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

A little slower tonight than the past few, still entertaining, and the end was WOW WHOA WTF, I give this episode an Above Average, nice to have a moment there going back to the original flash back format.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 26 2009, 03:12 AM   #9
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Above Average. It was an exciting episode.

- The flashback format is back.

- I was genuinely afraid for Sayid both when Horace showed up with the cutter and when he was tied tot he tree.

- I see that a lot of you thought it was slow, but I thought it was pretty fast paced, or at least faster paced than episodes usually were in the first four seasons.

- So, Sayid did know that he was in the past. Guess Sawyer explained things to him afterall? Is that cleared up from last week?
Old March 26 2009, 03:12 AM   #10
Mr Light
Admiral

Like "The Economist" before it, I'm only gonna give it 3 out of 4 stars despite the fact that Sayid is one of my favorite characters.

The episode just didn't feel very revelatory or exciting. It was very old-school LOST even replete with the symbolic childhood flashback. The only thing we really learned was a bit more about Ilana, who turns out to be boring and unimportant to the greater scheme of things. Also, the end of his assassin relationship with Ben was similarly disappointing and just there.

I think the other problem I have with this and the Economist is that it makes Sayid too self-guessing and weak. I treasure his character for being so cool and decisive and unhesitating. Either that or his lady straight hair

I didn't like the way Sayid went on this whole unnecessary S1-Sawyer-esque routine of self punishing himself by acting as a bad guy for Dharma to torture. I didn't like seeing this in Sayid.

I was expecting to get more stuff with Young Ben and Sayid, but what there was was good. I didn't know Roger was going to be in the episode so that was a nice suprise, and I liked Sayid's reaction to seeing Lil' Ben getting beaten up.

While I really like the two previous Dharma episodes, this one just didn't feel as much "fun". I guess because we didn't really learn anything new.

Old March 26 2009, 03:12 AM   #11
cubbie
Vice Admiral

My first average for the season only because the first 45 minutes were too slow. Ended with a nice bang though
Old March 26 2009, 03:14 AM   #12
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

^He knew he was in the past the moment little Ben showed up

Above average...it had a slow burn effect until the end

"Uh, can we get a different flight?"

LJ

LJ2
Old March 26 2009, 03:15 AM   #13
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh I forgot about the ending, heh. On the hand it was shocking since we know Ben doesn't die... on the other hand it's a cheap fake-out because we KNOW Young Ben doesn't get killed there so it's just there to end the episode on. The time travel rules have been established, "Whatever Happened, Happened", Ben can't die in 1977.

Old March 26 2009, 03:17 AM   #14
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Oh I forgot about the ending, heh. On the hand it was shocking since we know Ben doesn't die... on the other hand it's a cheap fake-out because we KNOW Young Ben doesn't get killed there so it's just there to end the episode on. The time travel rules have been established, "Whatever Happened, Happened", Ben can't die in 1977.
This is true, we know it has been established what the rules are, so killing Ben is kind of cheap here, we know he won't die.

However, a thought just occurred to me, what if it is the gun shot here that causes older Ben in the future to develop that spine problem that Jack had to fix.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 26 2009, 03:18 AM   #15
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

Brent wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
This is true, we know it has been established what the rules are, so killing Ben is kind of cheap here, we know he won't die.

However, a thought just occurred to me, what if it is the gun shot here that causes older Ben in the future to develop that spine problem that Jack had to fix.
Oh...there's an idea!

LJ

LJ2