RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,366
Posts: 5,503,678
Members: 25,124
Currently online: 611
Newest member: traedoril

TrekToday headlines

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old March 25 2009, 04:00 PM   #46
cbspock
Rear Admiral
 
cbspock's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
Re: Bear's Finale Music

What other TV series has had such an intricate soundtrack as Galactica. The characters all had "themes" that carried through the series. Galactica had some really memorable cues, almost like the original Star Trek series.


-Chris
__________________
"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."-Shania
cbspock is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 06:04 PM   #47
David cgc
Vice Admiral
 
David cgc's Avatar
 
Re: Bear's Finale Music

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
Aaaaaand I still want the "B-sides", some of the tracks from previous seasons not on CD yet... I recall some music cues from Lay Down Your Burdens I'd love to have on my iPod. I hope they still bring out a "Bonus" CD.
Well, the idea is still apparently in his head.
Originally posted by Bear McCreary
As of this writing, my plan is to produce a 2-CD ALBUM. The first disc would cover He That Believeth through Islanded in a Stream of Stars. The second disc would basically just be Daybreak. I’m thinking that cues from Razor and The Plan would be included in an upcoming box-set of unreleased material. I’m not opposed to putting a few choice Razor cuts on the Season 4 album, but honestly, there’s so much incredible music from the other episodes, my gut instinct is to hold on to Razor for a separate release.
__________________
“I come here to have fun and fuck around merrily. I expect to showered by all kind of random crap.”
iguana_tonante
David cgc is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 07:33 PM   #48
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral
 
Re: Bear's Finale Music

The best piece of music from the finale imo was Adama sitting on the hill alongside Roslin's grave. Really big epic stuff there. Had it ended right there that woulda been a perfect ending (sans the missing answers of course)
Stone_Cold_Sisko is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 07:56 PM   #49
Searider Falcon
Fleet Captain
 
Searider Falcon's Avatar
 
View Searider Falcon's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Searider Falcon Send a message via AIM to Searider Falcon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Searider Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Searider Falcon
Re: Bear's Finale Music

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
The best piece of music from the finale imo was Adama sitting on the hill alongside Roslin's grave. Really big epic stuff there. Had it ended right there that woulda been a perfect ending (sans the missing answers of course)
Agreed. In fact, when I view that episode in the future, I intend to stop it right there.
__________________
"If you're my subconscious, I've gotta say you're a little full of myself."

http://seariderfalcon.livejournal.com
Searider Falcon is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 08:52 PM   #50
Harvey
Admiral
 
Harvey's Avatar
 
Re: Bear's Finale Music

David cgc wrote: View Post
The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
Aaaaaand I still want the "B-sides", some of the tracks from previous seasons not on CD yet... I recall some music cues from Lay Down Your Burdens I'd love to have on my iPod. I hope they still bring out a "Bonus" CD.
Well, the idea is still apparently in his head.
Originally posted by Bear McCreary
As of this writing, my plan is to produce a 2-CD ALBUM. The first disc would cover He That Believeth through Islanded in a Stream of Stars. The second disc would basically just be Daybreak. I’m thinking that cues from Razor and The Plan would be included in an upcoming box-set of unreleased material. I’m not opposed to putting a few choice Razor cuts on the Season 4 album, but honestly, there’s so much incredible music from the other episodes, my gut instinct is to hold on to Razor for a separate release.
That is frakin' good news if it holds up to be true. A box set? Can't wait, even if it means rebuying the previous CDs.
__________________
"This begs explanation." - de Forest Research on Star Trek

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 08:54 PM   #51
cbspock
Rear Admiral
 
cbspock's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
Re: Bear's Finale Music

I agree, I would have been happy with the ending of Adama on the hill. Leave the rest up to the viewer to figure out.


-Chris
__________________
"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."-Shania
cbspock is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 09:01 PM   #52
Solstice
Sexy Wizard
 
Solstice's Avatar
 
Location: I'm so lost T_T
View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Bear's Finale Music

A whole CD of "Daybreak"? Holy shit!
__________________
Robert Maxwell
I has a blag.
I put on my robe and wizard hat...
Solstice is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 09:11 PM   #53
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral
 
Warp Coil's Avatar
 
Location: MD, USA
Re: Bear's Finale Music

This soundtrack can't come fast enough! There's so much incredible music in season 4!
__________________
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 09:17 PM   #54
Irvy
Commander
 
Location: N Ireland
Re: Bear's Finale Music

The music was a big part of the whole show for me, and the finale was no exception. Blew me away entirely.
Irvy is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 09:36 PM   #55
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral
 
TheGodBen's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Bear's Finale Music

I have to say, this part of Bear's blog really stood out:

In an unprecedented move, the producers and I each pitched in personally to make [affording the orchestra] happen. We all pooled our resources together because we knew how important the full orchestra would be to Daybreak. The orchestra you’re hearing in this episode would not be there without the combined contributions and efforts of Ron Moore, David Eick, Jane Espenson, Michael Taylor, Bradley Thompson, David Weddle, Todd Sharp, Paul M. Leonard, myself and several others.
Wow, it seems like as if the producers and Bear himself paid for the orchestra from their own pocket in order to make the music as epic as they could. It just shows the love that all these guys had for the show.
__________________
...so many different suns...
TheGodBen is offline  
Old March 25 2009, 10:00 PM   #56
cbspock
Rear Admiral
 
cbspock's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
Re: Bear's Finale Music

GodBen wrote: View Post
I have to say, this part of Bear's blog really stood out:

In an unprecedented move, the producers and I each pitched in personally to make [affording the orchestra] happen. We all pooled our resources together because we knew how important the full orchestra would be to Daybreak. The orchestra you’re hearing in this episode would not be there without the combined contributions and efforts of Ron Moore, David Eick, Jane Espenson, Michael Taylor, Bradley Thompson, David Weddle, Todd Sharp, Paul M. Leonard, myself and several others.
Wow, it seems like as if the producers and Bear himself paid for the orchestra from their own pocket in order to make the music as epic as they could. It just shows the love that all these guys had for the show.

Now that is dedication!! RDM never mentioned that bit in his podcast. I am glad he slipped in the original BSG theme, and the vfx guys copied the fleet shot from the original series.

Look how far Galactica has come, the original had a casino planet, the new one had strip clubs.


-Chris
__________________
"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."-Shania
cbspock is offline  
Old March 26 2009, 01:21 AM   #57
ncc74302
Captain
 
Location: Charleston, SC
Send a message via AIM to ncc74302 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ncc74302 Send a message via Yahoo to ncc74302
Re: Bear's Finale Music

cbspock wrote: View Post
GodBen wrote: View Post
I have to say, this part of Bear's blog really stood out:

In an unprecedented move, the producers and I each pitched in personally to make [affording the orchestra] happen. We all pooled our resources together because we knew how important the full orchestra would be to Daybreak. The orchestra you’re hearing in this episode would not be there without the combined contributions and efforts of Ron Moore, David Eick, Jane Espenson, Michael Taylor, Bradley Thompson, David Weddle, Todd Sharp, Paul M. Leonard, myself and several others.
Wow, it seems like as if the producers and Bear himself paid for the orchestra from their own pocket in order to make the music as epic as they could. It just shows the love that all these guys had for the show.

Now that is dedication!! RDM never mentioned that bit in his podcast. I am glad he slipped in the original BSG theme, and the vfx guys copied the fleet shot from the original series.

Look how far Galactica has come, the original had a casino planet, the new one had strip clubs.


-Chris
I found it very interesting that Bear slipped in the theme as a nod to the original without even knowing that RDM had given that directive to the VFX guys to do the same thing.

Side note: he also mentions he's releasing the Caprica soundtrack next month right around the time the DVD is coming out.
ncc74302 is offline  
Old March 26 2009, 01:43 AM   #58
IndyJones
Vice Admiral
 
IndyJones's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago
Re: Bear's Finale Music

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
The best piece of music from the finale imo was Adama sitting on the hill alongside Roslin's grave. Really big epic stuff there. Had it ended right there that woulda been a perfect ending (sans the missing answers of course)
That was a great use of the 'The Shape of Things to Come' theme.
__________________
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline  
Old March 26 2009, 01:44 AM   #59
David cgc
Vice Admiral
 
David cgc's Avatar
 
Re: Bear's Finale Music

Part of me almost thinks the coda would've worked better as a post-credits sequence.
__________________
“I come here to have fun and fuck around merrily. I expect to showered by all kind of random crap.”
iguana_tonante
David cgc is offline  
Old March 26 2009, 03:18 AM   #60
ATimson
Rear Admiral
 
ATimson's Avatar
 
Location: Andrew Timson
Re: Bear's Finale Music

ncc74302 wrote: View Post
I found it very interesting that Bear slipped in the theme as a nod to the original without even knowing that RDM had given that directive to the VFX guys to do the same thing.
Now, now. With these VFX guys, they're probably the ones with the idea to do that. (Much like they were the ones who wanted to use the classic Centurions that had been put to "other uses" as Six said in the mini.)
__________________
Andrew Timson
===============
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others." - Brendan Moody

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is online now  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
bear mcreary, daybreak, music, soundtrack

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.