New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 22 2009, 01:42 PM   #16
empty
Captain

Re: Damn there was, like, no plot at all in the finale

Damn, the OP was meant to be a sarcastic response to all the people who complained before the finale about some of Moore's comments and thought basically that nothing was going to happen in the finale.

Whether you liked it or not - and I loved it, the ambiguities and all - you can't deny that there were like at least 5 different, really strong plotlines interwoven into the episode.
Old March 22 2009, 08:19 PM   #17
Neroon
Mod of balance

Phily B wrote: View Post
V wrote: View Post
Ron Moore openly described the last few writers meetings as, "we kept thinking about "plot" but then I realized "screw it, this is about the characters!" so I went in and wrote in big letters "Its about the characters" on our dry erase board"

On the one hand it was entertaining, but in all seriousness I'm increasingly perturbed...infuriated.....that there was no real "Truth" to reveal, that there were NO answers about Starbuck, and her character arc made no sense.
Only if you're retarded.

She died. God/Whatever you thought it to be made her a "head Baltar/Six" to the rest of the fleet.
Whoa. there's no cause for that. I know emotions are running high at the conclusion of this hugely popular show.... but that's not an excuse. Cool it before it gets you into more trouble.
- Proverbs 12:20
Old March 22 2009, 08:32 PM   #18
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Plot:

Colonials grab Hera, attempt peace plan with Cylons. Tyrol goes apeshit on Tory over Cally's murder, screws up peace plan. Cavil commits suicide out of disappointment and the Cylon threat dies with him (plus Racetrack may have blown up their homeworld, that part was murky as hell). Kara uses her preternatural knowledge of the music of Bob Dylan to jump the gang to the real Earth. Lee decides they should all live like cavemen. Sam flies RTF into the Sun, Kara goes to join him in the great beyond, having been dead all along, and various people settle various parts of the world, the end.

In the modern day, humans start to invent robots. Since humans are all part robotic anyway, courtesy of Hera, this will work out ok this time round. The end pt II.

It seems some people are getting more disillusioned with the finale the more they think about it.
It helps if you stop expecting logic and just appreciate the style. It's been apparent for a long time that this show isn't really about logic, and the whole God's Plan thing is an "out" to avoid it needing to be about logic. Whether you think this is cheap of the writers or acceptable is up to the individual. I've certainly found it tiresome on occasion myself.
Old March 23 2009, 09:30 PM   #19
Top41

I think there were simply too many character arcs to wrap up to fit in too much plot. Besides, the way the show was set up, you really needed to see what happened to them in the end. If they'd landed on Earth and that was it, I think a lot of people would have felt short-changed. Rosalin had been dying more or less for four years--to end the story without that final scene between her and Adama would have felt like cheating. And though I'm one of the ones still scratching my head about Starbuck, I think we needed some sort of resolution there.

And I kind of liked the 150,000 years later bit.