Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 300 71.94%
Above Average 59 14.15%
Average 20 4.80%
Below Average 19 4.56%
Poor 19 4.56%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 21 2009, 04:22 AM   #91
Trek4Ever
Fleet Captain

Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

W.O.W.

Fracking episode left me speechless. Bravo!
Old March 21 2009, 04:22 AM   #92
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

So It doesn't like to be called "God", I wonder what it is?!! Some kind of powerful alien force controlling everything? Maybe The Lords of Light? So many theories, I find that fascinating.

Anyway, I enjoyed this finale, I really like the ending, they got it all in there, it wasn't as fast wrap up like some other shows. I can't wait for The Plan to answer more questions. My only gripe is not learning what Kara was, but my theory is she was a head-angel like head-Baltar and Six. She was used for a purpose by 'It that doesn't like to be called God'

I give this finale an Excellent, and I give this series as a whole an Excellent.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 21 2009, 04:23 AM   #93
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Brent wrote: View Post
She was used for a purpose by 'It that doesn't like to be called God'
Something about the way she said that...really gave me the creeps.

As if it wasn't God, but...
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old March 21 2009, 04:24 AM   #94
nx1701g
Admiral

Question: Are the lower rankings the same every week?
Old March 21 2009, 04:24 AM   #95
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Am I alone in thinking that Roslin looked frakking hot during that last flashback?
Old March 21 2009, 04:25 AM   #96
the_wildcard
Rear Admiral

It would have been nice if they showed how they all were in 5-10 years but hey it was the end that was the most important and that is 150,000 years later, it's us, lol.
Old March 21 2009, 04:25 AM   #97
grabmygoblin
Commodore

had to rely on a literal Deus es Machina to tie together all the story arcs, but it doesn't take enough away from the story to hurt my overall "FUCK YEAH" opinion.
Old March 21 2009, 04:26 AM   #98
Tom Servo
Commodore

I gave it an excellent. Not enough good things to say about it!

Member of Red Sox Nation
Old March 21 2009, 04:26 AM   #99
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

You know, this is one finale where I get a sense of emotion like I don't really want to talk about it because it happened and it's sinking in. It's hard to describe because it's a good feeling. I will say this is my last post in this forum because I think this finale left me speechless and with nothing more to say. Again, that's a good thing. There's just this large buildup of emotion, sadness, joy, happiness, and relief in that I'm glad I watched this series, and I'm glad it ended really really well. I'm sure someone will be able to describe this feeling a whole lot more than I can but with everything I've been criticizing the series about through it's run, I feel that I've been fulfilled enough where I really just want it to sink in and not worry about talking about it anymore.

Some thoughts I do have

-That was a well done finale and wrapped things up really well. From the battle, to the answers like the Opera House and breaking the cycle, and seeing the final 5 together.

-As for Starbuck, in a why I think I got that answered too. I think I can just do what I did before the Internet, and imagine who she is and think about it. Right now, I think she was kind of the ultra angel, maybe for Lee. I don't mean just for Lee, but for the entire fleet. The ship, the crew, but mostly for Lee. We do see Lee turn around and she is gone, and that's when it it me that she might be maybe the queen of angels. I don't know, but it's fun to wonder.

-I didn't really like the Coda at the end but that doesn't hurt the episode. I just felt that Adama sitting on the cliff with Roslin was the perfect ending to this show and anything else just felt like rubbing it in as an inside joke to the fans. I got a chuckle out of it, but don't think it was really necessary. I will say though at least it didn't end like the last year jump ended, with the Cylons coming in and taking over.

-I did appreciate that this episode wasn't dark, or didn't conclude dark. Everyone felt happy, even though I wonder why is it with a series finale everyone has to split up. One of the things I loved about TNG's was that they didn't split up.

-Speaking of TNG's, I will say this finale was very good and probably tied with TNG's. I said earlier in the week that TNG is the standard in which I judge finales, and I left this one very satisfied.

-Bear McCreary should get a Grammy, Emmy, and Oscar for his work with the music. I had also hoped we had gotten some Kobal's Last Gleaming stuff (Specifically Shape of Things to Come) and we did. The revelation about the opera house was one of my favorite scenes in the entire show.

Well, that's it. I'm still subscribed to the forum to see other reactions and maybe react, but after this weekend, I'm done with this forum. I don't know if I'm coming back for Caprica, or Even the Plan, so maybe I might change my mind, but we'll see.

To all those people I talked with about this show over the years, it's been a hell of a ride. We've had disagreements, agreements, and I even learned the dictionary isn't the be all and end all of words this week from a writer. Who knew. Anyway, it's been fun and see you on the other parts of the board. I love Sports, so that's the forum I call home these days, but the Trek boards, Misc, and the TV forum is where I go. As for BSG, it's a wrap, and I'm glad it went out on top. This series really is legit, and through it's bumps and bruises and disagreements along the way, how it ended tonight made all of it worth it.
Old March 21 2009, 04:26 AM   #100
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post

- Cavil's group kind of just went away too easily it seemed.
"
I'm glad you brought that up...

BSG 2010! John's Forces finally reach Earth after 150,000 years and is still REALLY pissed off and blows Earth to hell, thus starting the whoel thing over!
Old March 21 2009, 04:27 AM   #101
IrritatingGameOfChess
Lieutenant Commander

I liked it but it didn't blow me away...I don't need EVERY loose end tied up, but I was looking forward to learning who/what Kara was. The lack of an explanation there was a little unsatisfying.

Perhaps the expectations were too high, but I certainly enjoyed it and it was worth watching.
Old March 21 2009, 04:27 AM   #102
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain

I don't know if Kara was exactly the same, Head Baltar and Head Six couldn't physically interact.
Old March 21 2009, 04:27 AM   #103
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

Average. I didn't get choked up at any moment.

They never explained what Kara was, who God was, what head Baltar and head Six are.

I wasn't surprised by the Second Earth thing...they either had to find our earth in the past, present or future...I'm ok with what they picked. I guess.

So Hera was Mitochondrial Eve and we are all half human/half cylon. Whoopdee shit.
Old March 21 2009, 04:27 AM   #104
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Chess Piece Face wrote: View Post
So Hera was Mitochondrial Eve and we are all half human/half cylon. Whoopdee shit.
It wasn't Hera, it was the child of Baltar and Caprica-Six.

I think.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old March 21 2009, 04:28 AM   #105
Goliath
Vice Admiral

I started watching the finale thinking just one thing:

"Please. Just--don't suck."

And I was pleased.

It didn't suck.

I didn't think it was quite "excellent," but definitely "above average."