RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,818
Currently online: 411
Newest member: Thomas Eugene

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 20 2009, 11:03 PM   #1201
Twilight
Vice Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Berg417448 wrote: View Post
I think they were the same ones that were posted on IMDB and TPR. If they are, considering RDM's comments about the "cult of Daniel" on the latest podcast I wouldn't put too much stock in most of them.

All of those previous TPR spoilers were revealed to be complete crap. They were only taken seriously in the first place because they sounded plausible, but apparently they were pure speculation on the part of some random IMDB poster.
Old March 21 2009, 12:47 AM   #1202
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Twilight wrote: View Post
All of those previous TPR spoilers were revealed to be complete crap. They were only taken seriously in the first place because they sounded plausible, but apparently they were pure speculation on the part of some random IMDB poster.
Reports are saying that the finale ends with a strange coda, which lends credence to the "present-day NYC" story.
Old March 21 2009, 05:58 AM   #1203
nx1701g
Admiral

JKTim wrote: View Post
Reports are saying that the finale ends with a strange coda, which lends credence to the "present-day NYC" story.
That was how it ended. HeadBaltar and HeadSix were revealed to be angels sent by God to help humanity reach Earth. They were on Earth when the bones of Hera were found in Africa.
Old March 21 2009, 09:14 AM   #1204
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Entering and posting in this thread for the first time ever. How novel. Better get out before "The Plan" spoilers start rolling in.
Old March 21 2009, 07:20 PM   #1205
Twilight
Vice Admiral

So it turns out that those spoilers posted were totally inaccurate in several major cases but weirdly correct in others ... makes you think that the poster only saw a few 5 minutes segments of the actual episode ...

"Adama stays with Roslin aboard the ruins of Galactica, where she dies"? Um, no.

150,000 yrs later to NYC? Yes.

"Cavil gives them the location of a planet he knew of". Way off.

And yet he pretty accurately described the raid on the colony (save for his description of Helo's fate).

so how could he be so accurate on several aspects but completely off on others? Good speculation?

You have to guess that he never saw any of the episode, because he got one MAJOR aspect wrong (about Kara and Baltar being siblings, and the children of Daniel).
Old March 21 2009, 09:14 PM   #1206
Harvey
Admiral

Maybe the guy read a very early draft of the script, or an early outline?

Or maybe he worked from spoilers we had, and episodes that had come before, and came up with some logical speculation.

Or maybe he was just bullshitting us all, and got lucky.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old March 22 2009, 07:30 AM   #1207
nx1701g
Admiral

And yet he pretty accurately described the raid on the colony (save for his description of Helo's fate).
I read somewhere that Tahmoh petitioned them to change his ending so that Helo survived. Stockwell did the same with Cavil (Tigh was going to kill Cavil in the original script).

You have to guess that he never saw any of the episode, because he got one MAJOR aspect wrong (about Kara and Baltar being siblings, and the children of Daniel).
That would have been pretty gross considering they had sex in season one.
Old March 22 2009, 04:21 PM   #1208
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

nx1701g wrote: View Post
I read somewhere that Tahmoh petitioned them to change his ending so that Helo survived. Stockwell did the same with Cavil (Tigh was going to kill Cavil in the original script).
Correct on both counts. As originally scripted, Helo bled out on the deck and died, while Tigh flung Cavil off the upper deck of the CIC. Dean Stockwell called Moore and suggested the suicide, while Penikett said that after all of the shit Helo went through, he didn't want to go out like that.
Old March 22 2009, 06:21 PM   #1209
DBR
Vice Admiral

Correct on both counts. As originally scripted, Helo bled out on the deck and died, while Tigh flung Cavil off the upper deck of the CIC. Dean Stockwell called Moore and suggested the suicide, while Penikett said that after all of the shit Helo went through, he didn't want to go out like that.

I'm quite glad Helo survived, he did go through a hell of a lot, and he ended up being one of my favourite characters. Couldn't give less of a shit about Cavil, though.
Old March 22 2009, 06:29 PM   #1210
Campe98
Commodore

Ya know, I loved the finale, but what was sincerely lacking in it was any sense of real danger... They needed to kill one of the regulars (not Racetrack) very early on in the battle to give the idea that, hey, these guys aren't safe. Didn't necessarily need to be Helo, but it needed to be someone.
Old March 22 2009, 11:48 PM   #1211
Harvey
Admiral

Campe98 wrote: View Post
Ya know, I loved the finale, but what was sincerely lacking in it was any sense of real danger... They needed to kill one of the regulars (not Racetrack) very early on in the battle to give the idea that, hey, these guys aren't safe. Didn't necessarily need to be Helo, but it needed to be someone.
The problem is they spent season four killing of three prominent secondary characters (four if you count Zarek): Gaeta, Dualla, and Cally. Season three was spent killing off prominent tertiary characters: Duck, Jammer, and Kat. Out of the main characters, Starbuck was already dead, Roslin was dead by the end of the epiosde, Lee and Bill survived, Six and Baltar survived, and Athena lived/Boomer died.

So, I agree with you, but who would be killed doesn't immediately leap out to me.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old March 23 2009, 07:56 PM   #1212
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

DBR wrote: View Post
I'm quite glad Helo survived, he did go through a hell of a lot, and he ended up being one of my favourite characters.
Same here; I always rooted for him.
Old March 24 2009, 12:22 AM   #1213
Campe98
Commodore

Hirogen Alpha wrote: View Post
Campe98 wrote: View Post
The problem is they spent season four killing of three prominent secondary characters (four if you count Zarek): Gaeta, Dualla, and Cally. Season three was spent killing off prominent tertiary characters: Duck, Jammer, and Kat. Out of the main characters, Starbuck was already dead, Roslin was dead by the end of the epiosde, Lee and Bill survived, Six and Baltar survived, and Athena lived/Boomer died.

So, I agree with you, but who would be killed doesn't immediately leap out to me.
And I agree with that sentiment. Its hard from the outset as to who that might be. I figure take a page from Serenity and kill the one character who you would least expect to kill and I've been thinking on this one for awhile: I think it should have been Lee. It should have been done in front of Kara, who would have gone all berserk. You change some story points around to have Kara make it to CIC as well, or at the very least contact Adama to let him know his son didn't make it. In fact, I like that better. Just as that's happening, you see Cavil's forces break into CIC and Bill goes apeshit. You continue on with the rest of the story as is, with the exception of having Bill lose everyone, which makes his desire to be alone even more understandable: his son's dead, Kara disappears (either to him or to Tigh) and Roslin is about to die. It makes the emotion even more resonant because out of the main 4, Adama's the only one to survive.

Or it could be Helo. Have it be definitive and tie it in with Roslin's story. Have her put the black X on his head. That packs a punch, and makes it resonate in a different way.

Either way, it says it could happen to anyone. I even thought during part where Cavil's in CIC and Baltar's waxing intellectual that Cavil was just gonna say, "Moron" and shoot Baltar in the head.
Old March 24 2009, 03:30 AM   #1214
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Hello all! This is my first post in this thread...I figured, why the frak not?

while Penikett said that after all of the shit Helo went through, he didn't want to go out like that.
Oh please - like they didn't all go through shit? Helo's such a whiner and not to have him die was a cop-out. I hope he got eaten by a pack of hyenas. (It's a given that anyone injured like he was, in a wild environment with no medical help - thanks a lot, Lee! - wouldn't last long.)

And Cavil's suicide was more surprising than Tigh killing him, but really out of character.

Better get out before "The Plan" spoilers start rolling in.
Oops! Didn't think of that.
Old March 24 2009, 06:52 PM   #1215
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I have your "Plan" spoilers right here; Cavil's plan doesn't work out!