RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,894
Posts: 5,330,465
Members: 24,555
Currently online: 546
Newest member: berlyn

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 300 71.94%
Above Average 59 14.15%
Average 20 4.80%
Below Average 19 4.56%
Poor 19 4.56%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools
Old March 20 2009, 04:06 AM   #46
Gregsmack
Captain
 
Gregsmack's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

^ Probably not as high. As a series finale, a lot of people may be disappointed. This is pretty much what it all comes down to. It's one thing to make a single pivotal episode, but to have a unanimously adored finale is something entirely different.

Which is not to say it won't be incredible, but different strokes for different folks.
__________________
"Lay off the Greeks. They invented civilization."
Gregsmack is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 06:13 AM   #47
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Gregsmack wrote: View Post
^ Probably not as high. As a series finale, a lot of people may be disappointed. This is pretty much what it all comes down to. It's one thing to make a single pivotal episode, but to have a unanimously adored finale is something entirely different.

Which is not to say it won't be incredible, but different strokes for different folks.
I've seen it quoted quite a bit and I think I too have the same view, but this episode will go a long way towards me thinking if this was a good series or not. I know a lot of people love this show and even if it's just watching Tigh or Adama drink, it would still be awesome (Perhaps that's a bit of an overexaggeration, but it helps the point), I feel there is a lot riding on this episode because it's the end of the series and the writers have made a lot riding on this episode. I hope it's good, I can't wait, but there is still a part of me that is really wondering what to expect and whether or not I will be slightly (or more) disappointed when it's all said and done.
SJSharksfan39 is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 08:40 AM   #48
Aragorn
Admiral
 
Aragorn's Avatar
 
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Kelso wrote: View Post
How come the poll only goes up to Excellent? What are we supposed to do if it is better than that?


Haven't you seen This is Spinal Tap?
It is forbidden to have "Robau" be an option on internet message board polls.
Aragorn is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 09:42 AM   #49
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral
 
Mutenroshi's Avatar
 
Location: Mutenroshi
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Seven Of Five wrote: View Post
So the poll should go:

Godlike
Ascension
Fatality
Super Fantastico
Excellent

Excellent being the worst option of course.
If I rearrange a wee bit your list, it goes like this:

Godlike
Ascension
Fatality
Fantastico
Excellent
Super

Uncanny!


__________________
Let There Be Rock!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 11:38 AM   #50
Hunter X
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Vancouver
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

I'm calling the final scene right now, totally speculation:

It's going to go back to Leoben's line in Flesh and Blood about how all of this has happened before, and all of it will again, except everyone will be cast in different roles. We're going to see the colonies again in the far, far future, established, perhaps right before/during/after the attacks. All of it will be happening again and we'll see all of our familiar actors again, only they'll be in the rolls of different characters. Apollo will be Baltar, Adama will be Cavil, Cavil will be Adama, Tigh will be Starbuck.

You get the idea.
Hunter X is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 01:03 PM   #51
cbspock
Rear Admiral
 
cbspock's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Hunter X wrote: View Post
I'm calling the final scene right now, totally speculation:

It's going to go back to Leoben's line in Flesh and Blood about how all of this has happened before, and all of it will again, except everyone will be cast in different roles. We're going to see the colonies again in the far, far future, established, perhaps right before/during/after the attacks. All of it will be happening again and we'll see all of our familiar actors again, only they'll be in the rolls of different characters. Apollo will be Baltar, Adama will be Cavil, Cavil will be Adama, Tigh will be Starbuck.

You get the idea.
I was thinking of that as well. I don't know how they would pull it off, unless everything goes black and then we see starbuck running in the corridors of Galactica etc,


-Chris
__________________
"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."-Shania
cbspock is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 05:06 PM   #52
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

This is interesting....

Question: Got any good scoop for the Battlestar finale? --Andrew
Ausiello:
This much I'll say: If you're a fan of BSG's third and current fourth seasons, then you'll probably love Friday's two-hour send-off.
I hated the third season and a lot of the 4th season!!!!!
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 05:08 PM   #53
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
This is interesting....

Question: Got any good scoop for the Battlestar finale? --Andrew
Ausiello:
This much I'll say: If you're a fan of BSG's third and current fourth seasons, then you'll probably love Friday's two-hour send-off.
I hated the third season and a lot of the 4th season!!!!!
That is an interesting quote. Pity the follow-up question was "what about those who loved the the first 2 seasons?" Would have been nice to know.
SJSharksfan39 is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 05:21 PM   #54
cbspock
Rear Admiral
 
cbspock's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

How about people stop bitching about the finale until after you see it. This is all starting to sound like the Star Trek forum for the new movie.


-Chris
__________________
"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."-Shania
cbspock is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 05:26 PM   #55
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

cbspock wrote: View Post
How about people stop bitching about the finale until after you see it. This is all starting to sound like the Star Trek forum for the new movie.


-Chris
I'm trying not to bitch about the finale, and I hope it is good, but there is nothing wrong with responding to biased articles.
SJSharksfan39 is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 05:43 PM   #56
Adm. Bonz
Rear Admiral
 
Adm. Bonz's Avatar
 
Location: Florida
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
This is interesting....

Question: Got any good scoop for the Battlestar finale? --Andrew
Ausiello:
This much I'll say: If you're a fan of BSG's third and current fourth seasons, then you'll probably love Friday's two-hour send-off.
I hated the third season and a lot of the 4th season!!!!!
Then I'm gonna love it!
__________________
I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where
the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
- George Carlin
Adm. Bonz is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 06:07 PM   #57
cbspock
Rear Admiral
 
cbspock's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
cbspock wrote: View Post
How about people stop bitching about the finale until after you see it. This is all starting to sound like the Star Trek forum for the new movie.


-Chris
I'm trying not to bitch about the finale, and I hope it is good, but there is nothing wrong with responding to biased articles.

Why let some jerk critic sour your experience going into the finale. Most of the time the critics are wrong, or have some bias, like they are anti-religion, etc.



-Chris
__________________
"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."-Shania
cbspock is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 09:04 PM   #58
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Hunter X wrote: View Post
I'm calling the final scene right now, totally speculation:

It's going to go back to Leoben's line in Flesh and Blood about how all of this has happened before, and all of it will again, except everyone will be cast in different roles. We're going to see the colonies again in the far, far future, established, perhaps right before/during/after the attacks. All of it will be happening again and we'll see all of our familiar actors again, only they'll be in the rolls of different characters. Apollo will be Baltar, Adama will be Cavil, Cavil will be Adama, Tigh will be Starbuck.

You get the idea.
If we're going to play that game, I'll up the ante on the silliness and suggest that Kara, Lee, Baltar and a couple of others will be the "Final Five Cylons" of some future human race.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 09:19 PM   #59
ManOnTheWave
Rear Admiral
 
ManOnTheWave's Avatar
 
Location: ManOnTheWave
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

If we're going that route, the let Richard Hatch be Commander Adama. C'mon, it'll only be one scene.
__________________
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
ManOnTheWave is offline  
Old March 20 2009, 09:35 PM   #60
cbspock
Rear Admiral
 
cbspock's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

ManOnTheWave wrote: View Post
If we're going that route, the let Richard Hatch be Commander Adama. C'mon, it'll only be one scene.

or the Red Alert klaxon goes off, and Richard Hatch in the old colonial uniform is seen jumping into a Viper as Capt. Apollo.


-Chris
__________________
"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."-Shania
cbspock is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
cylons, daybreak, grading & discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.