Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old March 19 2009, 09:00 PM   #16
Green Shirt
Commodore

Re: Oh Shatner..WHY!!!!

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
What would you consider SHATNER's worst non-TREK movie/Tv movie???

My pick? With out a doubt it is WHITE COMANCHE. With Bill playing two brothers seperated by birth. One is raised by Comanches and..well...its just bad. In fact I sometimes consider it a TREK alternate time-line since much of it is filmed at the Vazquez Rock site they used for so many TOS episodes..

But, for me, definately its WHITE COMANCHE...

Someone might vote for DEVIL's RAIN. But when I saw that movie as a young person it way pretty scary!!! And how can you go wrong with Shatner, Borgnine and Travolta all in the same movie???

Rob
Scorpio
I vaguely remember this stinkburger. Didn't he appear as both characters with his Trek toupee and pointed sideburns? Couldn't even bother to give him an Indian wig to tell them apart.
Old March 19 2009, 09:06 PM   #17
QuasarVM
Fleet Captain

Incubus.

Can't even watch the thing because its in a weird made-up language (Esperanto)...
QuasarVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2009, 09:07 PM   #18
RobertScorpio
Pariah

klingongoat wrote: View Post
What would you consider SHATNER's worst non-TREK movie/Tv movie???

My pick? With out a doubt it is WHITE COMANCHE. With Bill playing two brothers seperated by birth. One is raised by Comanches and..well...its just bad. In fact I sometimes consider it a TREK alternate time-line since much of it is filmed at the Vazquez Rock site they used for so many TOS episodes..

But, for me, definately its WHITE COMANCHE...

Someone might vote for DEVIL's RAIN. But when I saw that movie as a young person it way pretty scary!!! And how can you go wrong with Shatner, Borgnine and Travolta all in the same movie???

Rob
Scorpio
I vaguely remember this stinkburger. Didn't he appear as both characters with his Trek toupee and pointed sideburns? Couldn't even bother to give him an Indian wig to tell them apart.
Yep..thats the one. How they got JOSEPH COTTEN in the movie with him is beyond me...

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2009, 03:59 PM   #19
Forbin
Admiral

Hey, I liked The Devil's Rain! Borgnine looked awesome in that goat-headed devil makeup.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2009, 04:03 PM   #20
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Forbin wrote: View Post
Hey, I liked The Devil's Rain! Borgnine looked awesome in that goat-headed devil makeup.
That movie is low budget, sure, but I like it too. Its very creepy!!! and what star power!!!

Rob
Old March 20 2009, 05:06 PM   #21
Cakes488
Commodore

View Cakes488's Twitter Profile

Captain Gandalf wrote: View Post
"Big Bad Mama".

It was very unsettling to see Captain Kirk's naked ass.
My reaction was
How disgusting!!! Naked ass?!?!?!? Exposed for all to see...!#$@$@#

I'll have to add this to my netflix que.
Cakes488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2009, 05:17 PM   #22
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Cakes488 wrote: View Post
"Big Bad Mama".

My reaction was

Me too...I gotta see "it"

Rob
Old March 20 2009, 05:46 PM   #23
Cakes488
Commodore

"Big Bad Mama".

My reaction was

Rob
Hey Robert...from what I understand you'll be treated to quite a bit of tits in this movie and not so much ass...I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Old March 20 2009, 05:57 PM   #24
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Rob
Hey Robert...from what I understand you'll be treated to quite a bit of tits in this movie and not so much ass...I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Oh I hope so...that will be the other reason to watch. As for seeing Shatner's ass? It isn't because I lust for it, I mean...who would. But its kind of like watching a Volcano. I wouldn't want to be up on that damn thing when it blows apart, but saying that I saw it years later would be the thrill..

So, Imagine someday, I get to say to my grandkids on my deathbed..."Kids, I saw Captain Kirk's ASS"...It would be a great event to list in my life...

Rob
Old March 20 2009, 06:24 PM   #25
Cakes488
Commodore

Rob
Oh I hope so...that will be the other reason to watch. As for seeing Shatner's ass? It isn't because I lust for it, I mean...who would. But its kind of like watching a Volcano. I wouldn't want to be up on that damn thing when it blows apart, but saying that I saw it years later would be the thrill..

So, Imagine someday, I get to say to my grandkids on my deathbed..."Kids, I saw Captain Kirk's ASS"...It would be a great event to list in my life...

Rob
I have a pile of work up to the ceiling but instead I investigated Big Bad Mama and Angie Dickenson and some slightly post pubescent babes are in it and they're having mad cap screws across the country. So there's something in it for every man...even if you're gay because you do have Shatners ass after all .
The only problem with telling your grandkids that you saw Cap't Kirks ass is they're gonna be like "who the hell is that"? I'm sorry I said that....perish the thought...I take it back and may I burn in hell from my indiscretion.
Old March 20 2009, 06:42 PM   #26
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Rob
I have a pile of work up to the ceiling but instead I investigated Big Bad Mama and Angie Dickenson and some slightly post pubescent babes are in it and they're having mad cap screws across the country. So there's something in it for every man...even if you're gay because you do have Shatners ass after all .
The only problem with telling your grandkids that you saw Cap't Kirks ass is they're gonna be like "who the hell is that"? I'm sorry I said that....perish the thought...I take it back and may I burn in hell from my indiscretion.
Ummm..you made me cry!!!

But yes, I am updating my NETFLIX que right now!!!

Rob
Old March 20 2009, 07:10 PM   #27
Praetor
Vice Admiral

This...

Esteban wrote: View Post
Impulse
a.k.a. I Love to Kill
a.k.a. Want a Ride, Little Girl?

Look it up...if you dare
and this.

QuasarVM wrote: View Post
Incubus.

Can't even watch the thing because its in a weird made-up language (Esperanto)...
*shudder*
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2009, 08:15 PM   #28
Captain Gandalf
Commodore

"Big Bad Mama".

My reaction was

Rob
Oh, my... Seems I started something here!
Captain Gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2009, 11:54 PM   #29
AxelFoley
Commander

Kingdom of the Spiders is a classic, creeps the hell out of me 'til this day.
Old March 22 2009, 05:46 AM   #30
ssosmcin
Rear Admiral

Hambone wrote: View Post
TV movie-of-the-week from 1979 called "Disaster on the Coastliner". Shat played a bad guy on his way to death row via train; when the train becomes a runaway, Shat has an epiphany, saves the day, and is killed for his trouble.
Way, way off. :-) Shatner played a con man who attracts Yvette Mimieux, but he's a "heroic con man with a heart of gold" kind of guy. He separates the engine car from the rest of the train and gets trapped aboard. he and the engineer (who is behind the hijacking of the train) jump off as it soars over a bridge above water. The engineer dies, but Shatner survives. He's taken away by the cops (for his criminal record), but it's made clear that he'll be treated leniently because he saved lives.

The movie was terrible, especially for the fact that it was made up mostly of re-used footage from other movies.
Actually, for a TV movie disaster film, it was pretty good. The cast was semi impressive with former A-list stars and the music by Jerry Fielding was outstanding. Sadly, this isn't on video - at least not in the US.

Impulse is easily Shatner's worst film. It's totally incoherent. Kingdom of the Spiders, however, is really good. Very serious, the spiders are mostly real, too. If spiders have a support group, they would be devastated at the real on-camera deaths of hundreds of them. The ending while betrayed by a bad painting effect, is pure Twilight Zone. Actually, most of the background music is stock library cues from that series.