IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 300 71.94%
Above Average 59 14.15%
Average 20 4.80%
Below Average 19 4.56%
Poor 19 4.56%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19 2009, 08:01 PM   #31
Nobody
Blame me, I voted Obama

Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Besides, "it's a ratings culture!" why do you think that? Plus, given that Baltar's dad would be the same age as William Adama in Caprica, I doubt we'll see Baltar's dad. Nothing in the scene lends itself to hinting he'll be back, especially with age caveat thrown in.

-nobody
Old March 19 2009, 08:02 PM   #32
Gregsmack
Captain

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
Nobody wrote: View Post
RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
Because we are talking about a ratings driven industry. That episode showing us Baltar's dad was part of this seed planting I believe.

Rob
Considering the main families of Caprica have already been released and that Baltar grew up on a colony away from Caprica -- I doubt it. I don't believe anything in that scene had a "plant" vibe (besides the farming) other than to show how Baltar came to trust Six.

-nobody
We'll see...I totally believe that Baltar's dad in that show...

Rob
If so, then Caprica will have me groaning even more than a typical 'prequel' does.
Old March 19 2009, 08:33 PM   #33
Garth Rockett
Commodore

If it will make anyone feel better:

Oscar R: What kind of relationship will the story of "Caprica" have with the story of "Battlestar Galactica"? Without getting into spoilers, will we need to watch "Caprica" to understand "BSG's" story, or will "Caprica" be more of a self contained story wit hin the mythology of "BSG"?

Jane: Oh! Interesting. Usually people ask that question the other way around. Of course, the answer is the same either way: you don't need to know either show to fully enjoy and understand the other show. No vital pieces of "BSG" will be left unsatisfied so that we can tackle them on "Caprica," unless you feel incomplete without knowing the full and exciting story of the origin of Caprica's Centurions -- WHICH YOU SHOULD, of course.
Link
Old March 19 2009, 10:29 PM   #34
What's his face
Rear Admiral

Just saw it. I thought that the kiss between Helo and Adama was kinda forced. I totally called Roslin as the cylon God too.

I don't understand why Cavil was wearing that bright orange fluorescent dildo on his head, though.

I give in an above average.
Old March 19 2009, 10:34 PM   #35
Guartho
Rear Admiral

What fans want to know is if they'll be disappointed by the final answers.

<snip>

The short answer is yes.
This is what happens when you ask 3 questions in one sentence then try to answer them all with one answer. I know the reviewer means we won't be disappointed, but I had to read it twice.

(AKA "Mr. Donkey Kong King" for no apparent reason)
Old March 19 2009, 10:54 PM   #36
Masquerade
Rear Admiral

What's his face wrote: View Post
I don't understand why Cavil was wearing that bright orange fluorescent dildo on his head, though.
He's a dick. Sometimes the most obvious symbolism...

Old March 19 2009, 11:04 PM   #37
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

Garth Rockett wrote: View Post
I haven't yet seen or read anything that would even remotely suggest The Plan or Caprica will be required viewing for anyone wanting to follow BSG's storyline. I don't know why anyone would be concerned about that.
I can understand not wanting to invest in "Caprica" getting all huffy over
"The Plan" however makes no sense to me, as its still a component of the main series and obviously I think it helps flesh things out. Its also telling that they haven't aired it before the finale means there are giveaways in its storyline. It strikes me as silly to want to not see it...

Sharr
Old March 19 2009, 11:32 PM   #38
Seven of Five
Commodore

I remember an interview with Jane Espensen just after 'No Exit' had aired. Someone was questioning her, and had the theory that if 'Razor' was like an extended episode based on some lines of dialogue in 'Pegasus,' then 'The Plan' will be the same, only based on 'No Exit' instead, which she seemed to confirm. It sounds interesting enough whether there are any revelations in it or not. If there are then I'm sure they'd have some sort of ramifications for 'Caprica.'

I've just got my profile sorted for the last episode - got my Roslin on! Anyone else having a BSG avatar for the finale? We could flood the board or some crap.
Old March 19 2009, 11:46 PM   #39
Garth Rockett
Commodore

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
I can understand not wanting to invest in "Caprica" getting all huffy over
"The Plan" however makes no sense to me, as its still a component of the main series and obviously I think it helps flesh things out. Its also telling that they haven't aired it before the finale means there are giveaways in its storyline. It strikes me as silly to want to not see it...
I agree, although I understand if people are concerned that "Daybreak Part II" won't give them all the answers they want and they would have to wait a few more months until The Plan airs. I don't think that will be the case. The Plan was conceived pretty late in the game, and everything they've said about the finale indicates it will provide all the important information you'll need.

Having said that, naturally The Plan will have some new information in it. Otherwise, what's the point? But as Seven of Five suggested, I think it will be fleshing out what we've already learned, and what we've already learned (plus what's in the final episode) will be sufficient to understand everything that's happened.
Old March 19 2009, 11:58 PM   #40
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

What's his face wrote: View Post
Just saw it. I thought that the kiss between Helo and Adama was kinda forced. I totally called Roslin as the cylon God too.

I give in an above average.

Old March 20 2009, 12:12 AM   #41
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

How come the poll only goes up to Excellent? What are we supposed to do if it is better than that?

Haven't you seen This is Spinal Tap?
Old March 20 2009, 12:24 AM   #42
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Guartho wrote: View Post
What fans want to know is if they'll be disappointed by the final answers.

<snip>

The short answer is yes.
This is what happens when you ask 3 questions in one sentence then try to answer them all with one answer. I know the reviewer means we won't be disappointed, but I had to read it twice.
I read it the same way.
Old March 20 2009, 12:36 AM   #43
Seven of Five
Commodore

Kelso wrote: View Post
How come the poll only goes up to Excellent? What are we supposed to do if it is better than that?
So the poll should go:

Godlike
Ascension
Fatality
Super Fantastico
Excellent

Excellent being the worst option of course.
Old March 20 2009, 12:51 AM   #44
Spider
Dirty Old Man

This is to important to have to wait through commercials, so I'll not start watching it until I have it on my DVR so I can skip those commercials. I can't wait.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Old March 20 2009, 04:00 AM   #45
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

"Revelations" got an 84% Excellent rating in the grading thread and "The Oath" got 82% Excellent. I wonder what this will get.