Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 300 71.94%
Above Average 59 14.15%
Average 20 4.80%
Below Average 19 4.56%
Poor 19 4.56%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 18 2009, 04:36 PM   #16
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Maybe I need to go to the LOST forum and start the topic about their finale episode. :-p

Early much? :-p

It better be good to make up for the trash last month of episodes.
Old March 18 2009, 04:57 PM   #17
ManOnTheWave
Rear Admiral

Well, the reviews are good. Damn, it's only Wednesday.
Old March 18 2009, 05:06 PM   #18
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The most politically engaging, culturally relevant, socially entertaining and spiritually rewarding experience I had this past week was watching the two-hour finale of Battlestar Galactica, at a special press screening hosted by Sci Fi network, which announced yesterday it would soon be called Syfy. Without sharing any of the details about the two-hour conclusion to be aired this Friday, it ranks among the best - if not the best - of all series grand finales.
Source

What fans want to know is if they'll be disappointed by the final answers. Is this final episode true to what has come before? Does is respect the fans and yet offer some staggering suprises?

The short answer is yes. It's an absolute kick-ass finale, and I can guarantee that when the final credits roll, you'll want to watch it again.
Source

"The first hour-and-a-half of the finale is so intense, you'll find it difficult to breathe. So many questions will be answered — including some you probably thought wouldn't be addressed due to time constraints. Also, if Mary McDonnell isn't recognized by the Emmys this year, it'll be a frakkin' shame. She had the crowd in tears more than once with her brilliant performance."
Source
if this is what the critics are saying, this outta be a blast!
Old March 18 2009, 05:10 PM   #19
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Here's part of an old interview with Ron Moore which took place in July 2008. It includes questions that season 4.5 is supposed to answer. The line of questioning doesn't reveal anything about the final episode beyond whether or not certain questions will be answered. If you want to consider that being spoiled, then don't read on.

AS: The identity of the final Cylon, we will find this out?

RDM: Yeah. [Mo here: Answered -- Ellen.]

The origin and nature of the Final Four and how they're different from the rest of them?

Yes. [Answered.]

The origin of the rest of the skinjobs?

Yes. [Answered.]

What happened to Earth and what happened to the 13th Colony?

Yes. [What happened to Earth -- Answered. What happened to the 13th Colony -- partly answered or fully answered? The 13th Tribe, the Cylons, left Kobol and settled on Earth -- does that cover it? Tell me in comments if you consider the second part of the question fully answered.]

Who, if anyone, is orchestrating all of this?

Basically, yeah. I don't know if it's going to be wrapped up in a neat bow. The show has an answer for it, whether it's a satisfying answer, I don't know. [Not answered yet]

Will "All this has happened before and it will happen again" be explained in some way?

Yes. [I'd call that partly answered -- there have clearly been Cylon and human wars for hundreds or thousands years. Do you consider this question answered?]

The opera house?

Yes. [Not answered yet.]

What happened to Kara when she went through the Maelstrom?

Pretty much. [Not answered yet. I'm guessing she was a beneficiary of the kind of "organic memory transference" technology that the Final Five used, but we don't know for sure.]

Identity and nature of the "head" characters?

Yes. [Not answered yet. I'm guessing they're Cylon projections of some kind.]

Tigh and Six's baby, and whether that means Cylons can breed?

Yes. That's not a "yes" to whether they can breed -- the question will be answered. [Answered.]

The fate of Boomer and whether there are other 1's, 4's and 5's floating out there?

Yes. [Answered. Boomer, as well as Cavil, Simon and Doral (at least one of each), are all aboard the Colony.]

Roslin's health?

Yes. [Not fully answered, but it's not looking good.]
Source
Old March 18 2009, 05:22 PM   #20
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I really wish I had the Season 3 DVD set because for some reason, I really want to see Maelstrom again.
Old March 18 2009, 05:22 PM   #21
Ethros
Vice Admiral

You missed out part of that interview

Explanation of what happened to Boxey?

Absolutely, he'll be back. He's been biding his time and plays a huge role in the finale
Old March 18 2009, 05:27 PM   #22
Seven of Five
Commodore

He's the one behind everything, dammit!
Old March 18 2009, 06:10 PM   #23
ManOnTheWave
Rear Admiral

Oh teh noes!11 Boxey is teh Daniels!!!111
Old March 19 2009, 06:00 PM   #24
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Raz wrote: View Post
The finale is basically going to determine whether I think fondly of the show, or bitterly. Yeah, i'm really invested in this damn thing, there are fracking HUGE expectations riding on it that I hope it can fulfill.
Amen Raz....This show has been far from perfect, and anyone with honesty in their blood would admit to that. But, having said that, they have a chance to bring this to a good ending. I just hope it isn't a backdoor pilot for Caprica and leaves us having to watch that show for more answers..if it does? Yikes...

Rob
Old March 19 2009, 06:22 PM   #25
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
Raz wrote: View Post
The finale is basically going to determine whether I think fondly of the show, or bitterly. Yeah, i'm really invested in this damn thing, there are fracking HUGE expectations riding on it that I hope it can fulfill.
Amen Raz....This show has been far from perfect, and anyone with honesty in their blood would admit to that. But, having said that, they have a chance to bring this to a good ending. I just hope it isn't a backdoor pilot for Caprica and leaves us having to watch that show for more answers..if it does? Yikes...

Rob
I will be very upset if we get an ending even implying that we need to see "The Plan" or Caprica just to see what is going on. I get enough of that attitude here on the board thank you very much.
Old March 19 2009, 06:41 PM   #26
Garth Rockett
Commodore

I haven't yet seen or read anything that would even remotely suggest The Plan or Caprica will be required viewing for anyone wanting to follow BSG's storyline. I don't know why anyone would be concerned about that.
Old March 19 2009, 07:12 PM   #27
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Because we are talking about a ratings driven industry. That episode showing us Baltar's dad was part of this seed planting I believe.

Rob
Old March 19 2009, 07:14 PM   #28
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Because we are talking about a ratings driven industry. That episode showing us Baltar's dad was part of this seed planting I believe.

Rob
It clearly wasn't.
Old March 19 2009, 07:32 PM   #29
Nobody
Blame me, I voted Obama

Rob
Considering the main families of Caprica have already been released and that Baltar grew up on a colony away from Caprica -- I doubt it. I don't believe anything in that scene had a "plant" vibe (besides the farming) other than to show how Baltar came to trust Six.

-nobody
Old March 19 2009, 07:47 PM   #30
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Nobody wrote: View Post

Rob
Considering the main families of Caprica have already been released and that Baltar grew up on a colony away from Caprica -- I doubt it. I don't believe anything in that scene had a "plant" vibe (besides the farming) other than to show how Baltar came to trust Six.

-nobody
We'll see...I totally believe that Baltar's dad in that show...

Rob