Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 27 38.57%
Above Average 32 45.71%
Average 11 15.71%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19 2009, 04:29 PM   #61
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Re: Lost 5x09: "Namaste"

Mr Light wrote: View Post
In Ben's only flashback episode, 3X20 "Man Behind the Curtain", after arriving on the Island as a boy, at night he sees his dead mother calling to him outside the Sonic Fence. He goes out there in the darkness and bumps into Richard Alpert dressed as a savage. He wants to join the Natives but Alpert says he'll have to be very patient for that. Cut to about 15 years later when Ben helps the Purge kill off Dharma.
Thanks for the update, I really, really don't remember that scene. I must have been in the bathroom or something.

So basically what this means is that Richard Alpert took advantage of psychotic kid to do his murdering for him. Nice.
Old March 19 2009, 04:49 PM   #62
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
In Ben's only flashback episode, 3X20 "Man Behind the Curtain", after arriving on the Island as a boy, at night he sees his dead mother calling to him outside the Sonic Fence. He goes out there in the darkness and bumps into Richard Alpert dressed as a savage. He wants to join the Natives but Alpert says he'll have to be very patient for that. Cut to about 15 years later when Ben helps the Purge kill off Dharma.
Thanks for the update, I really, really don't remember that scene. I must have been in the bathroom or something.

So basically what this means is that Richard Alpert took advantage of psychotic kid to do his murdering for him. Nice.
Not really. You should watch the episode, as it's the whole thing and not just one or two scenes. It sounds like you might have missed an episode. Do you remember Ben's birth? Or his little girlfriend Annie?

It's one of the best eps, IMO...and a personal fave. Especially if you like the Dharma stuff. At that point in time we hadn't seen them operating fully in the 70's until this ep.
Old March 19 2009, 04:51 PM   #63
Jon-o'-lantern
Rear Admiral

The Sawyer/Jack moment was a highlight. Sawyer seems less then secure with Jack now back. Loved the end after Sawyer just hammered into Jack and he's expecting Jack to get into it with him and Jack just agrees with him, smiles and walks off.

Personally if they are going to pair people up for the end I prefer Jack-Juliet, Sawyer-Kate combo then the one at the moment. I must say that this season is definitely been rewarding for me and makes me glad I stuck with the show.

Looking forward to the next couple of episodes as it seems everyone is slowly getting back into sync timeframe wise.
Old March 19 2009, 05:05 PM   #64
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Chess Piece Face wrote: View Post

Not really.
I'm not sure how else to take it. Maybe you can elaborate what you mean? The way I see it is, they had a truce, Richard meets with Ben, figures out the kid "ain't right" and later uses him to wipe out Dharma.

You should watch the episode, as it's the whole thing and not just one or two scenes. It sounds like you might have missed an episode. Do you remember Ben's birth? Or his little girlfriend Annie?.
Oh I definitely saw the episode, I remember the birth, Annie, the gassing, etc. Just not the dead mother and Richard Alpert scene.
Old March 19 2009, 05:21 PM   #65
Mallet
Fleet Captain

Fuck Sawyer and his self-righteous speech to Jack. Sawyer has had three years, in a safe environment, with cars, doctors, food, water, guns, a security fence, plus a truce with his only enemies, the "hostiles".

When Jack was in charge for 108 days all the while they were being attacked from all sides by the Others with no safe haven, no security fence, little food, water, etc...

Jack did a great job keeping as many people alive as he did, right up until Widmore's people showed up and started killing everyone. And that was also partly Locke's fault because he threw a knife into the girls back and she then sent a warning to the people on the boat that there was trouble.

I like Sawyer, I love how his character has evolved, but he has no right to talk trash to Jack. Jack's the man.

Also, Jack, Kate & the rest risked everything and gave up everything to come back to the Island and save him.
Old March 19 2009, 05:23 PM   #66
Mr Light
Admiral

It looks like LaFleur was the main force for keeping the truce. Once he inevitably goes back to the present, I would presume at the end of this season, Dharma will be free to go apescat again and take up arms against the Hostiles, forcing them to wipe them out. Remember, LaFleur was there 74-77 and the Purge doesn't happen until 92. In fact I bet you a shiny penny that the Tempest wasn't constructed until after 77 when LaFleur left.

Old March 19 2009, 05:27 PM   #67
Mr Light
Admiral

Here's the Ben/Richard introduction transcript: [Ben hears the whispers, and then turns to see a long-haired Richard Alpert standing behind him] RICHARD: Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. Whoa, hey, hey, whoa, I didn't mean to scare you. Wait, wait! Are you lost? Wait! BEN: Are you one of them? RICHARD: One of whom? BEN: A hostile. RICHARD: Do you even know what that word means? What's your name? BEN: Ben. RICHARD: Ben? So you wanna tell me what you're doing in the middle of the jungle all by yourself? BEN: I left home, and...I'm looking for my Mom. RICHARD: You think she's out here? BEN: You wouldn't believe me. RICHARD: Try me. BEN: She's dead. RICHARD: Did she die here, on the Island? BEN: No. When I was a baby. RICHARD: Did you see her, out here, Ben, in the jungle? BEN: She talked to me. RICHARD: What did she say? BEN: That I couldn't come with her. She said it wasn't time yet. RICHARD: You should go home now, your people will be looking for you. BEN: I don't want to go back there! I hate it there! Take me with you. RICHARD: Maybe that can happen, maybe. But if that's what you really want, Ben, if that's what you want, I want you to really think about that. And you're gonna have to be very, very patient.

Old March 19 2009, 05:32 PM   #68
Gertch
Admiral

I went with Above Average.

Sawyer feels the same way I do in that Jack caused the deaths of many many people even though he didn't do it maliciously. He did it because of ignorance. And really, other than Ben, who could have known that. But perhaps taking more time to think things out could have led to a different outcome.

Seeing the smoke at the cabin door was cool and I like the team of Frank and Sun. And Frank is just so resigned to fate that he knows he just has to roll with the punches.

It was cool to see that the plane Ben was on safely landed (except for Wash) because of Ben's people clearing the runway two seasons earlier. It would be interesting to know the how and why about that.
Old March 19 2009, 05:57 PM   #69
Mr Light
Admiral

""It was cool to see that the plane Ben was on safely landed (except for Wash) "" LOL! I didn't think of that until you mentioned it!

Old March 19 2009, 06:11 PM   #70
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Gertch wrote: View Post
because of Ben's people clearing the runway two seasons earlier. It would be interesting to know the how and why about that.
I'm thinking Richard Alpert got a heads up "in the past" from somebody on that plane.
Old March 19 2009, 06:35 PM   #71
Gertch
Admiral

Gertch wrote: View Post
because of Ben's people clearing the runway two seasons earlier. It would be interesting to know the how and why about that.
I'm thinking Richard Alpert got a heads up "in the past" from somebody on that plane.
Ahh, good thought.
Old March 19 2009, 09:06 PM   #72
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Or it could have been a coincidence and they just thought it was a good idea. But it's a good idea that they established that they were building a runway (and found a point for the first 6 episodes of Season 3 aside from seeing the Others).
Old March 19 2009, 09:34 PM   #73
The Habs Fan
Commodore

I'll put this in spoiler text for those who don't read the spoiler thread...

Old March 19 2009, 09:53 PM   #74
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Sxottlan wrote: View Post
Anyone else thinking that the big open area the Others were clearing out way back when was for the sole purpose of making a makeshift runway for Flight 316?
Yes, I proposed a theory that Jacob told them to do it, knowing it would be needed.

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
I forget, when Locke visited the O6 in "Jeremy Bentham", did he ever tell them that the castaways left on the Island were jumping through time? Because, logically, he certainly would have mentioned that.
I don't believe he did, they were all very shocked to learn they were in the 70's.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 19 2009, 10:00 PM   #75
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I wonder if Rose and Bernard are in the present.
i don't see how
They have to be somewhere and it doesn't look like they're with the Dharma Initiative. Maybe the Ajira crash survivors will run into them in the present. That's my best guess right now.
My best guess is either they are A) Dead or B) the Hostiles got them

We know they time traveled with Saywer and his group though, they just lost contact with them, so they are in the 70's with em, either dead or with the hostiles.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us