RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,161
Posts: 5,344,382
Members: 24,600
Currently online: 682
Newest member: Lord Galen

TrekToday headlines

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 12 2009, 09:24 PM   #1
DonnaDee
Lieutenant
 
DonnaDee's Avatar
 
Location: Central Florida
Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

The LeapBack2009 Convention to celebrate 20th Anniversary of Quantum Leap

Scott Bakula (Captain Archer – Star Trek: Enterprise) scheduled to appear at convention
honoring his first Sci-Fi series.

Celebrate twenty years of Quantum Leap at The LeapBack 2009 convention, scheduled
to be held March 27-29, 2009 at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn in Los Angeles, CA

Series star Scott Bakula (Dr. Sam Beckett) will appear along with series creator and
Executive Producer Don Bellisario (Magnum P.I., NCIS). Additional Special Guests will
include Deborah Pratt (Co-Executive Producer), and a roster of 50 guest stars, writers,
directors, and authors who helped to create one of the most memorable science fiction
programs on television.

Providing entertainment on Saturday evening, March 28, will be the Enterprise Blues
Band – featuring Vaughn Armstrong, Casey Biggs, Richard Herd, Steve Rankin, Ron B
Moore, and William Jones.

More information at:

http://www.leapback2009.com.





[Info about the convention is fine, but soliciting isn't allowed. --HR]
__________________
"A woman is like a teabag - only in hot water do you realize how strong she is."

Last edited by HopefulRomantic; March 14 2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: solicitation
DonnaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 01:23 AM   #2
JiNX-01
Admiral
 
JiNX-01's Avatar
 
Location: Under Cdr. Tucker
View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

I do SO wish I could go!
__________________
------------
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 01:55 AM   #3
Aquehonga
Fleet Captain
 
Location: nuSpringville Transbus Hub: there be Yukon deers on them buses!
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

Bumber

Sucks for me

No way I could go to that

If LA were on the or Talarian border, then I'm on the border or near the neutral zone.

Geographically unfeasible.

According to your info, ^, DonnaDee, Count Bakula, The Don Bellisario, & Debbie P are in the house. OK, fine, but.....

I don't see Dean Spockwell on your QL Con list.

is up with that

Seriously!

Be like having a Laurel & Hardy Convention back in the 1930's, but there's no Stanley at the L&H Con

A QL Con without Al

Has half a point

Last edited by Aquehonga; March 13 2009 at 02:31 AM.
Aquehonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 03:21 AM   #4
DonnaDee
Lieutenant
 
DonnaDee's Avatar
 
Location: Central Florida
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

Aquehonga wrote: View Post
According to your info, ^, DonnaDee, Count Bakula, The Don Bellisario, & Debbie P are in the house. OK, fine, but.....

I don't see Dean Spockwell on your QL Con list.

is up with that

Seriously!

Be like having a Laurel & Hardy Convention back in the 1930's, but there's no Stanley at the L&H Con

A QL Con without Al

Has half a point

I can tell you what's up with that.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, Dean Stockwell, aka Al, was scheduled to attend.

Unfortunately, he had to cancel his appearence, much to our sadness and deep despair.

Of course this is like a Laurel and Hardy convention without Laurel! You think we haven't been doing this since we heard that Dean couldn't make it?

But in the grand showbiz tradition , like loyal Sons of the Desert, the show must go on!
__________________
"A woman is like a teabag - only in hot water do you realize how strong she is."
DonnaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 05:26 AM   #5
Aquehonga
Fleet Captain
 
Location: nuSpringville Transbus Hub: there be Yukon deers on them buses!
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

Thanks DonnaDee for your feedback regarding Dean Spockwell's absence at the QL Happy 20th Con.

Well, in spite of that sad news & disappointment, DonnaDee, I hope you & all the other Quantum Leap & ENTERPRISE aficionados have a great time at the QL Happy 20th Con

Wow! Hard to believe QL's a score old now.
Aquehonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 08:12 AM   #6
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Behind the mask of Donald Draper
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

I will be there!

I actually need a idea for the costume party. Maybe I will go as Count Bakula! Sam did leap into a vampire once.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 01:09 PM   #7
Aquehonga
Fleet Captain
 
Location: nuSpringville Transbus Hub: there be Yukon deers on them buses!
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

Mr. Draper

Yeah! Sam did leap into a vampire in 1 didn't he?

Shame Al won't be there
Aquehonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2009, 09:00 PM   #8
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
cooleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

It always sucks when the stars I like the most are appearing hundreds or even thousands of miles away...and I have neither the time, gas nor the spare cash. If any of you can make it, snap a bunch of digital pics for the rest of us and post 'em in here!
__________________
Human instinct is pretty strong. You can't expect us to change overnight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2009, 03:38 AM   #9
od0_ital
Admiral
 
od0_ital's Avatar
 
Location: Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

I bought a ticket for this a year ago, but thanks to a serious cut in my overtime for the last six months or so, I won't be able to go.

Ah, well...
__________________
od0's bucket od0's facebook
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2009, 10:42 AM   #10
NXOner
Lieutenant Commander
 
NXOner's Avatar
 
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

Hope you all have a great time seeing Scott, and do post your experiences. I saw him in Vegas last year, and I was blown away by how vibrant and sexy he is in person!
NXOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2009, 03:24 PM   #11
Mr.bobo
Lieutenant
 
Mr.bobo's Avatar
 
Location: Croatia, Varaždin
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

od0_ital wrote: View Post
I bought a ticket for this a year ago, but thanks to a serious cut in my overtime for the last six months or so, I won't be able to go.

Ah, well...
Exellently , I know another paratson that go on this convention...
...I expext a big report and your's experiences from Los Angeles...

NXOner wrote: View Post
Hope you all have a great time seeing Scott, and do post your experiences. I saw him in Vegas last year, and I was blown away by how vibrant and sexy he is in person!
...did you meet him there...(face to face)??
Mr.bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2009, 08:56 PM   #12
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
cooleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

Never met anyone from QL or ENTERPRISE in the flesh...so far as I know. It'd be cool to meet Scott for multiple reasons which don't necessarily deal with being Jonathan Archer.
__________________
Human instinct is pretty strong. You can't expect us to change overnight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2009, 03:55 AM   #13
od0_ital
Admiral
 
od0_ital's Avatar
 
Location: Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

Mr.bobo wrote: View Post
od0_ital wrote: View Post
I bought a ticket for this a year ago, but thanks to a serious cut in my overtime for the last six months or so, I won't be able to go.

Ah, well...
Exellently , I know another paratson that go on this convention...
...I expext a big report and your's experiences from Los Angeles...
Ya must have missed the part where I said that even though I have a ticket, I won't be able to go.

__________________
od0's bucket od0's facebook
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2009, 11:33 AM   #14
Mr.bobo
Lieutenant
 
Mr.bobo's Avatar
 
Location: Croatia, Varaždin
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

...ahhh... I know it...
...post of NXOner confuse me...
...so, I think , maby... you go...
...ah, to bad...
Mr.bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2009, 04:37 PM   #15
Keith1701
Rear Admiral
 
Keith1701's Avatar
 
Location: Warner Robins Georgia
Re: Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

DonnaDee wrote: View Post
The LeapBack2009 Convention to celebrate 20th Anniversary of Quantum Leap

Scott Bakula (Captain Archer – Star Trek: Enterprise) scheduled to appear at convention
honoring his first Sci-Fi series.

Celebrate twenty years of Quantum Leap at The LeapBack 2009 convention, scheduled
to be held March 27-29, 2009 at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn in Los Angeles, CA

Series star Scott Bakula (Dr. Sam Beckett) will appear along with series creator and
Executive Producer Don Bellisario (Magnum P.I., NCIS). Additional Special Guests will
include Deborah Pratt (Co-Executive Producer), and a roster of 50 guest stars, writers,
directors, and authors who helped to create one of the most memorable science fiction
programs on television.

Providing entertainment on Saturday evening, March 28, will be the Enterprise Blues
Band – featuring Vaughn Armstrong, Casey Biggs, Richard Herd, Steve Rankin, Ron B
Moore, and William Jones.

More information at:

http://www.leapback2009.com.





[Info about the convention is fine, but soliciting isn't allowed. --HR]
Thank you, for posting this news about Scott Bakula appearing at a Quantum Leap convention, I really wish that I could attend as well. When I was active duty with Air Force, I was stationed in Victorville, CA and was able to attend many conventions in the Los Angeles area, but now that I'm retired from active duty, it's harded for me to makes plans for such a long trip from Georgia. Please, post any news from this exciting convention after you attend, I can't wait to read what is going with Scott at this time. Again, thanks for posting this information.
__________________
Keith1701
Live Long, and Prosper....
"Make It So" -- ENGAGE!!!!
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
convention, quantum leap, scott bakula

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.