MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 27 38.57%
Above Average 32 45.71%
Average 11 15.71%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 18 2009, 04:16 AM   #1
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Lost 5x09: "Namaste"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Lost 5x09: "Namaste".
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"Namaste"

"When some old friends drop in unannounced, Sawyer is forced to further perpetuate his lie in order to protect them." - Wikipedia
Old March 19 2009, 03:01 AM   #2
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x09: "Namaste"

That was a really good episode.

- Christian is there in the flesh. Looks like he's also some manifestation of the smoke monster.

- Does Sayid know he's in 1977? If he doesn't, then he shouldn't know that the kid is a younger Ben.
Old March 19 2009, 03:04 AM   #3
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Above Average. It started off slow but picked up nicely as the story got going.

Loved Sawyer trashing Jack and Sun knocking out Ben. Christian's reappearance was cool and the abandoned Otherville had a very TZ-feel to it.

Don't go back to Kate, Sawyer! Nothing good can come from that.
Old March 19 2009, 03:06 AM   #4
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Excellent, Seriously this episode deserves no less than Excellent

A lot going on tonight in both timeframes, I loved the reveal to Sun how everyone else was in 1977 through the photograph.

I have one question, WHERE do they house everyone that works for the DI? There aren't enough houses there. There were a LOT of people coming off that Sub, and I just don't see where they all live, there aren't enough houses.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 19 2009, 03:08 AM   #5
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Did anyone notice that when Sun was looking at the photo of the DHARMA folks, there was clearly a person lurking in the background, in the far background? it seemed pretty clear on my HD feed. Would like to see a screencap.
Old March 19 2009, 03:09 AM   #6
cubbie
Vice Admiral

Didn't notice that, Sisko! Wow, excellent episode again, this week.
Old March 19 2009, 03:10 AM   #7
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

An Excellent from me!

Loved the little Saywer/Jack moment FU Jack!

LJ

LJ2
Old March 19 2009, 03:11 AM   #8
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Trippy wrote: View Post
An Excellent from me!

Loved the little Saywer/Jack moment FU Jack!
Zen Sawyer is very amusing. And he destroyed Jack and what he's done in about five seconds.
Old March 19 2009, 03:12 AM   #9
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Yeah, I loved Saywer's little talk with Jack, he hit the nail on the head, Jack just reacts to situations, Saywer actually thinks things through.

Old March 19 2009, 03:12 AM   #10
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

As I said in the commentary thread, that was sweet. More importantly, it was well paced. It was frenetic, but not rushed. And no one was chewing up screen time with drivel.

I especially like the scene towards the end with Jack and Sawy...uh...I mean LaFleur. The tension was palatable and conveyed genuine ambivalence the characters have for eachother even more so now than before. And because I always like when Sawyer puts Dr Self-Righteous in check.

The Ben thing was expected, put the scene was still full of little Ben creepiness.

I also expected more antics from Kate and was pleasantly surprised at her non-angsty reaction to the whole thing.

Definitely an Excellent, especially when compared with some of the preceding eps.
Old March 19 2009, 03:14 AM   #11
Mr Light
Admiral

Yet another 3.5/4 which I'm almost always giving this season!

While nothing earth-shattered happened in this episode, I'm still groovin' on seeing Dharma alive and in charge. And the tension of inserting the O3 into Dharma was very good. And we finally meet Radzinsky in the flesh! YEAH! Been waiting for that since the S2 Finale! And we got to see the Flame again... and mention of the Looking Glass... nice.

Nice to see the Ajira crash from Frank's POV. My biggest surprise of the night was the fact that Sun *didn't* get raptured off the plane like the rest of them. Hunh?! Was this just a random factor because they didn't bring Aaron back? Or because Jin made Locke promise not to take her back? Weird.

Geography note: many fan maps put Hydra Island off the southern tip where the Swan is, which I always disagreed with. Thankfully tonight confirms it's on the nothern tip where the Pala Ferry and the Barracks are. Thank you!

Was it just me or did Hydra Island look huuuuuuuuge? I thought it was only supposed to be a square half mile or something, it looked as big as the main Island!

I geeked out when Cerebus made a brief cameo in the trees, but I'm pissed we didn't get a follow through. So is Christian (and Jacob) the same thing as Cerebus then, since he appeared right afterwards with the whispers? And we get confirmation here that Christian has a physical presence, opening doors and holding picture frames and flashlights. So him not helping Locke up in the Donkey Wheel Chamber was just symbolic.

So Amy's baby is Ethan. I actually didn't expect that even though a lot of theories said that. Not important but interesting.

Where has Faraday gone to? Is he just working down in the Orchid?

Notice that Ben was faking his injury? He tossed his cast/sleeve off and had no problem with it and was going to row a boat by himself. Is that just a general purpose deception to make himself appear non-threatening to the O6 on the plane, in light of his injuries from his tussel with Des?

Old March 19 2009, 03:14 AM   #12
Brent
Admiral

Oh yeah, a cool bit there about The Swan, it wasn't built yet, that was the model of it that was shown in the video.

Old March 19 2009, 03:14 AM   #13
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Above Average.

There was some really good stuff this week. It loses out on an Excellent though because the stuff in the present (minus the cool plane crash) just wasn't doing it for me. I realize it was a necessary evil and I'm glad they managed to restrain it to a B plot, but any time Christian comes out of the woodwork and it isn't really that cool is bad news.

The 1977 stuff kicked ass though. Sawyer's machinations keep getting cooler and cooler. Seeing the whole crew jumpsuited up was a little surreal too, which is nice. We finally meet Radzinsky! I already don't like this guy. I have a feeling that by the end of the season I'll be praying for him to become that stain on the ceiling of the Swan!

I don't know where this is going with Sayid and Young Ben. Sadly we didn't get any promos this week. I have a feeling that someone needs to brief Sayid on the rules of time travel though. Since I get the feeling he's going to attempt something rash.

Also, was I the only one who thought for a second that Juliet fucked Kate over and left her off the phony baloney manifest? That would have been cool. And just.

Can't wait for next week!
Old March 19 2009, 03:14 AM   #14
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

I have this weird feeling the season finale will involve Old Ben and young Ben going back in time to kill Jack.
Old March 19 2009, 03:16 AM   #15
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

That pilot being impaled is a reminder of the cost of getting the Oceanic Six back to the island. Hopefully it's for a good reason, otherwise they got a couple of people killed for nothing.