Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 300 71.94%
Above Average 59 14.15%
Average 20 4.80%
Below Average 19 4.56%
Poor 19 4.56%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 18 2009, 06:15 AM   #1
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Battlestar Galactica's final episode.
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

"Daybreak, Part II"

Old March 18 2009, 06:16 AM   #2
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica Series Finale: "Daybreak, Part II"

The most politically engaging, culturally relevant, socially entertaining and spiritually rewarding experience I had this past week was watching the two-hour finale of Battlestar Galactica, at a special press screening hosted by Sci Fi network, which announced yesterday it would soon be called Syfy. Without sharing any of the details about the two-hour conclusion to be aired this Friday, it ranks among the best - if not the best - of all series grand finales.
Source

What fans want to know is if they'll be disappointed by the final answers. Is this final episode true to what has come before? Does is respect the fans and yet offer some staggering suprises?

The short answer is yes. It's an absolute kick-ass finale, and I can guarantee that when the final credits roll, you'll want to watch it again.
Source

"The first hour-and-a-half of the finale is so intense, you'll find it difficult to breathe. So many questions will be answered — including some you probably thought wouldn't be addressed due to time constraints. Also, if Mary McDonnell isn't recognized by the Emmys this year, it'll be a frakkin' shame. She had the crowd in tears more than once with her brilliant performance."
Source
Old March 18 2009, 06:18 AM   #3
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

God, I got emotional just seeing "Series Finale" in the thread title. This is going to be tough.
Old March 18 2009, 06:23 AM   #4
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

I'm liking those quotes given the ruckus that's been in this forum lately!

I seem to recall one of the writers making a remark that the finale would "answer questions you didn't even know you had..."

Sharr
Old March 18 2009, 06:24 AM   #5
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

You are early. What, people get to see an advanced screening of it somewhere and no one told me?
Old March 18 2009, 06:25 AM   #6
Adm. Bonz
Rear Admiral

Nice. Good news from the exit polls.
Old March 18 2009, 06:27 AM   #7
Harvey
Admiral

I'm excited. Moore has been promising answers to all those questions people have been fretting about in this for the entire half season, so I'm not particularly worried there. Should be one hell of a ride.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old March 18 2009, 06:35 AM   #8
Agent Richard07
Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
You are early. What, people get to see an advanced screening of it somewhere and no one told me?
Yeah, there was an advanced screening on Monday followed by a Q&A session with Ron Moore. Looks like it was well recieved too.
Old March 18 2009, 06:38 AM   #9
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Yeah, there was an advanced screening on Monday followed by a Q&A session with Ron Moore. Looks like it was well recieved too.
Well, I was actually talking about open to the general public but ok. I'm done with this plot/story debate. It's tiring and frankly I do want to know what happens in the final episode. Then I can form a bonafide opinion.

I will say this though. If they only tackle the issue with Starbuck (Who is she, how did she survive and dammit I want to see the Maelstrom incident entirely from her point of view, flashing light and all), the Opera House, and who the head people are, I will be satisfied.
Old March 18 2009, 06:47 AM   #10
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ You know what's funny? It's been two years since we saw Starbuck come back and we still don't know what happened to her.
Old March 18 2009, 07:40 AM   #11
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
^ You know what's funny? It's been two years since we saw Starbuck come back and we still don't know what happened to her.

Now you know why I've been so frustrated with this series the last few episodes and why quotes from Mr Moore saying "Screw the plot, the show has always been about the characters" has irked me.
Old March 18 2009, 02:52 PM   #12
Raz
Rear Admiral

The finale is basically going to determine whether I think fondly of the show, or bitterly. Yeah, i'm really invested in this damn thing, there are fracking HUGE expectations riding on it that I hope it can fulfill.
Old March 18 2009, 03:06 PM   #13
Seven of Five
Commodore

I think series finales help to determine your eventual outcome of any given show. Especially if you never go and rewatch it again.

I really want to see the episode now. There's been a fair amount of negativity flying around here for a few weeks but the snippets from the reviews above have me totally worked up and are helping me to ignore it all. I was getting teary at part one so I have no idea what stupid mess I'll get in this week!

Over the years BSG has often had me in some sort of dribbling, incoherent mess, so here's to one last one!
Old March 18 2009, 04:18 PM   #14
CinC_UFPForces
Rear Admiral

Sigh.

I has a sad about this.

Old March 18 2009, 04:26 PM   #15
Chess Piece Face
Commodore

These are great quotes and I can't wait! I'll believe these reviews and hopefully this will be a fitting end that will erase the bad taste of the last 4 nothing happening eps. If it turns out that they had to concentrate really hard on the finale to the extent that they may have neglected a few episodes leading up to it - while not ideal (it didn't happen on DS9, that's for sure) I think I can deal with that.