New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 13 2009, 08:16 PM   #76
ancient
Vice Admiral

Re: Hayden & Milo split, cause trouble on Heroes set

I don't think the problem is physical age, it's mental age. Or lack there of.

My dad's 21 years older than my mom and they've been happily married for about 30 years. Because they're not idiots.
Old March 13 2009, 08:21 PM   #77
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Speaking of the deathless comic book scenes, did you know it was a ripoff of an Icelandic saga?
Ingvar Thordarson and Julius Kemp, two producers who worked on the 2007 film "Astropia," have filed suit against NBC Universal claiming a recent episode of "Heroes" used a plot line directly from its movie.

heir claim is that Claire Bennet's new job working in a comic book store filled with "geeks" when she has no clue about comics in general is directly lifted from "Astropia," that features a woman who finds herself working in a comic book store without knowing anything about the job, and clashing with the "geeks" there.

That's Heroes for ya. Even their crappy, boring plotlines are "rip offs."
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 09:27 PM   #78
the Dagman
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Speaking of the deathless comic book scenes, did you know it was a ripoff of an Icelandic saga?
Ingvar Thordarson and Julius Kemp, two producers who worked on the 2007 film "Astropia," have filed suit against NBC Universal claiming a recent episode of "Heroes" used a plot line directly from its movie.

heir claim is that Claire Bennet's new job working in a comic book store filled with "geeks" when she has no clue about comics in general is directly lifted from "Astropia," that features a woman who finds herself working in a comic book store without knowing anything about the job, and clashing with the "geeks" there.
That's Heroes for ya. Even their crappy, boring plotlines are "rip offs."
That suit is a load of crap. It's not like they were the first to ever come up with that idea or to use it. Take the recent movie Fanboys for example. Hell, 24 odd years ago when I was working in a comic shop on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley we actually did it for real! The boss would hire any woman who applied for work there. Simple arithmetic: Comic books + Women = Geek Magnet. It helped to keep up the customer flow on days other than Wednesdays.
Old March 13 2009, 09:44 PM   #79
Thrall
Commodore

The What Would Tyler Durden Do Guy had the most awesome commentary on it entitled "Hayden is Kind of Bitch Part 1":

What’s awesome about Hollywood is that no one ever learns anything ever, at any point, no mater what, so a dimwit like Hayden Panettiere can think she’s different from Sarah Michelle Gellar or Mischa Barton or Tiffani Amber Theisen or Yasmine Bleeth or Elisha Cuthbert or whoever, but guess what. Exact same person. So if Hayden has an ounce of thought in her stumpy midget head, she’d change her attitude and start making friends immediately.
Old March 13 2009, 09:46 PM   #80
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Fluff like that always pissed me off.

But now and then when they actually did hire a fangirl, well that was just lovely.

Unless they start going on about about fucking Sandman or fucking Love and Rockets, and a lady has to be super super beautiful for me to forgive her speechifying me about the artistic and deep narrative merit of Manga. Fuck manga! Robots raping one another? God save us.

UM.

Shouldn't they think that Claire is fucking nuts?

A weirdly psychotic cosplay fetishist that never breaks character because shes clinically swimming in the pages of a comic book she can't tell from real no more?

Claire Bennett is a character in a fucking comic book and every one in that store should know it. Surely it would be like if I dressed up as and adopted the character of Dwight or Michael before I interviewed at a paper supply company, or I dressed up and pretended to be Napoleon at an Army recruitment drive mall outlet?

Unless that's a manager of a comic book store is one of those Comic book shop proprietors who doesn't actually read comics, which is another type of human being I despise with both zest and zeal, like a cocaine dealer who isn't a junkie, how the hell as you supposed to trust this guys product if he ain't managing the quality control with his own two nostrils, this is the worst written set of balls ever.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2009, 10:30 PM   #81
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Thrall wrote: View Post
The What Would Tyler Durden Do Guy had the most awesome commentary on it entitled "Hayden is Kind of Bitch Part 1":

What’s awesome about Hollywood is that no one ever learns anything ever, at any point, no mater what, so a dimwit like Hayden Panettiere can think she’s different from Sarah Michelle Gellar or Mischa Barton or Tiffani Amber Theisen or Yasmine Bleeth or Elisha Cuthbert or whoever, but guess what. Exact same person. So if Hayden has an ounce of thought in her stumpy midget head, she’d change her attitude and start making friends immediately.
Making friends won't magically give her the talent she so conspicuously lacks. What she should be doing is thinking of alternative careers because hers is on a short time clock.

Robots raping one another? God save us.
Hey, no BSG spoilers!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote