Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old February 15 2009, 10:32 PM   #16
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: R2 S4.5 "Final Season" DVDs (Amazon.co.uk)

^^ Indeed.

We didn't get the New Caprica webisodes....
Old March 13 2009, 05:36 PM   #17
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Anyone got the SFX magazine BSG special issue? Just got it yesterday, and inside is an ad for the Final Season R2 DVD
It gives a list of extras but says "Universal have stressed to us that the following list is provisional, but have guaranteed that there'll be over four hours of bonus material"

What they have is-
A Disquiet Follows My Soul unrated version
Islanded In A Stream of Stars unrated version
Daybreak unrated extended version
Deleted scenes
Sneak Peak at either Caprica or The Plan
David Eick's video blogs
"What the Frak is Going on with Battlestar Galactica?"
The Face of the Enemy webisodes
SciFi.com web featurettes
A look back

Now if that all goes to plan that's too shabby IMO.

Still list 1 June as the release date too
And there's some to be confirmed artwork on the site too

If that does turn out to be the final art, yes it Six AGAIN, but it does look pretty sweet
Old March 13 2009, 05:45 PM   #18
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

^^ Certainly better than most previous R2 releases. No sign of the podcasts again then.
Old March 13 2009, 05:56 PM   #19
Ethros
Vice Admiral

All that and all you can do is complain. tsk

I don't really care about the commentaries to be honest. I'd listen to them if they were on, but can't say I'm deeply upset if they're not
Old March 13 2009, 06:07 PM   #20
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

So long as they have the extended episodes then I'll be happy. Extras are nice, but not as nice as having more Battlestar to watch after the show ends.
Old March 13 2009, 06:19 PM   #21
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

That artwork looks pretty cool. You can see a larger version at Amazon.co.uk.

I don't really mind about the extras myself. Count me in as somebody who's happy we'll be getting extended episodes.

But, more generally speaking, I don't quite get the logic behind their releases. For example, we get the extended Pegasus cut for S2 but not the one for Unfinished Business in S3.
Overall, I find the releases erratic in many ways, including splitting up the season like this as well as the art design which has been remarkably inconsistent.

Note: I just noticed the line "Your future begins here" at the bottom of that artwork. Hmm, I wonder if that's just marketing or something spoilerish.
Old March 13 2009, 06:55 PM   #22
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Justtoyourleft wrote: View Post

But, more generally speaking, I don't quite get the logic behind their releases. For example, we get the extended Pegasus cut for S2 but not the one for Unfinished Business in S3.
Well I think the Season 3 R2 came out ages before the R1 version, so the extended Unfinished Business wouldn't have been ready anyway.
Whereas the Complete R2 Season 2 came out slightly before the R1 2.5, so I guess the Pegasus extended version was available to be slapped on.
Though I don't get why only the extras from the R1 2.0 are on the set and none of the 2.5 extras (apart the the Pegasus Ext)
Old March 13 2009, 07:20 PM   #23
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

^
I had forgotten that about the S3 set, mind you. I was surprised back then that they were releasing it so much earlier. I still wonder why they did, almost even more so come to think of that that's probably why the extended cut wasn't on it.
Old March 13 2009, 09:39 PM   #24
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Ethros wrote: View Post
All that and all you can do is complain. tsk
You can talk.....

Now if that all goes to plan that's too shabby IMO.

I'm not that bothered, just would have been nice.
Old March 25 2009, 11:54 PM   #25
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Well Amazon.co.uk has updated the artwork on this, I would presume its the final one
See frakking here

Just a slap job of the Last Supper picture. Hmm, not overly amazing but it'll do I suppose. It's whats inside that counts...
Old March 26 2009, 12:35 PM   #26
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

So, is there any news about a region B Blu-ray version?
Old March 26 2009, 12:51 PM   #27
cultcross
Say my name...

Well Amazon.co.uk has updated the artwork on this, I would presume its the final one
See frakking here

Just a slap job of the Last Supper picture. Hmm, not overly amazing but it'll do I suppose. It's whats inside that counts...
I suspect it is final, as its now gained a 'rating' stamp, a 'Playback' header, and the DVD logo. So the complete fourth season will now cost you £42.96 from Amazon. ouch.
Old March 26 2009, 01:00 PM   #28
Hermiod
Admiral

I don't think so, for the same reasons as previous sets - I do not want chipmunked transfers. (For the uninitiated, "chipmunking" reference to the increase in pitch caused by the NTSC to PAL transfer process which results in everyone having high pitched voices)

Plus, I'm going for the complete Blu-Ray set anyway.
Old May 1 2009, 04:44 PM   #29
Jerry234
Cadet

Somebody at DVDtimes apparently has received a boxset today and unfortunately it looks to be quiet worse than what was announced.

Only 1 extended episode (A disquiet follows my soul)

Several podcasts missing

No webisodes

Of course, it might be that the extended episodes are still on the dvd, just not seperately (after all, a lot of people never realised the extended version of pegasus was on the R2 set, since it was not on it seperately).

It seems that in the end, I finally will have to go for a R1 set...
Old May 1 2009, 05:34 PM   #30
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

^
Hmm, that would really be annoying, if we didn't get the extended cuts. Is this the article you're referring to?

Has anyone pre-ordered this yet? I usually pick up the sets in store when they come out. So I'm willing to wait and see if they're cheating on us on the extended episodes here.