Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old March 3 2009, 11:07 PM   #361
KathyA11
Cadet

Re: ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Kalen Archer wrote: View Post
Version one here.

The purpose of this thread is for new members of the forum to introduce themselves, and for old members to get to know each other a bit better.

Happy posting!
I'm a first-gen Classic Trekker -- age 11 when TOS premiered. I watched the show through all three seasons and into syndication. TOS ran at 6pm weeknights here in the NYC area, and my husband and I used to have dinner with Kirk and Spock every night. When we bought our first VCR in 1982, the first pre-recorded tape we bought was TWOK.

TNG didn't do much for me when it was in syndication -- I didn't fully appreciate it until I bought the DVDs (and later saw First Contact).

DS9 though -- I loved that from the premiere, and still adore it. I don't think it ever received the attention it was due, unfortunately.

I gave Voyager a try, but it didn't do anything for me, and I stopped watching in the second season.

I didn't watch ENT when it was originally on -- it conflicted with other things I'd been taping previously (and with Yankee games in the summer -- and -nothing- interferes with my Yankee games). But the Columbia references in the latest Destiny novel trilogy piqued my curiosity, and when Barnes & Noble ran its 'buy 2, get one free' DVD sale, I found a good use for my Christmas money, and grabbed all 4 seasons, then devoured them in a marathon (I took a break after S4 to watch the 8th season of L&O:SVU, then jumped back into S1 of ENT). Since then, I've been scapping up the novels, and trolling the Web for good ENT fanfic.

Fan stuff: I'm a fanzine reader, writer, and editor/publisher, have run a convention, and am taking renewed pleasure in the current incarnations of the ST novels. Other favorite fandoms include Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Rat Patrol, JAG, Magnum, Classic Star Wars, Stargate SG-1.

Personal stuff -- I'm in my mid-50s, a career civil servant who will be married 29 years this April (to the love of my life, a self-proclaimed non-fan who loves Trek nonetheless -- and who can quote TOS dialogue better than I can); no human kids, but we're owned by two Bassets, two Jack Russells (one of whom is named Tucker -- but the name comes from a mystery novel series, not ENT), and three parrots. Diehard NY Yankee fan fom the womb. Give me DVDs, books, a nice backyard (read: rose garden -- my husband and I are certified rose junkies, as well) to read in, and I'm in hog heaven.
KathyA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2009, 12:57 AM   #362
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Welcome, KathyA11! Glad to have you here.
Old March 10 2009, 06:04 AM   #363
MajorReed
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via AIM to MajorReed

I started watching Trek when one of my old ex-boyfriends did it - and it grew on me. I'm a huge Voyager fan (and Janeway is the reason why I started drinking coffee) but I've been starting to watch Enterprise now that the new Star Trek movie's coming out. When Enterprise was actually on its first run, I watched some of the second season episodes (Regeneration, Cogenitor, Dead Stop) but never really had the chance to watch it again. It's actually much better than I thought it would be. I love the caption contests here, and I got an account so I could join in

In RL I'm from Texas, pursuing a math major (it's my second year in college) and a CS minor. I'm currently writing a blog called Ex Luna Scientia which pretty much details my creative writing pursuits and life (sometimes.)

KathyA11, there's an awesome place called the Warp 5 Complex, which is an archive of Enterprise fanfic - may I suggest you start there? They have pretty much anything under the sun, and a lot of the fanfic there is very good.

See ya around!
Old March 11 2009, 08:35 AM   #364
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Welcome, MajorReed. I see you've already jumped into the caption thread. Have fun!
Old April 12 2009, 08:05 AM   #365
iamtosk
Captain

Just started watching Enterprise again... and I'm loving it.

I guess I never gave it enough of a chance the first time around. I would have easily placed ENT as my least favorite series but now I'd have to put it at 2nd(maybe 3rd).

Glad I gave this gem another chance.
iamtosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2009, 01:37 PM   #366
KathyA11
Cadet

MajorReed wrote: View Post

KathyA11, there's an awesome place called the Warp 5 Complex, which is an archive of Enterprise fanfic - may I suggest you start there? They have pretty much anything under the sun, and a lot of the fanfic there is very good.
Thanks -- I already have it bookmarked. I'm making my way through the T/T stories at House of Tucker now.
Old April 12 2009, 01:39 PM   #367
KathyA11
Cadet

iamtosk wrote: View Post

I guess I never gave it enough of a chance the first time around. I would have easily placed ENT as my least favorite series but now I'd have to put it at 2nd(maybe 3rd).
Classic Trek will always be my first Trek love, but I have to say that ENT is tied with DS9 for second.
Old April 12 2009, 04:32 PM   #368
Kalen Archer
Rear Admiral

Welome to the ENT forum iamtosk!
Kalen Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2009, 11:15 PM   #369
Mr.bobo
Lieutenant

Ok, I did not introduce myself here yet...

I'm from Croatia and the bigest fan of Enterprise there...
Voyager is my first love, but... Enterprise is a little better...
...with Enterprise I'm become trekkie...
...and meet a lot of interesting people...
...so here I'm...
Mr.bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2009, 12:10 AM   #370
Aviva
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hello, I'm Aviva from Sussex in the UK; I've been a Trek fan since childhood. I've not been to any conventions but there used to be a Star Trek themed pub in London called Page's Bar where I met several Trek actors over the years when they made public appearances. I also once worked (in 2000) at the Science Museum in London in a Star Trek exhibition in full Star Fleet uniform!

Currently I've really got into 'Enterprise' after not paying too much attention to it when it first emerged. I have a bit of a thing for Dominic Keating.
Aviva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2009, 07:53 AM   #371
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

Welcome! Great to have you here.
Old April 28 2009, 06:57 AM   #372
SheliakBob
Commander

Heya.
I've been a member of the forum for years, but normally settled for just lurking and browsing the threads. The Star Trek XI board got me stirred up enough to jump into the fray and splash around all fierce and thrashedy. I come back out here to cool off and relax a little.
Enterprise certainly had its problems, but I was a fan for the whole run. I was actually pretty excited to get glimpses of the pre-Federation worlds, even with the annoying "Temporal Cold War" mucking about.
LOVED the fourth season, which was exactly what Ent should have been from the start. I was frustrated as hell when the show got canceled right after it seemed to have hit its stride.

I've been around since the first airing of TOS (I was six when the show premiered.), wallowed shamelessly in the fanzines of the era and have run hundreds of sessions of Trek rpg's over the years.

so. like. "hi!"
SheliakBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2009, 12:37 AM   #373
John Doe
Cadet

Hello, my first post here.

I became a Trek fan like 15 years ago. I like TOS and TNG, but I like a lot more DS9 and VOY, and absolutely love ENT. I don't know why, but "Enterprise" got me hooked up since the beginning. Love at first sight, they call it.

See you around.
John Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2009, 01:22 AM   #374
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

SheliakBob and John Doe, welcome to the Enterprise forum. It's always good to see more fans of the show here.
Old May 15 2009, 07:23 PM   #375
Wyse
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi, I'm Wyse.

Had an account here for years but I've mostly lurked in the TNG and Doctor who/sci fi forums. From Texas. I'm single and turned 27 last December.

Grew up watching TNG. I can't pinpoint the year, but I was at least 11 or twelve so it might have been reruns and not first run episodes I saw. Watching it now I can admit, the acting can be really hammy and the stories blah, so I don't turn a blind eye to the fact that it did occassionally suck. But I love it anyway. I'm giving Enterprise a chance now. So far I'm just at the season one episode Dear Doctor. Liking it so far. I don't see any of the massive suckitude other trek fans claim it to be. Yes, there are some bad episodes/acting/etc, but every trek show had them in the early days.

Other sci-fi shows I've seen. Doctor Who, both classic and new, I've seen some Farscape until they took it off syndication on weeknights, and TNG which is by default my favorite Trek.

Other stuff: I'm a gamer and an anime fan. I like reading biographies and technical books on the golden era of Hollywood. I'm a cook. The end.
Wyse is offline   Reply With Quote