Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old March 8 2009, 02:39 AM   #166
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Re: "Islanded in a Stream of Stars" Live Commentary

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I don't have sympathy for either one. Felt sorry for Tigh for losing his son, but Caprica Six it was just reaping what you sow.
Fair enough. I have trouble feeling too sorry for Caprica six myself. Sure she's sorry now, but 12 billion people died because she stole those codes and because of Baltar being such a weasel.
Balatar wasn't being a weasel when he gave away the codes, he was just being a self-important horny-douchebag that like a CEO with a expense account and flashy company car, was trying to impress a piece of tail so he could get in her pants. In a lot of ways, what he did was worse, cause he sold out humanity's defense for some pussy.
Exactly. He didn't intentionally set out to betray the human race. But he was entrusted with those codes and he betrayed that trust so he could get laid. That's why he should be held accountable for his actions.

Caprica Six has a whole lot of reckoning to do. She lost her baby...so I guess that makes up for the one she murdered in the mini-series. Now she's got about 20 billion lives left to go.
Old March 8 2009, 05:48 AM   #167
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Fair enough. I have trouble feeling too sorry for Caprica six myself. Sure she's sorry now, but 12 billion people died because she stole those codes and because of Baltar being such a weasel.
Balatar wasn't being a weasel when he gave away the codes, he was just being a self-important horny-douchebag that like a CEO with a expense account and flashy company car, was trying to impress a piece of tail so he could get in her pants. In a lot of ways, what he did was worse, cause he sold out humanity's defense for some pussy.
Exactly. He didn't intentionally set out to betray the human race. But he was entrusted with those codes and he betrayed that trust so he could get laid. That's why he should be held accountable for his actions.

Caprica Six has a whole lot of reckoning to do. She lost her baby...so I guess that makes up for the one she murdered in the mini-series. Now she's got about 20 billion lives left to go.
I agree with you on Baltar.

On Caprica Six, nothing can be more immoral and stupid commentary than that of one you have made. By what moral code do you seek to condemn her? And why do you insist on mass murder of the innocent to fulfil your sadomasochistic fantasy against children. If you hate children visit your sins on your own offspring.

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old March 8 2009, 06:15 AM   #168
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

What's with the personal insults? You and your buddy SP both get your knickers in a twist over Caprica's miscarriage. Nobody here has sadomasochistic fantasies against children; nobody's calling for "mass murder" just because they don't give a shit about a fictional fetus dying or because they're of an opinion that it's karmic justice for a fictional character in this fictional universe. That's outrageous that you accuse him of hating children. He's not violating a moral code. Her name's Tricia. She a nice lady who didn't murder anyone, but I still condemn that crappy looking bleached blond hair instead of her natural color which is much prettier on her. Fire away.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old March 8 2009, 01:37 PM   #169
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

What's with the personal insults? You and your buddy SP both get your knickers in a twist over Caprica's miscarriage. Nobody here has sadomasochistic fantasies against children; nobody's calling for "mass murder" just because they don't give a shit about a fictional fetus dying or because they're of an opinion that it's karmic justice for a fictional character in this fictional universe. That's outrageous that you accuse him of hating children. He's not violating a moral code. Her name's Tricia. She a nice lady who didn't murder anyone, but I still condemn that crappy looking bleached blond hair instead of her natural color which is much prettier on her. Fire away.
Got nothing against actresses. However, I found it utterly repugnant the idea that there is a some form of justice in death of a child.

Moreover, I remain unconvinced on the idea that Caprica's action can be made up one way or another. Does it not strike as immoral to you that the DarthPipes essential said that the death of Baby Liam was a form of justice?

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old March 8 2009, 03:23 PM   #170
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

Sorry Boombitch, no sympathy for your devil. You made your hell, now die in it.
Sympathy for Caprica Six but none for Boomer? If someone instrumental in the genocide of a race is worthy of redemption, Boomer certainly isn't past it. The girl's in hell. It's hard to feel anything but pity for Boomer.
I don't have sympathy for either one. Felt sorry for Tigh for losing his son, but Caprica Six it was just reaping what you sow.
I think that's a very cold thing to say about 6's baby.

She did help recover Hera plus help Tigh determine how the Cylons were tracking the fleet.

There's been thousands of 6's produced since the mini series. From the series we know that as the skin jobs re-incarnate that they learn from past memories.

Is it not possible the 6's joined the rebelion to save the remnants of humanity because of that experience?

As far as Boomer goes, meh! ...that model is probably the most human of the lot.
Old March 8 2009, 04:17 PM   #171
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Marcus Porcius Cato wrote: View Post
DarthPipes wrote: View Post

I agree with you on Baltar.

On Caprica Six, nothing can be more immoral and stupid commentary than that of one you have made. By what moral code do you seek to condemn her? And why do you insist on mass murder of the innocent to fulfil your sadomasochistic fantasy against children. If you hate children visit your sins on your own offspring.
Oh, get a grip, drama queen.
Old March 8 2009, 09:34 PM   #172
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Does it not strike as immoral to you that the DarthPipes essential said that the death of Baby Liam was a form of justice?
No, because Six's baby isn't real. SeerSGB disagrees with me about Boomer. Do you see me calling him or his way of thinking "immoral"? Why would I give a damn that someone on a BSG board disagreed with me about the character of Boomer? Who cares? Like Darth Pipes says, get a grip.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.