Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 50 26.18%
Above Average 80 41.88%
Average 43 22.51%
Below Average 14 7.33%
Poor 4 2.09%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 7 2009, 08:36 AM   #61
DBR
Vice Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x18: "Islanded in a Stream of Stars"

During the scene where Kara was pinning her photo on the wall of dead, I was certain that she was going to blow her brains out. The scene began, I remembered the Dualla scene, and how I was only half paying attention during that one and didn't want to miss anything this time around...I waited... stopped breathing and blinking... but it didn't happen.
Old March 7 2009, 09:00 AM   #62
chrisspringob
Commodore

I don't really care that characters such as Simon and Doral have been neglected. They were barely characters to begin with. The cast is too big to focus on everyone. If anyone's been getting shafted lately, it's Lee Adama. He's fourth in the credits (after Adama, Roslin, and Starbuck), and he's barely been present in this half season, especially the last few episodes. He was in two scenes in this latest episode, and what?, one scene each in the three previous episodes?

And most of the scenes that he's in don't really give him much to do that's very interesting. His father's entire world is falling apart, but most of the elder Adama's emotional scenes are with Roslin or Tigh.
Old March 7 2009, 09:08 AM   #63
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

If there was ever an episode that needed the Doctor Who electronic sting at the end, this is probably it.
Old March 7 2009, 09:44 AM   #64
Hyperspace05
Commodore

Above Average for me. Loved the character moments.

The Cylon base looked very interesting... and VERY OLD. An ancient colony ship, perhaps?
Old March 7 2009, 09:46 AM   #65
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

Oh yeah I totally loved nü Starbuck putting the picture of old Starbuck on the memory wall. I found it very poignant. Even though we still don't know what she is.
Old March 7 2009, 09:47 AM   #66
RoJoHen
Awesome

So the mystery surrounding Kara coming back to life is that...sometimes people come back to life? Was that it? Is she Jesus or something?

I was kind of underwhelmed by this episode. Some important stuff happened, and it was fine, but I was generally left with a "meh" feeling. That's fine. It happens. I actually really enjoyed the previous two episodes, unlike a lot of people.

I definitely see shit hitting the fan next week, though.
Old March 7 2009, 11:29 AM   #67
Phily B
Fleet Captain

View Phily B's Twitter Profile

I hope to god that galactica goes out in style, and that this show does not end on a downer or in a sopranos style.
Old March 7 2009, 11:59 AM   #68
chrisspringob
Commodore

Phily B wrote: View Post
I hope to god that galactica goes out in style, and that this show does not end on a downer or in a sopranos style.
In the Season 3 finale viewing party podcast, Moore said that his favorite show was The Sopranos. So brace yourself.
Old March 7 2009, 12:00 PM   #69
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

Am I the only one who teared up when Adama broke down in painting the Wall?

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old March 7 2009, 12:09 PM   #70
Rii
Rear Admiral

Below Average. Last week's episode disguised its structural weaknesses with some interesting stylistic touches, this episode wasn't so fortunate. I watched Adama's cookie-cutter breakdown and felt nothing, they've gone to that well too many times now.

I hope they're not going where it looks like they're going with Galactica. A suicide mission would be both prosaic and overly melodramatic for BSG.

Brent wrote: View Post
Did anyone else laugh out loud at the bathroom scene, when Kara was on the toilet, and Baltar was shaving. I did, when she said "the latch was broken" and then you heard the sound of her taking a whizz, I LOL'd!
My favourite scene.

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
One other thing, I really hope we see Doral and Simon again before the series ends. They have been criminally neglected and I was thinking about that this week.
It's too late for that, I wish they hadn't tried it with Boomer and Ellen. I'd like to see Leoben (preferably with Kara) again, though.
Old March 7 2009, 01:38 PM   #71
Search4
Commander

Non Sync wrote: View Post
Who wants to see Galactica become reborn just like Kara's Viper?

Great great point.
Old March 7 2009, 02:20 PM   #72
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=1671

Bear McCreary wrote that they deleted scenes that established Tyrol was in the brig! He says that instead, they decided to extend the dialogue scenes. My opinion of this episode just dropped. What the hell. According to what's actually aired I guess Kelly, Tyrol, Racetrack, Skulls, Gage, Vireem are all hiding in the same closet somewhere.
Old March 7 2009, 04:06 PM   #73
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

T'Pers0n wrote: View Post
http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=1671

Bear McCreary wrote that they deleted scenes that established Tyrol was in the brig! He says that instead, they decided to extend the dialogue scenes. My opinion of this episode just dropped. What the hell. According to what's actually aired I guess Kelly, Tyrol, Racetrack, Skulls, Gage, Vireem are all hiding in the same closet somewhere.
I kept thinking I saw Kelly in uniform during the funeral scenes, but it was never him.

The sad thing is I think the last we saw Tyrol he was walking down a corridor with destruction raining down around him from Boomer's Raptor hitting the FTL so close to Galactica...then we didn't see him at all this last ep. Made me think he died or something.
Old March 7 2009, 04:13 PM   #74
Mike Farley
Commodore

Phily B wrote: View Post
HOSHI: Sir! A massive Cylon fleet has just jumped in!

Adama looks up.

Cut to black.

The End.
Old March 7 2009, 04:23 PM   #75
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

The character moments in this ep were great. They are the core of the show - more than the mythology. So I appreciate the writers taking time to give characters powerful, important scenes (because you know that if they didn't, people would complain after the fact that there was too much plot and not enough character). Having said that, I am getting worried by the fact that the writers are dancing around the mythology of the show without answering anything. We're down to the final three hours of the series, and we've yet to understand what the Opera House means, what Starbuck is, and who is pulling the strings behind it all. They keep bringing it up but never progressing. WTF?
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore