Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 50 26.18%
Above Average 80 41.88%
Average 43 22.51%
Below Average 14 7.33%
Poor 4 2.09%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 7 2009, 05:32 AM   #31
Velocity
Commodore

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x18: "Islanded in a Stream of Stars"

Once again Roslin tells Adama what he should do and he takes her advice after a little angst.
Old March 7 2009, 05:32 AM   #32
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

Love the show. But, does setting up the finale have to be so bland? Sure it's not filler. But, they can't just throw a bunch of scenes (though decent scenes) up against a wall and expect it to work as a solitary episode. The direction, editing, pacing, and music were all flat and rote. Loved the last episode so much partly due to it having so much of its own identity.
Old March 7 2009, 05:35 AM   #33
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Kara on the toilet...just what fans were asking for.

I was thinking Anders as Hybrid would help heal the Galactica somewhat or maybe accidently jump the ship.

All Adama had to do was ask Helo where the frak he expected to go with a Raptor...with no apparent leads on Cavil's location. I mean, really.

I liked Bill Adama's Jackson Pollock impression after the funeral.

Will Rick Worthy or even Matthew Bennett appear again before the show ends? I'm beginning to doubt it (No I don't read spoilers).
Old March 7 2009, 05:41 AM   #34
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Adama's breakdown and then discussion with Tigh was heartbreaking. Not just because it was a sad scene (it was) but just because you could really feel the end of the show coming. I've wanted to know how it's going to end so badly but... I realized how much I'm going to miss this show. Sniff.
Old March 7 2009, 05:44 AM   #35
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I find it interesting that the Final 5 can act as Hybrids.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 7 2009, 05:44 AM   #36
omnirad
Lieutenant Commander

Adama, Roslin, Kara and Lee have accepted the cards they've been given to play.
Tigh, Helo, and Boomer are fighting what they've been dealt.
Baltar is always playing a game, so I'm not sure about him.

You may say this is just buildup to the end, but necessary buildup emotionally. Otherwise all the mythology and explosions ring hollow.
Old March 7 2009, 05:59 AM   #37
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

Slow, plodding, and for the most part frittered away precious time. A few good reveals, but for the most part wasted potential.
Old March 7 2009, 06:06 AM   #38
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Interesting comments. I write reviews on my Livejournal page about this show and one of the things that was brought up this week was the idea of answering questions vs. dealing with human emotion. My main point, and the reason why I didn't really enjoy the episode last week was because I'm all for human emotion and drama, but it should be interesting and if it isn't, than things should be revealed. This is the final 3 episodes of the show, and things should start being brought to closure. I think the writers have taken too much time meandering and not letting the characters feel the effect (Based on the concept of cause and effect) of thier consequences. I'm talking of course mainly about Kara, but the other characters too. I mean how many times can we see Adama walk around his ship being all gloomy because it's dying? How many times can Balter preach without it getting boring. Good character development requires allowing the characters to jump to that next level, and that and the mysteries that have been facing us two years now is really what I expect from this show.

With that being said, I find these comments interesting because this episode was full of human emotion and I absolutely loved it. I did feel this week a sense of closure coming, and a sense that whatever we learn about Starbuck is going to be coming really really soon. I do wish we knew by now but I think this episode still dealt with the "effect" portion quite well. Adama having to let go finally, Kara letting go finally, and we got to see more of Lee.

What I really liked about this episode though were the character moments. I loved the funeral scene and hearing the old Season 1 theme song again (The one everyone hated that wasn't done during the Britain showings), or the Hand of God theme at the end, or the scenes with Ellen and Saul, or the final scene with Adama and Saul. It's these moments that did give me a sense of things starting to wrap up and I thought it was a great set up for the finale. In fact, I think this is in my top 3 episodes of the season. Next week is when the storm comes, but this week was the calm before.

Excellent excellent episode.
Old March 7 2009, 06:09 AM   #39
Velocity
Commodore

Poor Tory. She only gets to sit around and look. She never speaks anymore. Her character has had little to do. Only Simon does less.
Old March 7 2009, 06:09 AM   #40
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

One other thing, I really hope we see Doral and Simon again before the series ends. They have been criminally neglected and I was thinking about that this week.
Old March 7 2009, 06:10 AM   #41
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

Are there two one hour episodes left or is there a one hour episode next week and the final episode on the 20th is a two hour sendoff?
Old March 7 2009, 06:11 AM   #42
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
Are there two one hour episodes left or is there a one hour episode next week and the final episode on the 20th is a two hour sendoff?
Daybreak I - One Hour
Daybreak II - two Hours.
Old March 7 2009, 06:12 AM   #43
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
One other thing, I really hope we see Doral and Simon again before the series ends. They have been criminally neglected and I was thinking about that this week.
Really most of the Cylons have been ignored. Caprica Six has been wasted since season three when she defected.

Sonia is a plot device. No sign of Simon, Doral and the other Cylons. Tory pretty much has been wasted. Ellen had one good episode in "No Exit". I could care less about Boomer. She has been off the show for so long.
Old March 7 2009, 06:17 AM   #44
Harvey
Admiral

Why would we see Simon or Doral? We barely spent any time on Cavil's colony ship (if that is indeed what it was).

Tory's been wasted, though. I don't know why she wasn't just killed by Tyrol after the murder of Cally. Speaking of Tyrol, the one gaping hole was his absence the entire episode. Explained in the podcast?

Above average. Heading towards what could be a great finale. Loved the final scene with Tigh and Adama--as much a goodbye to "Galactica" the series as "Galactica" the ship.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old March 7 2009, 06:20 AM   #45
Velocity
Commodore

But what happened to Chief Tyrol? Did they know that he beat the 8 who just died and that he helped Boomer escape? Is he in the brig?