Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 49 56.98%
Above Average 28 32.56%
Average 7 8.14%
Below Average 1 1.16%
Poor 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 6 2009, 06:18 PM   #121
Gertch
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Or, I guess, the Other's might have found them and taken them in. Bernard & Rose as "hostiles" anyone?
Adam and Eve?
With the white and black stones being a clue?
Old March 6 2009, 08:10 PM   #122
Vic Sixx
Commodore

It was pretty good. I bit mushy in the Sawyer/Juliet lovey dovey department but that's okay. Sawyer got pretty high up in the Darma pecking order pretty quick, didn't he? And when did Sawyer learn about Mile's ability? Did that happen off camera?
Old March 6 2009, 08:38 PM   #123
jamestyler
Commodore

View jamestyler's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jamestyler

Vic Sixx wrote: View Post
Sawyer got pretty high up in the Darma pecking order pretty quick, didn't he?
I've begun to wonder if that maybe had something to do with Richard, or rather how responsive Richard was to him within those three years.
Old March 6 2009, 08:42 PM   #124
Mallet
Fleet Captain

jamestyler wrote: View Post
Vic Sixx wrote: View Post
Sawyer got pretty high up in the Darma pecking order pretty quick, didn't he?
I've begun to wonder if that maybe had something to do with Richard, or rather how responsive Richard was to him within those three years.
And having knowledge of the future and a 2000's attitude wouldn't hurt.
Old March 6 2009, 08:50 PM   #125
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

We saw Juliet's bare back at the end...I can't remember, but shouldn't her 'brand' be visible? Or was that lower?
Old March 6 2009, 09:02 PM   #126
Mallet
Fleet Captain

It was pretty low, but we probably should have been able to see it unless it has faded away or was healed by the island.
Old March 6 2009, 10:42 PM   #127
Mr Light
Admiral

Hmm, maybe with La Fleur in charge of Dharma Security the truce held through 1974-7, but then when they inevitably travel back to the present, the conflict resumes.

Old March 6 2009, 10:49 PM   #128
Seven of Five
Commodore

Above Average. Still a really good episode, but not quite up there with Ben killing Locke.

The teaser managed to be a total mindfuck- flashforward three years later and Sawyers been brainwashed by Dharma? Well not quite, but I laughed nevertheless. All of the 'Three Years Later' titles kept making me feel I was in for a flashback episode of Heroes but that bullet was dodged!

I loved seeing the statue again. I remember season 2's cliffhanger where my head exploded six or seven times, was the statue number two or three? I forget, but I always hoped to see a follow-up on it. This time-flashing malarky seems like a good oportunity for it.

Sawyer/Juliet seemed a bit mushy, but saw it coming really - they were both the Alpha Male/Female left behind, it just seemed inevitable. However Sawyer/Juliet is much better than Sawyer/Kate, which looks like its back at the end there.
Old March 7 2009, 01:34 AM   #129
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

Good episode. Now Locke needs to go through three years of hell before he and the others are all "synched up."
Old March 7 2009, 01:39 AM   #130
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Good episode. Now Locke needs to go through three years of hell before he and the others are all "synched up."
why?

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 7 2009, 02:23 AM   #131
Zulu Romeo
is doing this now

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
This episode wasn't very well pieced together. I liked it well enough, but there was just something missing. This was Mark Goldman's first career directing credit, so I'll cut him some slack... but he's no Jack Bender!
I'm still waiting for Darren Aronofsky to direct an episode, as was rumoured a long time ago.

middyseafort wrote: View Post
Mallet wrote: View Post
I assume that Rose & Bernard are dead now?
If that is the case, then I'll be pissed! They are the heart-and-soul of the show, imo.
Nah, the heart and soul of the show were clearly Boone and Shannon.

I continue to be Zion Ravescene...
Old March 7 2009, 03:33 AM   #132
chrisspringob
Commodore

AceAceAceAce wrote: View Post
From another board:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawaret

Tarawet:

...Taweret became seen, very early in Egyptian history, as a deity of protection in pregnancy and childbirth. Pregnant women wore amulets with her name or likeness to protect their pregnancies. Her image could also be found on knives made from hippopotamus ivory, which would be used as wands in rituals to drive evil spirits away from mothers and children...

Someone on the IMDb board also pointed out that Richard's initials are "Ra". Wonder if that's just a coincidence or not. Ra was also associated with the ankh.
Old March 7 2009, 04:04 AM   #133
Gertch
Admiral

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post

Back view of Anubis statue that presides over king Tut's tomb. Compare that with a still of the statue from last night's episode. The statue is pretty clearly Egyptian, especially with all the talk about the temple and the egyptian heiroglyphics everywhere.
As someone in the lunch room today reminded me, when one died their heart was weighed opposite a feather. If it weighed more than the feather you weren't on the GOOD list, and Anubis would devour you.
Old March 7 2009, 05:12 AM   #134
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Hrm, that could explain the "lists"

the more and more I am convinced Egyptian mythology plays a big part in this Island

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 7 2009, 05:36 AM   #135
chrisspringob
Commodore

Brent wrote: View Post
Hrm, that could explain the "lists"

the more and more I am convinced Egyptian mythology plays a big part in this Island
Tunisia (where the donkey wheel takes you) is also vaguely in the neighborhood of Egypt. Maybe ancient inhabitants of the Island transported themselves to Tunisia via the donkey wheel, and eventually made their way to Egypt, where they helped shape Egyptian mythology.