RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 454
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 49 56.98%
Above Average 28 32.56%
Average 7 8.14%
Below Average 1 1.16%
Poor 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 5 2009, 07:43 PM   #91
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Re: Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Both the island folk and the Oceanic 6 have been "synchronized". So far, it looks like Locke is the only one who hasn't experienced a three-year time period.
If I had to guess, I think we'll get an episode that deals with Locke's 3 years with the survivors of the other plane crash. Based on the strangeness of his tale and Walt's premonition, it's easy to guess that things won't go so well between him and those survivors.

Sawyer was pure awsomeness the way he handled both their cover story and Richard Alpert. Way to go.
Agreed. Loved how they combined the skills of his old life in with the new community loving Sawyer! Very well done. A joy to watch and very believable.

Mr Awe
Who is to say that Locke spends 3 years with the Ajira people? I don't think this will happen. There has already been a 3 year gap for both groups on and off the island now.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 5 2009, 08:07 PM   #92
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

I have to say that the music towards the end of the episode was very good too, especially the use of the Oceanic Six theme when "Jim" talks about how he's forgotten about Kate, and the triumphant-yet-sinister (that Michael Giacchino... ) return of Kate's theme at the very end.

Old March 5 2009, 09:09 PM   #93
Mr Light
Admiral

DeafPoet: the opening scene of Season 5, we see Chang in the middle of making an Arrow Orientation Video. "CHANG: Hello. I'm Dr. Marvin Candle, and this is the orientation film for station two, the Arrow. Given your specific area of expertise, you should find it no surprise that this station's primary purpose is to develop defensive strategies and gather intelligence on the island's hostile indigenous population-- "

Old March 5 2009, 09:16 PM   #94
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Oh wait, Richard talked of a truce with his people and the Dharma people. But wasn't it Richards people who had attacked that women and her husband just having a picnic? Looks like they violated the truce first.

Old March 5 2009, 09:19 PM   #95
Hermiod
Admiral

Average. I still say time travel is an aspect this show could have seriously done without.
Old March 5 2009, 09:22 PM   #96
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

Brent wrote: View Post
Oh wait, Richard talked of a truce with his people and the Dharma people. But wasn't it Richards people who had attacked that women and her husband just having a picnic? Looks like they violated the truce first.
But why was she out there beyond the sonic fence to begin with? She must have been up to something.
Old March 5 2009, 09:42 PM   #97
AceAceAceAce
Lieutenant Junior Grade

From another board:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawaret

Tarawet:

...Taweret became seen, very early in Egyptian history, as a deity of protection in pregnancy and childbirth. Pregnant women wore amulets with her name or likeness to protect their pregnancies. Her image could also be found on knives made from hippopotamus ivory, which would be used as wands in rituals to drive evil spirits away from mothers and children...

Old March 5 2009, 09:44 PM   #98
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

And she has four toes. Neat.

Old March 5 2009, 09:57 PM   #99
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Finally, it's hard to say what the series is about at this point.
Forgive me, but I had to chuckle a little at that. At this point? I've felt that way all along. Just try to explain this series to someone who's never watched it.
There is that. But, what I mean is that at least the characters had some identifiable goal, the show had a direction. First, they wanted to be rescued. The island had weird stuff but mostly they just wanted off. Then, the O6 were rescued but then had to get back. Now, they're in this limbo where they want to be on the island, they are, but living in the past. Do they just want to stay put or what?

I think the show will provide the next major goal soon. That'll probably become more clear at least.

But you're right, nothing is ever clear in this show. I guess in someways it seems more unclear even though some mysteries have been explained.

Mr Awe
Old March 5 2009, 10:01 PM   #100
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I gave it above average. For the most part, it was simply set up. But I did a lot of thinking and I was surprised how much this episode brought second season back into focus. Not only did we finally get to the see the statue, but we get to see the Dharma Initiative again. To be perfectly honest, after Man Behind the Curtain, I had assumed that the Dharma initiative's story was done. But it appears there's more to see, which is kinda neat, since it draws the second season back into things.
Old March 5 2009, 10:36 PM   #101
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: the truce breaking. It looks like Amy and Paul snuck off the reservation for a romantic picnic, and thus intruded on the Natives' territory. The pair of Natives came across them and were going to kill them both for trespassing. .... What is the show "about" now? It's about the "war" coming, either between Ben and Widmore for control of the Island, or the Others and the present-day Dharma for control of the Island, or a new yet unseen party. Wasn't there a ComicCon thing about Dharma recruiting new employees to retake the Island in 2008 or something?

Old March 5 2009, 10:49 PM   #102
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

I thought Horace's line about "Jim" not being "DHARMA material" tied in neatly with this year's ARG aboout recruiting new DHARMA members.

Old March 6 2009, 12:04 AM   #103
Brent
Admiral

Flukie wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
But why was she out there beyond the sonic fence to begin with? She must have been up to something.
Lots of the Dharma stations are beyond the sonic fence. I think she was just having a picnic.

Old March 6 2009, 01:18 AM   #104
Mr Light
Admiral

^^ Maybe they're allowed to travel along the roads but not leave the roads. There's also the subway to consider!

Old March 6 2009, 01:48 AM   #105
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Above Average.

The high-light was the few seconds with the statue, I was excited about that before everyone got ripped away. The scene between Sawyer and Richard was great too, and it was nice seeing more Dharma stuff. I just really hope they don't go back to the Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet love quadrangle.

Poor Juliet, she is everyone's second choice.