CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 49 56.98%
Above Average 28 32.56%
Average 7 8.14%
Below Average 1 1.16%
Poor 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 5 2009, 06:02 PM   #76
gh4chiefs
Rear Admiral

Re: Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

Anubis? So where's the Stargate?
Old March 5 2009, 06:13 PM   #77
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

As far as the romance stuff goes, I hope they just spend an episode or two dealing with Jack-Kate-Sawyer-Juliet angst but ultimately just end it with Jack & Kate being together and Sawyer & Juliet being together. Done, over with, let's move on with other stories.

Anyway, I voted Average for this episode. Pretty standard Lost fare.
Old March 5 2009, 06:20 PM   #78
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
Old March 5 2009, 06:26 PM   #79
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Here's a theory for you. Maybe Richard IS Anubis.
Old March 5 2009, 06:33 PM   #80
Mr Light
Admiral

I just remember another interesting bit, they talked about telling the Arrow to go to condition one alert or something like that. We learned earlier that the Arrow is about developing defenses/weapons against the Hostiles, but what exactly does that mean?

Old March 5 2009, 06:36 PM   #81
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Above average.
Finally, it's hard to say what the series is about at this point. Before, it was getting rescued and then getting back to the island and stopping the jumping. Now, they're back, the jumping is stopped. What else is there?

Mr Awe
I think the series from the start has been about 'What is the Island?'.

An Excellent from me. I like James with Juliet much better than Kate. ZOMG the statue, indeed! My gf lol'd at the eyeliner remark, she had wondered about that herself.

Poor Daniel, it was heartbreaking when he saw Charlotte again as a happy little girl, knowing what happens to her. I wonder where the writers are going with that.

Ugh, two weeks!
Old March 5 2009, 06:41 PM   #82
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Hm, why doesn't anything happen in the middle of the island? What's there?
Old March 5 2009, 06:49 PM   #83
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I just remember another interesting bit, they talked about telling the Arrow to go to condition one alert or something like that. We learned earlier that the Arrow is about developing defenses/weapons against the Hostiles, but what exactly does that mean?
Did we? I pride myself on my Lost knowledge but I don't remember that. I'm sure I'll feel stupid when you reply.

EDIT: I should clarify that I gleaned The Arrow's purpose just fine from tonight but I don't recall its function being mentioned explicitly before. [/EDIT]

We do know that Horace was sporting an Arrow jumpsuit in "The Man Behind The Curtain" with the job title "Mathematician" in the 80's as well as in 1992. What that means I dunno.
Old March 5 2009, 07:10 PM   #84
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

Flukie wrote: View Post
Hm, why doesn't anything happen in the middle of the island?
Because there are clowns to the left of them, jokers to the right. The war is coming, and no one wants to get stuck in the middle.
Old March 5 2009, 07:14 PM   #85
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

^ so it's where the Frozen Steeler's Wheel is???
Old March 5 2009, 07:16 PM   #86
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Stargate joke aside, that's probably the most accurate map of the island I've yet seen. At least to my mind, anyway. One of the entertainment mags put one out awhile ago that was bafflingly implausible.
Old March 5 2009, 07:35 PM   #87
cubbie
Vice Admiral

I'm interested in why Amy could have a baby and "in the future" women couldn't. Is it related in some way to the number of people who can be on the island at one time? If that number falls below a certain level, the island reincarnates them or causes a boat or plane to crash? Is that why the oceanic 816 survivors are split between times, now that the Ajira survivors are in the "present" and most of the Oceanic are either dead or in the past. This could explain why the oceanic 6 may be split in time, too.
Old March 5 2009, 07:35 PM   #88
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

auntiehill wrote: View Post
When will the Dharma group find Locke and Ben?

Can't WAIT to find out.

I think Locke and Ben, along with the rest of the Ajira people, are in their "present" time. I.e. not in the 70's with the rest, but back in the same time the plane left and crashed. Only the people who flahsed away on the plane are in the 70's.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old March 5 2009, 07:37 PM   #89
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

jamestyler wrote: View Post
Though from what we've seen already it's safe to say that Faraday's at the Orchid and we'll get some explanation to his 'I won't do it...' ramblings - which could likely be some big action at the end of the season.
I took that as he won't tell Charlotte or something, I thought it had to do something about her.

Old March 5 2009, 07:42 PM   #90
Brent
Admiral

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Above average. I really enjoyed this episode. The Lost writers have done an excellent job combining the character developments with the plot developments. The characters grow AND we learn a lot about Dharma life and the jumping has stopped. Good progression all around (the BSG writers can learn from this except, oh, that series is almost over).

Sawyer has totally changed to someone who is part of a community now and that change has seemed totally natural. The relationship between him and Juliet also seems totally natural even though it would've been hard to predict before. Not too long ago, see them life with Dharma would've been unpredictable but it was very enjoyable.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it with Jack, Hurley, and Kate. Clearly, Sawyer wants to protect his community, probably at the expense of the other survivors. I hope they don't go to far down that path because I think that'll get tedious quickly.

So far so good. It's interesting. But, I hope their time at Dharma is limited because I think that'll get old.

Finally, it's hard to say what the series is about at this point. Before, it was getting rescued and then getting back to the island and stopping the jumping. Now, they're back, the jumping is stopped. What else is there?

Get back to their own time? Or maybe, go back to the distant past and check out that civilization? Maybe, but why? I think the goal of the series is at this point very unclear, at least to me. That hasn't interfered with my enjoyment yet but hope we get some indication soon!

Mr Awe
I think the goal now is first to get everyone back together, and then get everyone back together in the same time.