IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 3 2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Jax
Admiral

TV Ratings (Monday 2nd March)

Normal service is resumed ...

-Total Viewers:
ABC: 16.13 million, CBS: 12.65, Fox: 11.10, NBC: 6.97, CW: 1.06

-Adults 18-49:
ABC: 5.8 rating/14 share, CBS: 4.1/10, Fox: 3.3/8, NBC: 2.7/6, CW: 0.5/1

ABC

The Bachelor (season finale) - 15.46 million & 5.4/13
The Bachelor: After The Final Rose - 17.47 million & 6.7/16

CBS

The Big Bang Theory - 10.94 million & 3.9/10
How I Met Your Mother - 11.08 million & 4.2/10
Two and a Half Men - 15.42 million & 4.9/11
Rules of Engagement (season debut) - 11.86 million & 3.9/9
CSI: Miami - 13.31 million & 3.8/9

FOX

24 (2 hour) - 11.10 million & 3.3/ 8

NBC

Chuck - 6.59 million & 2.4/6
Heroes - 7.04 million & 3.2/8
Medium (series low) - 7.28 million & 2.5/6

CW

Gossip Girl (repeat) - 1.13 million & 0.5/1
One Tree Hill (repeat) - 981,000 & 0.4/1
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received

Last edited by A JaxMas Carol; March 3 2009 at 09:32 PM.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: TV Ratings (Monday 3rd March)

Hooray! I was so lost without these threads and was too dumb to figure out where to find them on my own

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2009, 08:50 PM   #3
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

I'm curious, where do you get the numbers?

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2009, 09:05 PM   #4
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

Monday was the second of March
Old March 3 2009, 09:28 PM   #5
Barbados Slim
Rear Admiral

How I Met Your Mother was a big winner this week. Too bad it wasn't that great of an episode.

Heroes has got to be a goner for season 4. Those people who left are not coming back.
Barbados Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Top41

Heroes has really slipped. But the show has gone so far downhill in quality, I'm not surprised. It's too bad, given the potential this show had in its first season. The audience was there for it, too--but repetition of both storylines and character arcs really killed it.

Glad to see 24 doing fairly well. It's definitely an aging show--but its audience is still there.
Old March 4 2009, 12:53 AM   #7
Thrall
Commodore

Heroes is a sinking ship and it's taking Chuck and Medium down with it.
Old March 4 2009, 12:55 AM   #8
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

Chuck was doing well, and building every week, and then that break a couple weeks ago screwed it up.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2009, 01:20 AM   #9
Thrall
Commodore

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Chuck was doing well, and building every week, and then that break a couple weeks ago screwed it up.

Yeah pretty much. Every time that happens they take a dive. Considering that they didn't start to develop a following until this season, because the writers strike killed their first season, and considering they're going up against the stiffest competition on TV right now, I'd say they're doing about as well as anyone could given their situation. Having to act as lead in to Heroes doesn't help their situation though. A move to another night would do wonders imo.
Old March 4 2009, 01:21 AM   #10
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Heroes last week did even worse so at least it went up, it was 6.5 or something. It was a series low.
Old March 4 2009, 02:06 AM   #11
Jax
Admiral

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Heroes last week did even worse so at least it went up, it was 6.5 or something. It was a series low.
6.95 million...season 4 will be the last at this rate.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2009, 03:28 AM   #12
Mr Light
Admiral

Every show I follow seems to be sharply dropping in ratings this year (Heroes, 24, Lost, CSI, etc). Is there a single show that is RISING in the ratings this year? Well I think Mother & Big Bang went up. Isn't this just an artifact of everyone switching to TIVO/downloading?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2009, 03:29 AM   #13
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
At this rate this season should be the last.
Old March 4 2009, 03:52 AM   #14
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
Probably, yeah. But at least Bryan Fuller will have a year to get the show whipped back into some kind of shape and give us something to remember it by besides, "thank God that crap is gone."

Who knows what NBC will have planned after that. NBC is an even bigger sinking ship than Heroes, so it's all relative.

The ever-savvy Review/Cancel Index:

Heroes is way down from the heights of its earlier seasons. Heck, it’s way down from earlier this season. Fans are worried that the shows big budget might cause it to be canceled. I don’t buy it. I think NBC’s scripted line up is just in such utter shambles that NBC will somehow work out the numbers to bring Heroes back. It might come back with a big budget cut, and may not look like the current show, but I think it will be back.
Scuttlebutt has it that Heroes is firing its junior writers. Maybe it should fire all its writers. But it's a good sign for budgetary restraint either way.
Every show I follow seems to be sharply dropping in ratings this year (Heroes, 24, Lost, CSI, etc). Is there a single show that is RISING in the ratings this year? Well I think Mother & Big Bang went up. Isn't this just an artifact of everyone switching to TIVO/downloading?
It's an artifact of competition with cable. But no, I can't think of any shows that are doing better than treading water for their lives.
A little over a generation ago, the three commercial broadcast networks controlled over 90% of the primetime television audience. Today, the share of the 11 different commercial broadcast networks is less than 40% and falling.

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; March 4 2009 at 04:05 AM.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2009, 11:05 AM   #15
chrisspringob
Commodore

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Big Bang Theory keeps gaining in the ratings (well, this particular week is a bit of an exception to that).

Downloading has barely any impact on ratings at all, if any. It's still a relatively small number who download in the US (relative to the millions who watch via traditional means), and people who are so into a show that they're going to bother to download are probably going to try to catch it on their TV as well if they're a Nielsen household.
chrisspringob is offline   Reply With Quote