Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 98 40.33%
Above Average 76 31.28%
Average 45 18.52%
Below Average 15 6.17%
Poor 9 3.70%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 2 2009, 11:16 PM   #211
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

That was my guess, too.

It would have been awesome if the song she played in that episode had been "All Along the Watchtower."
Old March 2 2009, 11:16 PM   #212
adv1701
Lieutenant Commander

Did anyone notice what looked like a Horgon satue in Adamas quarters or am I just nuts?
Old March 2 2009, 11:27 PM   #213
cbspock
Rear Admiral

middyseafort wrote: View Post
flux_29 wrote: View Post
Here's a question: in season 3 it's said that Hera can recognize Athena from Boomer, yet when Boomer picked her up from day-care, why did hera go along peacefully? did she want to go with her to cavil?
Hera is going to pull a Star Child (V) on Cavil's ass.
I sure hope we are not headed in that direction.

I would prefer a Shakespeare style tragic ending to the whole series.

-Chris
Old March 3 2009, 12:14 AM   #214
trevanian
Rear Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
That was my guess, too.

It would have been awesome if the song she played in that episode had been "All Along the Watchtower."
A sick and twisted part of me still wishes the music that had triggered the final 5 had been lifted from the original GALACTICA pilot's disco number, the one that went something like this (feel free to imagine the exec and the others doing one line each of this ditty):

it don't matter where you go
it don't matter what you do
cuz something's always after you

it's love love love
it's love love love love love love love

singed into my hindbrain over 30 yrs later (sigh)
Old March 3 2009, 01:01 AM   #215
Electric Coleslaw
Rear Admiral

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
Love the Watchtower reveal scene. It's a really dramatic moment, the way the loud notes pop in at just the right time and you see the Cylons recognize it. Tigh's reaction is just fantastic.
For some reason his "What the frak!!!" had me laughing my ass off!
Pure Tigh!

I kind of like how even though we know there are only 4 episodes left, the characters don't. You can sense dismal hopeless long rut they think they are headed into and only we know that events will start crashing in from all sides soon.
Old March 3 2009, 01:07 AM   #216
Dark Gilligan
Writer

backstept wrote: View Post
why the frak does everyone think Kara's dad is 'Daniel'? there's no evidence to support this . . .
Really? Why would Kara's dad know a song that Sam Anders had played 2,000 years prior on Earth? Who taught it to him, and why did he pass it on to Kara? And why was that very song the trigger that awakened the FF? The song is a map. Watch Dreilide's face as Kara slowly starts to remember, look at his eyes. There's some serious shit going on...
Old March 3 2009, 01:16 AM   #217
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

AJBryant wrote: View Post
GodBen wrote: View Post
Finally, if Dreilide is Daniel then a quiet character moment from the beginning of season 2 will actually have been one of the most important scenes of the whole show.

WHAT quiet character moment?
Gregsmack wrote: View Post
I think he's referring to Kara and Helo's pitstop in Kara's apartment in 'Valley of Darkness'
Yup, that's the one I was talking about. Just think, if somebody was watching this show without knowing that the writers were pulling it all out of their asses, and Daniel does end up being Kara's dad, then they might just think that scene was a clever piece of foreshadowing.
Old March 3 2009, 02:04 AM   #218
steveman
Fleet Captain

^

Ah, very true. I have a feeling that this show has a chance to become even more revered than it already is (unless the finale ruins everything) once it's off the air and people discover it on DVD. The inside information that many of us know now (i.e. that the writers have been pulling things out of their asses, etc) will likely fade away.
Old March 3 2009, 02:39 AM   #219
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Dark Gilligan wrote: View Post
why the frak does everyone think Kara's dad is 'Daniel'? there's no evidence to support this . . .
Really? Why would Kara's dad know a song that Sam Anders had played 2,000 years prior on Earth? Who taught it to him, and why did he pass it on to Kara? And why was that very song the trigger that awakened the FF? The song is a map. Watch Dreilide's face as Kara slowly starts to remember, look at his eyes. There's some serious shit going on...
Yup, I think it's a map that has been passed on for longer than anybody actually realizes, maybe from the first Cylons created on Kobol (who IMO are the Virtuals) and if not from that time, either a time before Kobol, a map to Earth qua Earth as we know it to be, the place where all of mankind originated.

I also don't think Cavil is really all that interested in finding the Colonists and eliminating them. They're lost in space as far as he's concerned, so he can just leave them there to rot on their own. He's more concerned with finding resurrection technology again. IMO, what'll happen is that both sides will finally figure out that they have a map to someplace else, "Earth 2" if you will. Cavil will go there to hopefully find resurrection technology, trading on it being an outpost of the 13th tribe that he can either take over with his assault force or play friendly with in order to gain their assistance. The Colonists will go there to find a place to live. Their meeting will be an accident, although I think the Colonists will be prepared to face Cavil since they have the advantage of knowing that both the song and the picture corresponding to its notes are the same map in different forms. The Cylons don't know about the song, so they won't be expecting the Colonists to show up.

Since we've not yet heard anybody say, "Go back to where you came from!" (have we?), I also guess that there's something on that planet or outpost that neither party will expect to find, one that will finally force them into a settled peace, unless the Centurions themselves rise up and put an end to it. We'll get our epic battle, but I'll bet we get one of those "Organian interference" endings.
Old March 3 2009, 03:48 AM   #220
Aragorn
Admiral

why the frak does everyone think Kara's dad is 'Daniel'?
there's no evidence to support this . . .
What were you waiting for, for Starbuck to start singing the lyrics to the song with the first verse being "My dad is secretly a Cylon skinjob"?
Old March 3 2009, 04:16 AM   #221
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
What were you waiting for, for Starbuck to start singing the lyrics to the song with the first verse being "My dad is secretly a Cylon skinjob"?
Roddenberry is the lyricist, then?
Old March 3 2009, 05:29 AM   #222
Swarles Barkley
Commodore

steveman wrote: View Post
Perhaps Daniel (or Starbuck's father, if you will) has something to do with the Kobol Opera House. Maybe he's playing the piano there or something. Seems like they could be connected. Who knows?
Apologies if someone else already posted this, but honestly I'm just too tired to look through the whole thread. But didn't the recording of her father that Starbuck got from Helo say it was recorded "at the Opera House" or something like that?
Old March 3 2009, 06:06 AM   #223
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

It did, good sir, it did.
Old March 3 2009, 07:58 AM   #224
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

Aragorn wrote: View Post
I can't say what prompted the feeling, but when my roommate and I were watching the episode, things went somewhat like this:

[We're both sitting comfortably, staring at the screen]

SLICK: The point is to bring a little grace and beauty to an otherwise ugly and brutal existence.

ME [still staring at the screen]: That's both Starbuck's dad and Daniel, isn't it?

MY ROOMMATE [also staring at the screen]: Yup.
Old March 3 2009, 08:30 AM   #225
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

^Also, the writers were very clearly placing Hera in parallel with Starbuck. Hera drew the stars. Starbuck remembered the song. Both are separated from their parents by different means. In addition, Boomer shared a projection with Tyrol, a Cylon. Hybrids navigate the basestars. Hybrids are see things and feel things that others cannot, just like Hera and Starbuck. The implication is that both Hera and Starbuck are also hybrids, which makes perfect sense.

Hera's parents are Helo (human) and Athena (Cylon). By process of deduction, we know that no member of the final Five can be Starbuck's father. We know her mother is human. So, we're left with the 8 models. Unless one of the existing males (Cavil, Leoben, Doral, Simon) is her father, we're left with Daniel, one (or more) of which somehow survived Cavil's actions.