Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 15 7.08%
Above Average 56 26.42%
Average 99 46.70%
Below Average 30 14.15%
Poor 12 5.66%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 26 2009, 09:33 PM   #211
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x16: "Deadlock"

^I can only say...I pretty much agree with everything you said. It gave us a lot of info on the Cylons as people without being on-the-nose. I think that approach actually works much better for this show than other approaches. *coughNoExitcoughcough*
Old February 27 2009, 02:12 PM   #212
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

Well as much as I love this series 'Deadlock' didn't do much for me, and here I was so upset with myself for missing it last Friday

After watching it a few times...meh. I was disappointed in how quickly Ellen degenerated to her old scheming self…she was so confident and self assured on Cavils ship.

Neat how Laura observed the Cylon morning the loss of another and understood that it was a significant event.

How can everyone forgot Anders warning NOT to leave the ship in order to stop events from continually repeating? Something big will happen on the Galitica if Sol stays.

As far as giving the Baltar crew heavy weapons goes…probably not the smartest move but he has been operating from a more moral foundation lately…and it would seem Adama is losing control of his own men

I wondered about the Mutineers’when I saw Starbuk at the bar alone but got the heads up in the podcast thread.

Deadlock’ was OK, a show we needed we see, imo it just wasn’t compelling like we’ve grown use to this season
Old February 27 2009, 05:05 PM   #213
Harvey
Admiral

anti-matter wrote: View Post
How can everyone forgot Anders warning NOT to leave the ship in order to stop events from continually repeating? Something big will happen on the Galitica if [Saul] stays.
They didn't forget. Ellen and Tory didn't seem to care. Tyrol had his own personal agenda, but made sure everyone remembered Anders' warning. Saul is the only one who really listened, I think.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old February 27 2009, 06:34 PM   #214
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

^well OK that's true and that's what I was getting to...some are ready to cut and run.

According to Anders everyone's salvation lays with staying on the Galactica. So why are they so quick to discount that?

Things are improving for the Cylons in the fleet and once the BSG is repaired they are stronger together against Cavil.
Old February 27 2009, 10:09 PM   #215
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

"Helen.. you're the fifth?"

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha
Old February 27 2009, 10:20 PM   #216
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I got a really impressive softon throughout the airing.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Old March 1 2009, 09:00 AM   #217
CaptainKit
Vice Admiral

I voted Below Average. The storyline is absolutely incomprehensible. I don't know where this series is going but I stopped caring a long time ago. Yes, I'm watching it until the end because I've invested all these years and want to see how it ends but I have no emotional ties to any of the characters anymore.

Too bad. BSG started with a bang and is going out in a fizzle.
Old March 1 2009, 10:34 PM   #218
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

Decided to go with "Average" for this one. It's a shame, really, because a lot of it is better than average, I think.
But what really pulls it down for me is the way Ellen goes on when she returns to Galactica. I understand that there would still be some of the old Ellen in there, and I can imagine that returning to the man you loved in two lives but who also killed you and who is/was expecting a child with one of your "children" must be quite confusing.
At the same time, I really have the impression that the "new" Ellen we'd been introduced to in "No Exit" would have gotten over it quicker, handled it with more grace and dignity. I think she simply slips too far here.
Old March 1 2009, 11:47 PM   #219
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I got a really impressive softon...
This is remarkable...how?