Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy

Trek Retro Watches

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 98 40.33%
Above Average 76 31.28%
Average 45 18.52%
Below Average 15 6.17%
Poor 9 3.70%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 28 2009, 05:55 AM   #61
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

Above average. It's fairly clear now that the series doesn't have enough plot left to make it to the end so they're spreading it out thin. What we saw tonight was done well, but it wasn't extraordinary.

Kara and her Daddy (I'm assuming). Their story would've been more interesting if they had actually moved it forward. Just a bunch of piano playing until the very end. What happens next should be interesting but that doesn't help this episode.

Tyrol and Boomer. A sort of touching love story ending with betrayal. They played it well but ultimately it fell short. Cavil will get Hera. Again, what happens next should be interesting but that doesn't help this episode.

Tonights episode, good for character moments but short on story. In both main stories, they really only advanced right at the end setting things up. They're spreading the plot thin at this point. Fortunately for them, the characters keep it interesting enough.

Mr Awe
Old February 28 2009, 05:57 AM   #62
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
It was piss ass fucking bullshit poor.

I love the previews that Sci-fi does "....was just the beginning!!!". No, the show is fucking over in 3 weeks it's the fucking end! GET TO THE FUCKING POINT!!!!

Are the Final Five good for anything? Nope.
Do we know anything about Starbuck? Nope.
Boomer is still useless? Yep.
Ship still dieing? Yep.

Where is John and the other Cylons? How is Baltar's cult going to play into the show?

I normally wouldn't care but there are only 4 fucking "hours" left and it's time to get their ass moving!!!
I completely agree. What a way to piss away a precious hour. I'm seriously contemplating just Tivoing the rest of the series and watching it after the fact. If it wasn't at the end, I'm flat out drop it.

The Boomer storyline was good, and I really liked the end of the episode.

As for the "answers" about Kara? What a way to waste time and not say anything.

I'm so disappointed with this second half of this season. So much potential to wrap things up and what a dragging, boring assed waste of time.
Old February 28 2009, 06:02 AM   #63
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
This episode was awesome, so much happened in the last 15 minutes. So much revealed. Ellen said someone is manipulating all of them, pulling the strings, I believe there is something behind all of this.
We've been discussing and theorizing about the 3rd party pulling the strings for quite a long time now, this is nothing new.

Mr Awe
Old February 28 2009, 06:03 AM   #64
Danoz
Rear Admiral

I enjoyed it, above average (as I consider "average" a lot of season three's quadrangle). I'm not as critical as you guys... just excited to see what they do. I'm just along for the ride .
Old February 28 2009, 06:03 AM   #65
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
This episode was awesome, so much happened in the last 15 minutes. So much revealed. Ellen said someone is manipulating all of them, pulling the strings, I believe there is something behind all of this.
We've been discussing and theorizing about the 3rd party pulling the strings for quite a long time now, this is nothing new.

Mr Awe
What's new is someone on the show also saying something is pulling the strings, in this case someone of importance, one of the final 5 realizing something is pulling the strings. So now it isn't just us theorizing about it, its actually in the show that they think this as well.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 28 2009, 06:09 AM   #66
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

^^Shrug, ok. Didn't seem to big of a revelation to me. Neither was the daddy thing.
Old February 28 2009, 06:13 AM   #67
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

AVERAGE

Kara Thrace and her destiny was boring and predictable in this episode. All that and still no answers. If there had been more than she knows the frakkin' final five song, then it might've been okay. It's been prolonged foreplay for so long that I just don't give a rat's ass.

Now, the Boomer stuff... top notch. I was pissed and frustrated during the whole thing especially the locker sex stuff.

Oh, one last thought: What the frak is the whole hullabaloo of the final five if they are NOT to interfer? They are useless as a group and Tigh is the only interesting one in the bunch.
Old February 28 2009, 06:16 AM   #68
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Average

The Kara stuff was predictable and a bit boring. Fortunately, the Boomer/Chief/Helo/Athena storyline saved this one from dropping below average.

We are to the point where every episode should be an A+++... the next three weeks had better be better than this.
Old February 28 2009, 06:18 AM   #69
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Why is it when the tillium ship jumped right next to a Raptor and two Vipers a few weeks ago, all it did was pitch the ships about, but when a Raptor jumps a little bit further away from the Galactica, the ship gets wrecked? And don't hand me any lame excuses about the hull damage, this effect looked like it damaged a large area ... that tillium ship barely nudge the Raptor that was docking with it.
Old February 28 2009, 06:37 AM   #70
nx1701g
Admiral

Psion wrote: View Post
Why is it when the tillium ship jumped right next to a Raptor and two Vipers a few weeks ago, all it did was pitch the ships about, but when a Raptor jumps a little bit further away from the Galactica, the ship gets wrecked? And don't hand me any lame excuses about the hull damage, this effect looked like it damaged a large area ... that tillium ship barely nudge the Raptor that was docking with it.
But the hull damage would be a main effect of why they lost integrity. The Chief said early in the episode Galactica had only a few more jumps in her at most before they'd lose hull integrity.
Old February 28 2009, 07:15 AM   #71
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

On second viewing I think something else was revealed... what the significance of "the Song" is: Earth 2! Hera said she was drawing the stars. The Five heard music. Starbuck was taught the music. The music was heard by the Four when at the nebula, and the nebula was meant to point them to Earth. The song is the map, not to Earth 1, but Earth 2.

Perhaps by calculating the harmonic identities of those notes, one can find the stars they represent, and, from there find the habitable planet.
Old February 28 2009, 07:15 AM   #72
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Mr Awe wrote: View Post

Mr Awe
What's new is someone on the show also saying something is pulling the strings, in this case someone of importance, one of the final 5 realizing something is pulling the strings. So now it isn't just us theorizing about it, its actually in the show that they think this as well.
We knew something was pulling the strings since Ellen came back two weeks ago. She admitted that the sun exploding must be someone else. Thus this episode is useless.

Crusher Disciple wrote: View Post

I completely agree. What a way to piss away a precious hour. I'm seriously contemplating just Tivoing the rest of the series and watching it after the fact. If it wasn't at the end, I'm flat out drop it.
Me too, only three weeks left, I won't ditch now, but I'm really fed up with this bullshit.
Old February 28 2009, 07:40 AM   #73
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
On second viewing I think something else was revealed... what the significance of "the Song" is: Earth 2! Hera said she was drawing the stars. The Five heard music. Starbuck was taught the music. The music was heard by the Four when at the nebula, and the nebula was meant to point them to Earth. The song is the map, not to Earth 1, but Earth 2.

Perhaps by calculating the harmonic identities of those notes, one can find the stars they represent, and, from there find the habitable planet.
I don't know where you come up with this shit, but I love to read it.

Good episode.
Old February 28 2009, 07:49 AM   #74
yellowdingo
Lieutenant

But dumping all the secrets on you is lazy writing. Sure Hera draws the Solar system or what not, and maybe Starbuck is daughter of the thirteenth cylon (Daniel). But who cares if all they are going to do in the next episodes is dump the secrets on you.

I would rather see that one day after Sharon and Karl realize their daughter knows the way to Earth, that they take a daytrip in a Raptor and simply jump away without telling any one leaving the human race to die at the hands of Cylons.
Old February 28 2009, 07:52 AM   #75
romulus
Fleet Captain

I can’t believe the never streamed deadlock on the BSG site. I even checked the hulu site that guy kept name dropping and nothing. Some body piss em off or something?

OK episode, seems like Kara like people here predicted is a "hybrid." So yeah, what’s with the accurate predictions? They're almost like spoilers now. Damn even the Harry potter people weren’t so accurate that I can remember. So I guess the angels, missing cylon, or what ever the hell they are, are going to give them a new ship huh? Though they didn’t spoil or even hint at that on the preview for next week..