Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old February 22 2009, 03:10 PM   #91
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

Yeah, I'll get back to it I've just been busy for the last week and haven't had much time to post, let alone watch any episodes. Hopefully I'll be back on schedule in a few days.
TheGodBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2009, 04:23 PM   #92
kimc
Coffee Mod

^ Don't let that "real life" stuff push you around.

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2009, 12:26 AM   #93
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Yeah, get on with it, I have to keep proving my Harry Kim rule.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2009, 02:25 PM   #94
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Praetor wrote: View Post
Yeah, get on with it, I have to keep proving my Harry Kim rule.
I think that you will have to amend that rule to include me as well. As if I wasn't busy enough my PC broke down last night just a month after coming back from repair.
Old February 23 2009, 02:44 PM   #95
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Geez, dude, I'm sorry. Good luck with it.

(And if it makes you feel better, the universe can't hate you anywhere as much as it does Harry.)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Old February 23 2009, 03:16 PM   #96
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Well that's true, I'm 23 and haven't died yet. Harry died at least twice by then.
Old February 23 2009, 04:37 PM   #97
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

Praetor wrote: View Post
(And if it makes you feel better, the universe can't hate you anywhere as much as it does Harry.)

Tachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2009, 05:26 PM   #98
Praetor
Vice Admiral

GodBen wrote: View Post
Well that's true, I'm 23 and haven't died yet. Harry died at least twice by then.
Hey, so am I, and neither have I.

The rule is proven. See? See?

(Seriously though, good luck with it.)
Old February 23 2009, 11:05 PM   #99
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Thanks for the support, luckily it was just my video card and once it was removed my PC started working again. So now rather than taking out my harddrive, putting it in another computer to retrieve my files, sending the PC in for repair and using my cumbersome laptop to do my work, I can just use my PC while waiting for my video card to be repaired. I only lost a day!
Old February 24 2009, 12:26 AM   #100
Jeri
Vice Admiral

Whew, that was a close one! Now get to work.
Old February 24 2009, 12:33 AM   #101
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Good news then, GodBen!
Old February 24 2009, 05:29 PM   #102
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I made some time today, so here is my long awaited review of the next episode...

*drum-roll*

State of Flux (****)

In a perfect world this would have been another five-star episode. It has conspiracies, deceit, interesting revelations and someone telling Janeway something she doesn't want to hear. Mix that in with a story that ends with Voyager losing and Chakotay being betrayed and you have what I would normally consider to be perfect.

But this episode suffers from not making much sense in the grand scheme of things. Just why did Seska betray the crew? She claims it was to protect them by creating an alliance, but why? Lets review the threats Voyager has faced so far.

Caretaker: Voyager gets attacked by the Kazon who seem to do little damage and cause no injuries. Then they go away after making a threat. Nothing all that dangerous here.
Parallax: Voyager accidentally gets stuck in an anomaly. No threat here.
Time and Again: This episode never even happened.
Phage: Okay, the Vidiians are a threat but they don't appear to be all that powerful. All they did was nearly kill Neelix, and that would have been a positive boon!
The Cloud: Voyager encounters a nebula and frak it up, thus causing them to go back and fix it. No threat.
Eye of the Needle: No threat.
Ex Post Facto: They get attacked by two ships from a minor race and Voyager easily beats them. Minor threat.
Emanations: Harry dying isn't a sign of danger, he does it all the time.
Prime Factors: The aliens in this were friendly, the only reason the ship nearly blew up was because of the actions of certain crew members, including Seska.

So just what threat is Seska trying to save Voyager from? This is a good episode but it came out of nowhere; they should have built up to this, not just drop it in our lap. Have a few episodes where we explore Seska as a character, maybe rekindle her relationship with Chakotay, and have a few more episodes exploring the Kazon as a serious threat. This is a good episode which could have made for a great season if they had held this episode for the finale. The villain in the real season finale was a block of cheese for crying out loud!
Old February 24 2009, 05:34 PM   #103
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

Glad you liked it, GodBen. State Of Flux is one of my favs.

But let's not underestimate the real danger posed by the Neelix's cheese! Now that's drama with full of excitement!
Old February 25 2009, 06:14 PM   #104
Lynx
Rear Admiral

"State Of Flux" is a brilliant episode, one of the best in season 1.

I remember being very surprised when I watched it the first time. OK, Seska was a troublemaker but suddenly she turns out to be a Cardassian spy and she also betrays Voyager.

I also re-watched "Phage" last Sunday and it struck me that Neelix didn't seem to know about the Vidiians despite his famous knowledge of that part of the Delta Quadrant.

A bit odd since the Vidiian territory covers a large part of thar area.

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2009, 06:18 PM   #105
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

When I was watching State Of Flux for the first time, I was expecting Seska to be proven innocent in the end, even though I wanted her to be the guilty one. However, I was convinced that the writers wanted to mislead us, that she was too obvious choice to be the traitor. So I was surprised, too. Lol.